Dak is a good Bus Driver but Needs a Good Supporting Cast

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Romo would have never allowed someone who was getting beat that bad to not have help to that side. No freakin' way Romo would have allowed that to go on the entire game.

Now obviously, there is nothing you can do about an entire line breaking down which happened in Romo's career and I'm sure will happen to Dak at some point. But this was honestly one guy who was all bug begging for help, and neither Garrett nor Dak sent anyone over to help protect.

Anyone saying Dak is 0% at fault here is ignoring he gives commands at the line. No excuses for not putting a TE or RB over there for more protection. Garrett and Dak better sit down and have a long discussion about this.
The Cowboys gave the LT help on 33% of Dak's pass plays. Chaz got help for MORE than 33% of the pass plays he was in for.

Sooooo how about sticking to facts?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
The Cowboys gave the LT help on 33% of Dak's pass plays. Chaz got help for MORE than 33% of the pass plays he was in for.

Citation

Secondly, show me the plays where Dak was sacked and show me the help he got. Show me the times Dak had the RB pick up a blitz, or protect from that side.

The entire first half Green DID NOT get help. And problems were arising then.

Facts aren't you, you're giving about as many "facts" as I am. So let's go - show me these plays Green got the help he needed.

From the source, and I'm just going to guess where you got it from, Bryan Broaddus said 8 plays had "chip plays" - this isn't really counting the times I saw the RB instead of staying back to help block, ran out as a receiver or for some reason went to protect the right side rather than the left.

Basically the logic people use here - whether it would have worked or not, who knows. The simple fact is, there was no enough help on that side. If you leave Green in, he obviously needed a ton of help - it certainly wasn't helping giving him help on 8 plays, now was it?

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2...cking-help-chaz-green-addressing-running-game

Last edited:

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak is not a QB that can carry a team as shown today. This team revolves around Zeke period. It depends on a great 5 OL but only had 4 today and Dak eat dirt all afternoon. The Offense needs Zeke to get to the playoffs, oops, he is gone for 6 games. There is only one great player on Defense but he can not stay on the field due to injuries.

The Cowboys face a far better team in Philly next week. The season is as close to lose as you can get.

Go Cowboys

mr rwalters31---- Eagles i think are salivating to chew up our NFL #1 Offensive Line as reported before start of season?..( that is a crock )....

and Dak still needs time to mature..( does not see the field well )...holds ball too long..inaccurate throwing and does not anticipate throws

as an elite QB will...Now his counterpart Wentz is positioning himself for NFL MVP and shows far more maturity checking all the boxes...

I personally do not know how cowboys can realisitically win this game against Eagles?.....unless Eagles just have one of those days where

as a unit there is breakdown and penalties and turnovers...? that is what i am hoping for..because talent wise we do not match up

stiletto

Reaction score

How many sacks came on plays where Chaz was helped out?? Did you watch the tape??

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

mr Toruk_Makto--- i believe it was closer to 25%...helped only 8 out of 31 ..or 8 out of 30 something..all i know Brian Broaddus said he counted only 8 times was Dak helped

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Dak was helped only 8 out of 32 passing plays..and no sacks when helped out

And I'm not even arguing that it's a good thing that you would need that much help on 32 pass plays - but the issue is, Green was playing at a historically bad level. He simply needed help on the majority of the plays in some way. Obviously, without the help, he couldn't block a thing.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Citation

Secondly, show me the plays where Dak was sacked and show me the help he got. Show me the times Dak had the RB pick up a blitz, or protect from that side.

The entire first half Green DID NOT get help. And problems were arising then.

Facts aren't you, you're giving about as many "facts" as I am. So let's go - show me these plays Green got the help he needed.

From the source, and I'm just going to guess where you got it from, Bryan Broaddus said 8 plays had "chip plays" - this isn't really counting the times I saw the RB instead of staying back to help block, ran out as a receiver or for some reason went to protect the right side rather than the left.

Basically the logic people use here - whether it would have worked or not, who knows. The simple fact is, there was no enough help on that side. If you leave Green in, he obviously needed a ton of help - it certainly wasn't helping giving him help on 8 plays, now was it?

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2...cking-help-chaz-green-addressing-running-game

mr mattjames2010---- I must say it was one of the most shameful acts i have seen from the sidelines..offensive coaching not intervening

to help Green far sooner...i believe it reinforces the narrative our coaching will not or cannot adjust on the fly mid-game? we have much better

players then our schemes put them in position to play to their strengths....Garrett is mezmorized by the 90's cowboys and has done all he

can to return to that form..problem is that NFL has changed since 90's and we must make adjustments accordingly and we refuse..hence

two major blowouts...and two games we lose double digit leads and lose both games...this is a coaching problem issue

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
And I'm not even arguing that it's a good thing that you would need that much help on 32 pass plays - but the issue is, Green was playing at a historically bad level. He simply needed help on the majority of the plays in some way. Obviously, without the help, he couldn't block a thing.
yes sir--- i totally agree on that...it was shameful to witness coaching not helping him..this can have a lifetime bad effect on a players pshychie

stiletto

Reaction score
Dak was helped only 8 out of 32 passing plays..and no sacks when helped out

So basically when someone else really blocked who the left tackle was supposed to be blocking, Dak had some time. (i.e., there was no left tackle). LOL

mattjames2010

Reaction score
So basically when someone else really blocked who the left tackle was supposed to be blocking, Dak had some time. (i.e., there was no left tackle). LOL

This is essentially how you have to look at it - outside of early on, Green might as well not have been there. He was pretty much a LT prop.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
mr Toruk_Makto--- i believe it was closer to 25%...helped only 8 out of 31 ..or 8 out of 30 something..all i know Brian Broaddus said he counted only 8 times was Dak helped
Chaz was helped 8x and Bell 2x. That means the LT had help on roughly 10 of 30 pass attempts (I'm not sure how often on those doubles Dak was sacked which wouldn't be a pass attempt).

Since we know Chaz was benched in the early 4th he was not in for all 30 pass attempts and so he was in on 8 of < 30 pass attempts.

The idea he got no he'll is just a fundamental lie perpetrated by people who have an agenda against the coaching staff.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Chaz was helped 8x and Bell 2x. That means the LT had help on roughly 10 of 30 pass attempts (I'm not sure how often on those doubles Dak was sacked which wouldn't be a pass attempt).

Since we know Chaz was benched in the early 4th he was not in for all 30 pass attempts and so he was in on 8 of < 30 pass attempts.

The idea he got no he'll is just a fundamental lie perpetrated by people who have an agenda against the coaching staff.

i see your stats...yes i stand corrected thank you

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
This the only bus driver Dak better ever be compared to

speed-waistcoat.jpg

starcity214

Reaction score
I'm ok with this. Hell the numbers suggest he's a very good bus driver. This we can work with. Too many times under Antonio it became "save us gunslinger", I'm over that. Assemble a team, win as a team. Enough with relying on some dream run from a heartbreaker of a signal caller.

But see, that's the issue with Dak. Does he believe he is only a bus driver? It matters because once his contract is up, he may want franchize QB type of money. If you pay him that amount, you won't be able to "build a team" around him because you won't have the resourcess necessary to do that. You either have a great defense, or a great offense. You can't have both in todays NFL. As we have seen, Dak can't take over a game...it's just not who he is. So sure, if you have an elite defense, you can ride the bus all the way to the Superbowl. But all the teams that took bus drivers to the Superbowl were not paying "franchize QB type of money " and that includes the Seahawks. My whole point is, fans need to realize what Dak is. He sure as hell isn't a " saviour"

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score

So he got helped on 8 of <30 pass attempts...so he got help.

He gave up sacks on 8 of <30 pass attempts.

So he gave up as many sacks as he got help lol.

Thats horrendous.

So basically, if he wasnt getting help, half the pass attempts he gave up a sack.

50%. WoW