Dak is a greater QB than Aikman?

Troy played in an era where QBs took a beating and the rules weren’t so much in favor of WRs/offense.
I think the younger fans don't really realize just how different things were back then.

Aikman played his first four years without the ability to avoid a sack by chucking the ball into the stands. QB's either had to put the ball up for grabs or take the sack. No free lunch.
 
Dan Marino's 1984 made his reputation/legend grow bigger than it actually was. Jmo. He was just as responsible as anyone else for at least several postseason losses.

Legend? Absolutely
HOFer? Was Undoubtedly deserving
Better than Aikman? Probably

Top 5 QB of all time? No. I have Brady, Montana, Mahomes, Peyton Manning, and Elway at minimum ahead of him. Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson have a very good chance to surpass him if both win a Super Bowl.
 
I think the younger fans don't really realize just how different things were back then.

Aikman played his first four years without the ability to avoid a sack by chucking the ball into the stands. QB's either had to put the ball up for grabs or take the sack. No free lunch.
I don't think Romo would have lasted more than 10 games back in those days.
 
All three were 1st round QBs, two were 1st overall. I'd draft them over Dak.
Easily.. I was being sarcastic. The point is, the era is completely different. Even Brady and Manning weren’t throwing for 300 yards regularly until the post-2006 rule changes. Manning would get destroyed regularly in the playoffs.
 
Dan Marino's 1984 made his reputation/legend grow bigger than it actually was. Jmo. He was just as responsible as anyone else for at least several postseason losses.

Legend? Absolutely
HOFer? Was Undoubtedly deserving
Better than Aikman? Probably

Top 5 QB of all time? No. I have Brady, Montana, Mahomes, Peyton Manning, and Elway at minimum ahead of him. Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson have a very good chance to surpass him if both win a Super Bowl.
You're leaving out Bart Starr and Otto Graham and Johnny Unitas.
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,012
Messages
14,656,969
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top