Dak is a horrible runner and athlete now and that's the problem

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did Dak ever make runs like Mahomes?
Dak used to be a good running QB. Not great. Good. Now as a veteran, he's decent. I think he's come back a lot since his ankle injury. He's improved his arm a lot over the years too.
Still gotta work on seeing the field.
If you want to worry about something, worry about that.
I think he made epic improvements in the way he delivers the ball, especially downfield. He also trusted his receivers more.

He does need to work on seeing the field, true dat!

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
When is last time Dak made runs like Mahomes and purdy did last week?

If you’re not elite passer then you gotta be able to make plays running. He can’t - he’s slow. He lumbers. Not shifty at all. Won’t be able to win big games against good defense with him. Why can’t jerry and dopy son just see this?? The coach and Mclay don’t say anything???
He is not the athlete he once was, but he is an elite passer who struggles in the playoffs. If you don't think he is an elite passer, I don't know what to tell you. He was easily a top three or four passer in the NFL this year and has been top ten his entire career.

People are soooooooo weird. So much recency bias. Take reality for what it is, he is a very good QB who struggles in the playoffs.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't disagree, but the entire team played bad.

Purdy did not play well and his team carried him to stay in the game, assisted by Dan Cambell being an idiot. You can give all the credit you want to Purdy, but his was a bus driver at best who got lucky and helped by a dumb coach who he wants to be in the spotlight.
It’s starts with the QB. Dak had opportunities to bail out the defense and keep us in the game but failed miserably.

Purdy is a bus driver and Dak is a drunk driver. Give me the guy who knows the system and can execute it under pressure every time.

Aven8

Reaction score
I thought he ran really well this year. The problem is when he rolls out he won’t throw the ball out of bounds……

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I thought he ran really well this year. The problem is when he rolls out he won’t throw the ball out of bounds……
yep, he likes to take sacks that put the team out of field goal range. Sad but true, no awareness at all once he goes into panic mode. Sometimes he gets lucky and slings one the WR can chase down for a good completion.

Chasing6

Reaction score
It’s starts with the QB. Dak had opportunities to bail out the defense and keep us in the game but failed miserably.

Purdy is a bus driver and Dak is a drunk driver. Give me the guy who knows the system and can execute it under pressure every time.
So if two QB's both play bad is there still a winner?

RonWashington

Reaction score

If you’re not elite passer then you gotta be able to make plays running. He can’t - he’s slow. He lumbers. Not shifty at all. Won’t be able to win big games against good defense with him. Why can’t jerry and dopy son just see this?? The coach and Mclay don’t say anything???
There are times I love this forum . This post is exibit A . “ dopey son “.

:laugh:

bandfan

Reaction score

Sure sounds a lot like you are calling out Mahomes for not being an elite passer and having to run all the time.....

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak is a limited QB in his ability to make reads. He can throw the ball well on his first read, but he’s completely garbage when he panics after that. If he breaks pocket in such situations, he can make a play, but that’s the exact of going through progressions, it’s basically buying time. All you have on do is make him sit on his first read and play adequate containment so he has to make decisions. He’s really slow and can’t see what’s going on around him.

ottawacowpoke

Reaction score
I don’t agree with this really, he absolutely isn’t an athlete like Lamar Jackson or a Josh Allen but he absolutely is athletic enough to put his head down and scramble when needed for 4,5,6 yards and a grab a first down. If anything dak needed to use his legs more than he has and did some a little more this year- with success

He also is effective on roll outs and on the move. Lots of flaws for dak but this as a concern isn’t even on my list
agree

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Cutout-2.jpg

unsportsmanlikeconduct

Reaction score
That is an overreaction. He isn't what he used to be as a runner. But this year he averaged 14.2 carries a game compared to a career average of 16.5. His yards per carry was 4.4 compared to his career 4.6. I just looked up Purdy's numbers. He had 9 carries a game and a 3.7 average meaning Dak had better numbers. SF beat a lot of good teams and is in the super bowl.

Dak certainly has a big problem but being a horrible runner isn't it.
He had 55 carries ALL YEAR. Where you came up with 14.2 carries a game is a mystery.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
Some of you kill me. Dak is a top ten QB , if the team gets rid of him ,who would replace him that is better.
Over reactions
What percentage of Dak's stats happen in garbage time? His numbers seem bloated.

Everyone keeps asking who we should replace him with, but they never say why we should keep him besides his stats.

Mannix

Reaction score
You mean the way he kicks his leg up in front of him like a flapper girl whenever he rolls right and throws.

Wildcat711

Reaction score
He is not the athlete he once was, but he is an elite passer who struggles in the playoffs. If you don't think he is an elite passer, I don't know what to tell you. He was easily a top three or four passer in the NFL this year and has been top ten his entire career.

People are soooooooo weird. So much recency bias. Take reality for what it is, he is a very good QB who struggles in the playoffs.
My reality is.. why would you want a QB that struggles in the Playoffs?