Dak is a tough Son of a Gun

shabazz

Reaction score
So tough that all his offense can produce through 3 quarters is 3 field goals. Give Dakota the Participation Award for that. His bar has been lower than for any previous Cowboys quarterback........or better yet, pay him that 50 Mil he craves so much, LMAO

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Actually I’m doing the opposite of stirring. I’m telling you you took it the wrong way. It was more of a credit to how strong Dak is than how soft Romo is.
And you know I took it the wrong way how?

Did you ask the OP if that was what he meant?

Aven8

Reaction score
Dak walked into an all pro line with all the time in the world and the best running game in the league. Dak has hardly seen the ground of pressure.

The OL was a joke when Romo came in and it was the excuse for Bledsoe’s garbage performance. Bledsoe was sacked 16 times in six games before Romo stepped on the field. When Flozell went out in 2005, three of the linemen, which included Gurode, Columbo and Marco Rivera allowed over 40 sacks in ten games, that how garbage they actually were.

and that’s not even talking about pressure, because Dak was sacked only one time this game, while he saw the ground a lot. Dak couldn’t handle the pressure Romo saw regularly.

Love your passion for the old regime and Romo, who you know was my favorite player. But having said that he isn’t coming back. Dak I believe was the most sacked QB, or top three last season.

khiladi

Reaction score
Love your passion for the old regime and Romo, who you know was my favorite player. But having said that he isn’t coming back. Dak I believe was the most sacked QB, or top three last season.

Because his pocket pressure sucked and he held onto the ball way too long. He was among guys like Bortles and Osweiler in the latter.

Dak also has the top ranked rushing game.

DFWJC

Reaction score
say what you will. Love him or hate him. The dude was punished today with NO help from the refs, and kept getting back up. Romo would have been in a body cast. Williams is the new Jim Johnson.
That he is!

He got a very small dose of what Romo got for about 40 games in the 2010-2013 time range...when the rules were far more lenient for hitting the QB.. It is brutal.
We're lucky that Dak is so sturdy.
Dude is a rock.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because his pocket pressure sucked and he held onto the ball way too long. He was among guys like Bortles and Osweiler in the latter.

Dak also has the top ranked rushing game.
No, the Cowboys are 7th in rushing yards per game, and 10th in yards per carry. And I really didn't see Dak holding the ball too long at all - with the pressure he was under if he had he would have been sacked a lot more than once. Holding the ball too long was a big problem for Dak last year, but that has not been the case this year.

khiladi

Reaction score
No I brought up the 50 sacks in reference to you saying Gurode, Adams, Davos, etc suck just because Bledsoe was a statue. Go back and reread my post.

And once again Dak throwing late had nothing to do with today.

And just because you’d take the best quarterback in the game doesn’t mean anything lol. Thats the good ol....”but I have a ___________ friend” argument lol.

This is just laughable.

1. Neither Moon nor Cunningham were ever the best QBs in the game.

2. Of course I’d take the best QB on the game, because the objective of football is to win. but it’s OK, continue with the desperation and playing the race card to defend Dak.

3. I know why you said it and thus my phrase IMPLICITLY and the point that Dak hasn’t even been sacked at all this year. Sacks don’t necessarily mean pressure. Further, like I said, Dak even last year held on to the ball way too long as well, contributing to his pressures and sacks. Plus his pocket presence is trash, contributing to the same thing.

The difference between Romo and Bledsoe is that we had the same standard of comparison to see as well as a whole career of journeymen backups that has mediocre or average careers until Romo came along.

khiladi

Reaction score
No, the Cowboys are 7th in rushing yards per game, and 10th in yards per carry. And I really didn't see Dak holding the ball too long at all - with the pressure he was under if he had he would have been sacked a lot more than once. Holding the ball too long was a big problem for Dak last year, but that has not been the case this year.

I was referring to the 2018 season, thus the 50 sacks which I was responding to. Plus, he still has a premiere rushing game and teams focus on that irrespective.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was referring to the 2018 season, thus the 50 sacks which I was responding to. Plus, he still has a premiere rushing game and teams focus on that irrespective.
Sorry, I missed the context then. I agree Dak held the ball too long last year, but we didn't have the top rushing team last year either (10th in yards per game and 12th in yards per carry). Last year really isn't relevant to what's happening this year though.

khiladi

Reaction score
Sorry, I missed the context then. I agree Dak held the ball too long last year, but we didn't have the top rushing team last year either (10th in yards per game and 12th in yards per carry). Last year really isn't relevant to what's happening this year though.

Top rusher on the league, the point being, this offense is run first, even though this year we’ve passed more.

also, the OL this year for the first three games has been absolutely dominant, meaning hardly pressured. Yesterday was the first day one could say Dak was hitting the floor, meaning the majority of his career has been nothing but clean pockets.

Comparing him to what Romo experienced is asinine.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Should he be carrying this team by himself? Because I don’t know any young qb with inept coaching doing it right now. Maybe you do?

Wentz

Mahomes

Watson

Goff

Jackson

ECT....

Don't give me that crap about coaching, just a few weeks ago, we found gold with Moore, now that the wheels are actually turning and defenses play Dak differently it's his fault.

Don't bring up stats either. These guys are winning. And stats or no stats, he can't hold a candle to any of those guys mentioned above, maybe Jackson. Maybe

We have better weapons, so don't bring that up either.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
say what you will. Love him or hate him. The dude was punished today with NO help from the refs, and kept getting back up. Romo would have been in a body cast. Williams is the new Jim Johnson.
Poor dude got smashed all game long

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Top rusher on the league, the point being, this offense is run first, even though this year we’ve passed more.

also, the OL this year for the first three games has been absolutely dominant, meaning hardly pressured. Yesterday was the first day one could say Dak was hitting the floor, meaning the majority of his career has been nothing but clean pockets.

Comparing him to what Romo experienced is asinine.
You said "top ranked running game", and last year still doesn't really apply to this year.

Nevertheless, It really is not "run first", it's balanced. They really don't want to be dominated by either the run game or passing game. They want to be effective on both fronts such that if an opponent puts too much focus on stopping one element the other element will make them pay for it. Sounds like a good plan, but unfortunately it's not working as effectively as we need it too.

I don't know about the Romo comparison you mentioned - must have occurred earlier in the thread soI can't comment on whether the basis for the comparison was reasonable or not.

khiladi

Reaction score
You said "top ranked running game", and last year still doesn't really apply to this year.

Nevertheless, It really is not "run first", it's balanced. They really don't want to be dominated by either the run game or passing game. They want to be effective on both fronts such that if an opponent puts too much focus on stopping one element the other element will make them pay for it. Sounds like a good plan, but unfortunately it's not working as effectively as we need it too.

I don't know about the Romo comparison you mentioned - must have occurred earlier in the thread soI can't comment on whether the basis for the comparison was reasonable or not.

The POINT is, we are talking about what Dak has in relation to Romo. Everybody knows that this offense is run through Zeke. How about league-leading rusher that’s every defense says they focus on primarily, as opposed to worrying about Dak? I even said that even though we are passing more this year, defenses still focus on Zeke.

Saying Romo would have folded in yesterday’s scenario, unlike Dak is laughable. Romo experiences garbage pass protection on a regular. Garrett’s offense didn’t even have hot routes per Crayton’s hyperbole. Jim Haslett constantly had free runners at Romo and Garrett left him alone on an island constantly. We were bottom on the league in play action with Garrett calling plays, while we are top 3 traditionally with Dak, meaning even our passing game isn’t traditional drop back passer.

Dak’s blocking wasn’t even that bad anyways considering the whole second half, they were feeding Zeke over and over again and it ultimately wore out their front. Dak only got sacked once. He’s been the least pressured QB a majority of the whole season.

if anybody was tough, it was Romo.

dallas72

Reaction score
No help from the receivers dropping passes either. I hope that Tyron, La`el and Amari are back in the lineup next game. I also hope that D-Law shows up as well. He was MIA.
DLaw MIA all year...6 game .5 sacks....he had 1 total tackle vs GB and 1 tackle vs Jets that's a joke

khiladi

Reaction score
Williams did that to Romo too when he was with the Deadskins. JG's offense had no answers then and has no answers now for a heavy blitzing defense.

You are confusing Williams with Haslett..