Dak is a horrible runner and athlete now and that's the problem

Blackrain

Reaction score
Do you guys even watch the games or do you just spout hate.

No he's not Michael Vick but he never was in his 8th year he had like 250 yards rushing and a couple touchdowns for us this year.

Even after the broken ankle he's running and moving the chains when necessary in the playoff game he had 45 yards almost as much as Pollard.

He's been doing his best to make up for our lack of running game because Jerry's too cheap to get a back like Derrick Henry

Chasing6

Reaction score
When is last time Dak made runs like Mahomes and purdy did last week?

If you’re not elite passer then you gotta be able to make plays running. He can’t - he’s slow. He lumbers. Not shifty at all. Won’t be able to win big games against good defense with him. Why can’t jerry and dopy son just see this?? The coach and Mclay don’t say anything???
There are multiple different ways to win at the QB position. Comparing anyone to Mahomes and or Josh Allen is ridiculous. Good like finding them in the draft, that know how to play the QB position. Sure you can find athletes that run around, but you still have to be able to play QB.

If our game plan by Jeruh is to build a team that Dak has to play like Mahomes to win a SB. He is an idiot. It is not going to happen.

Fixing the run game takes pressure if Dak.

For some reason, we understand how our D can dominate with a lead, (the other teams stop running), but we don't understand why Dak struggles with no run game. It is the exact same concept.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I agree with you guys, just let dak hand the ball off and run short curl routes, and forest gump some runs and pay him elite money. Rush can't hand the ball off because of his lollipop arms.

Chasing6

Reaction score
That is an overreaction. He isn't what he used to be as a runner. But this year he averaged 14.2 carries a game compared to a career average of 16.5. His yards per carry was 4.4 compared to his career 4.6. I just looked up Purdy's numbers. He had 9 carries a game and a 3.7 average meaning Dak had better numbers. SF beat a lot of good teams and is in the super bowl.

Dak certainly has a big problem but being a horrible runner isn't it.
14.2 carries a game?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The other “minor” issue is melting under pressure. I’d love to see his heart rate during the game and compare that to Mahomes and Purdy. Those guys are just so cool and calm…… Dak is a deer in the headlights.

Chasing6

Reaction score
The other “minor” issue is melting under pressure. I’d love to see his heart rate during the game and compare that to Mahomes and Purdy. Those guys are just so cool and calm…… Dak is a deer in the headlights.
Purdy is surrounded by elite talent. Mahomes is a different animal. Not realistic to compare anyone to Mahomes or Allen in my opinion.

sbark

Reaction score
Shoulders square, straight ahead Dak is ok, had a few good runs when he got shoulders squared up to los.
His rollout is painfully slow and cumbersome to watch
Jogging memory to think of him extending plays on a rollout
Maybe coffee hasn’t kicked in, gotta be some

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That is an overreaction. He isn't what he used to be as a runner. But this year he averaged 14.2 carries a game compared to a career average of 16.5. His yards per carry was 4.4 compared to his career 4.6. I just looked up Purdy's numbers. He had 9 carries a game and a 3.7 average meaning Dak had better numbers. SF beat a lot of good teams and is in the super bowl.

Dak certainly has a big problem but being a horrible runner isn't it.
How dare you

father-of-the-bride-every-party-0f67utrfqytvg7gv.webp

Rally

Reaction score
Some of you kill me. Dak is a top ten QB , if the team gets rid of him ,who would replace him that is better.
Over reactions

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Purdy is surrounded by elite talent. Mahomes is a different animal. Not realistic to compare anyone to Mahomes or Allen in my opinion.
Purdy has the same job as Dak. Read the defense and get rid of the ball. He just does it much faster than Dak. And let’s not pretend GB was the first big game Dak didn’t show up to. It’s a pattern. You can lose and still play heroically in the loss and not lose face. Dak completely collapses in the spotlight. He just too excited and nervous.

kskboys

Reaction score
No, that is not the problem, not even close. Dak has a "fright" response when the chips are down. It has absolutely nothing to do w/ his athleticism. His problem is mental, just doesn't see the field well.

kskboys

Reaction score
Some of you kill me. Dak is a top ten QB , if the team gets rid of him ,who would replace him that is better.
Over reactions
Unfortunately, he wants to be paid like a top 3 QB. Which resigns us to not advancing in the playoffs.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Purdy has the same job as Dak. Read the defense and get rid of the ball. He just does it much faster than Dak. And let’s not pretend GB was the first big game Dak didn’t show up to. It’s a pattern. You can lose and still play heroically in the loss and not lose face. Dak completely collapses in the spotlight. He just too excited and nervous.
I don't disagree, but the entire team played bad.

Purdy did not play well and his team carried him to stay in the game, assisted by Dan Cambell being an idiot. You can give all the credit you want to Purdy, but his was a bus driver at best who got lucky and helped by a dumb coach who he wants to be in the spotlight.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
When is last time Dak made runs like Mahomes and purdy did last week?
Did Dak ever make runs like Mahomes?
Dak used to be a good running QB. Not great. Good. Now as a veteran, he's decent. I think he's come back a lot since his ankle injury. He's improved his arm a lot over the years too.
Still gotta work on seeing the field.
If you want to worry about something, worry about that.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I don’t agree with this really, he absolutely isn’t an athlete like Lamar Jackson or a Josh Allen but he absolutely is athletic enough to put his head down and scramble when needed for 4,5,6 yards and a grab a first down. If anything dak needed to use his legs more than he has and did some a little more this year- with success

He also is effective on roll outs and on the move. Lots of flaws for dak but this as a concern isn’t even on my list