Dak is better than Wentz

Status
Not open for further replies.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Wentz is a odd case....at times he’s brilliant. But at times he looks lost and is sloppy with the football.

Wince has a freakin’ cannon for an arm. His frame and arm give NFL execs wet dreams. But durability & leadership is part of the position as well, something he sorely lacks. One thing I’ve always said, give me the guy I know who will be there every game and I can coach him up to be the player my team needs. Dak can do those things.

Nav22

Reaction score
Stats - advantage Dak.

W/L record - advantage Dak.

Clutch gene - advantage Dak.

Leadership - advantage Dak.

Durability - advantage Dak.

Draft status - advantage Wentz.

Yeah, this debate is over until something drastic changes.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Wince has a freakin’ cannon for an arm. His frame and arm give NFL execs wet dreams. But durability & leadership is part of the position as well, something he sorely lacks. One thing I’ve always said, give me the guy I know who will be there every game and I can coach him up to be the player my team needs. Dak can do those things.
He’s has a arm for sure....he also gets happy feet I noticed.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Because the first three teams we played are ranked 26th, 29th, and 31st defensively against the pass? We still haven't played a top 10 passing defensive team (the last three were 12th, 14th, and 22nd). By the way the Eagles are 28th.

I have zero issues with Dak but that is not exactly an endorsement. Context matters.

Stop using this piss poor example. Dallas is not the only team that has gained from playing also rans.

Reactions: CWR

TheHerd

Reaction score
The fact that it’s even a debate shows how thoroughly Dak has outplayed Wentz.

Better record, better stats, better leader, more clutch, more durable. None of those are even debatable.

Let’s pretend to reverse their draft status and keep everything else equal - Dak’s the #2 overall pick and Wentz is the 4th rounder - there wouldn’t even be a debate. Dak in a landslide.

Draft status SHOULDN’T matter... but it’s the only reason Wentz is still ranked ahead of Dak by some. People will get over that soon enough. “Potential” only lasts so long.
Wentz is taller and can throw the ball a mile. Folks will keep giving him a pass because a big arm equates to upside in many circles.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Imagine if Dak was getting the pressure Watson is facing up front, how many excuses they’d be making for Dak.. 18 sacks to a whopping 7. They never cease to amaze with their Dak love.

Look what just happened last week when Dak faced the Jets and their bottom 20 defense that got ‘some pressure’ on Dak...

Mad?

Reactions: CWR

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure Wentz wasn't on the board when Dallas drafted Dak. You've spent 4 years belaboring a point that doesn't even exist.

Yeah, the Cowboys had no shot at Wentz. They were helpless at 4 while the Eagles traded up twice to get to 2.

Good point, bubba.

Syron

Reaction score
Same reason Fitzpatrick still has a job. There's no throw they can't make.

I feel like the Russell comparison is a decent one...nowhere near that same level currently, but something to strive for. The one thing for Seattle is that they had an amazing defense for his early years. Russell wasn't asked to do much. Dallas put the whole world on Dak's shoulders from day 1, and he has had success. Not what we want, but no reason to believe he can't take us to the promise land with some better coaching and a better defense.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Instead they saved the picks, and took a better QB in round 4.

Excellent job by the front office on that one.

Can’t tell if you’re being funny but I seriously doubt this FO would’ve passed on Wince had he been there. Jerruh got extremely lucky they picked Dak, Moore got hurt, etc. but i’ll Take it. Sometimes you gotta get lucky.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Can’t tell if you’re being funny but I seriously doubt this FO would’ve passed on Wince had he been there. Jerruh got extremely lucky they picked Dak, Moore got hurt, etc. but i’ll Take it. Sometimes you gotta get lucky.

I am just trolling Risen. I like Risen. But he deserves it.

I actually wanted Wentz if he was available. The cowboys absolutely got lucky with Dak. No doubt about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.