Dak is a greater QB than Aikman?

Prescott is a superior thrower of the football.
Neither one was great, to be honest- or is great.
Greatness is Joe Montana. Greatness is John Elway. Greatness is prolific passers.
Tom Brady was great.
Aikman and Eli Manning are basically the same player. Neither one of them was great, both benefited from great coaching, and great offensive and defensive lines, and very good to great running backs.
System quarterbacks.
Troy’s signature throw comes against San Francisco. and Eli’s comes in the Super Bowl by David Tyree.
But Prescott is a better thrower than both of them.
Aikman is the best thrower of a football who ever donned a Cowboys uniform. Dak doesn't make the top 5 list, prolly not top 10. I mean, this isn't even close.

The Eli Aikman comparison is one of the most inane things ever said on this site.
 
Some of the Speakeasy crew said Dak was better than Aikman and Romo. Romo can be contested but to say Dak is better than a HOF, and one of the most accurate playoff QB in NFL history, is absurd.

Aikman was a far better college QB and pro QB than Dak. No disrespect to Dak, but "I know Troy and you sir (Dak) are no Troy Aikman.
Definitely not, here's how I would rank it. I guess I could be sold moving 3-5 around, but put White there based on his career winning percentage and 3 championship game appearances.

1. Staubach
2. Aikman
3. White
4. Prescott
5. Romo
 
Definitely not, here's how I would rank it. I guess I could be sold moving 3-5 around, but put White there based on his career winning percentage and 3 championship game appearances.

1. Staubach
2. Aikman
3. White
4. Prescott
5. Romo
Meredith is 3. It's really not close. Morton prolly is 4.
 
Aikman is the best thrower of a football who ever donned a Cowboys uniform. Dak doesn't make the top 5 list, prolly not top 10. I mean, this isn't even close.

The Eli Aikman comparison is one of the most inane things ever said on this site.
Not really you better re read the thread. Apparently there is internet in outer space because those of us who live here on planet earth never would have posted these "thoughts".
 
I’m a Dak fan. Great qb vastly underrated by not only national media but by a lot of Cowboy fans. With that said, Troy was better. Dak will have all the stats when it’s all said and done but it’s a different era and football has changed. How many times did Troy ever throw 40-50 times a game ?
 
Dak and Romo have each had stacked teams and couldn't get the job done. Maybe not as stacked as Aikman's teams, but pretty darn close.
Can you give me a 22 man comparison that shows which teams Dak/Romo had that were superior or even equivalent to Aikman’s Super Bowl teams?

Or has our talent merely been overrated recently?

I keep seeing people compare Jaishawn to Rolando McClain. Like they believe it’s an ideal comp that makes them excited about the future.

People my age aren’t looking at a Ken Norton or a Deion or a Woodson or a Hayley or a Tolbert or a Maryland to look back and reminisce on.

We look at a few seasons of Sean Lee, or Rolando McClain, or Vander Esche, and think “ahhh… those were the good old days!”

To think this roster has been nearly as talented as those 90s rosters is just funny to me. Because it clearly has not been. We’ve seem to always have a good offense and a few guys that flash on defense, instead of a dominant version of both the way Aikman’s teams were built.
 
All you ever need to do is watch Dak in person. The throws he doesn't see or doesn't make tells the real story and you'll never see that on TV. Saw all three in person, and Dak is by far the worst of the three. He's lucky that he played in this era.
This is the story that doesn't get shown on TV, on purpose, I'm sure. The replays I want to see would show the whole field, and who was open and who wasn't. And the Networks rarely show that. Wonder why ? ? ? (Secret NFL "rules" ???)
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,016
Messages
14,657,218
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top