Dak is a greater QB than Aikman?

It’s sad to see a fan base cling to inflated player stats when it has had so few playoff wins—let alone a Super Bowl appearance—especially when those stats were intentionally inflated and entirely predictable under today’s NFL.
I think a lot of the ones doing it were either not born or too young to remember the Dynasty. All they remember are the 21st century Cowboys where stats are the only thing they can celebrate.
 
But he probably would have at least tried.
What I find real strange is the notion that people keep bringing up that Dak would have to score 30 something points to win because of the defense. It seems like in the Romo days everyone would expect him to score that much and Dak at least used to could put up some numbers. I remember the year when the Cowboys were the #2 big game offense and the Eagles the #1 big game offense. Now it feels like people are arguing the offense should put up some 90's like numbers in points. In a Jerry build team, you just have to make do with the flaws the GM gives you.
 
Dak is better but Troy had an allstar team around him . Dak doesn't have the luxury of the no salary cap era. Ill still take Troy though. Hes just a winner and leader.
 
Dak is a greater qb and person than anyone here in CZ ! lol
He is also much richer than anyone in CZ, and more than likely has way more millions than Aikman does.
No rings lol but tons of cash.

edit
would you guys rather have 2 SB rings , but be broke,or have no rings and 300 million in the bank ?
I would take the 300 mil.
My point being The SB and rings are not as important as other things in life.
Life? We're talking about who's the better QB....
you-stay-focused-mr-miyagi.gif
 
I think the fact that Schotty admitted he told Dak to throw the ball away instead of going for the win and then hopes he “forgives” him pretty much ends the Dak vs Troy debate.

4th quarter 92 NFCCG in San Francisco with Dallas clinging to a 4 point lead Nirvana Turner asked Jimmy if he wants to play it safe or not. Jimmy said I want to win. Norv called a pass play from the Dallas 20 or so and Aikman delivered a strike to Alvin Harper flipping the field. Then on 3rd down hit Kmart for the game winning TD.

4th quarter of week 3 against the Ravens and Dallas clinging to a 4 point lead we ran it and played it safe. On the game winning play, allegedly, Schotty told his QB to throw it away and not go for the win.

Debate is over.
 
I think the fact that Schotty admitted he told Dak to throw the ball away instead of going for the win and then hopes he “forgives” him pretty much ends the Dak vs Troy debate.

4th quarter 92 NFCCG in San Francisco with Dallas clinging to a 4 point lead Nirvana Turner asked Jimmy if he wants to play it safe or not. Jimmy said I want to win. Norv called a pass play from the Dallas 20 or so and Aikman delivered a strike to Alvin Harper flipping the field. Then on 3rd down hit Kmart for the game winning TD.

4th quarter of week 3 against the Ravens and Dallas clinging to a 4 point lead we ran it and played it safe. On the game winning play, allegedly, Schotty told his QB to throw it away and not go for the win.

Debate is over.
Dak has always played it safe.
 
Stop. I love Romo and wish so much he won a ring But don’t put those two names together. It’s not fair to Romo. Marino is on a completely separate level. And I know you’re not comparing like that.
@kskboys said that Marino's release has never been equaled. Romo's was faster. I'm not making the argument that Romo was a better QB than Marino (he wasn't). He did, however, have a quicker release than Dan the man.
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,012
Messages
14,656,864
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top