Dak Is Clutch mega thread *merged*

GoJacks

Reaction score
So you expect a perfect game and a blowout every time? LOL

Yah whatever. Enjoy
No, the way the defense started the game it should have been a blowout if not for the terrible turnovers. I would never expect a blowout but it was set up for the offense with a bow.

Hadenough

Reaction score
No, I want a quarterback that doesn't suck. It seems like you need the tissues.
I just want a QB that is solid and doesn't make mistakes. Dak is still holding onto the ball too long and fumbling too much. Over throwing WR and throwing interceptions.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
Roy, we can do without the insults. This isn't high school. I know you're getting beat up in here but I'm not a troll. I've been here longer than you and I am older than you and less emotional so please stop with that nonsense, it diminishes you.

Your answer is what I was looking for. Throwing it back on me and asking what I would do and here's where you got me.

I'm not sure.

I think Dak deserves an extension but not the max. There was an article by Charles Robinson on Yahoo saying his agent CAA (Creative Artists Agency out of LA) will not settle for less than 100 million.

Do you want to give Dak a max contract and be tied to him for 7-10 years based on what you've seen? Is he that guy at the expense of other players?

If we do that we will have a hard time keeping Zeke, Demarcus and Amari. Is that what you want to do?

I do not want to sign Dak to the max. I think we have to ride him at the barest min we can get away with until we can draft another QB or sign one in free agency and take advantage of our defense.

So rather than extend him, franchise tag him... Get rid of Killeen Moore and get a real QB coach that can actually coach. Then next year if he doesn't improve, it's so long friend...

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Roy, we can do without the insults. This isn't high school. I know you're getting beat up in here but I'm not a troll. I've been here longer than you and I am older than you and less emotional so please stop with that nonsense, it diminishes you.

Your answer is what I was looking for. Throwing it back on me and asking what I would do and here's where you got me.

I'm not sure.

I think Dak deserves an extension but not the max. There was an article by Charles Robinson on Yahoo saying his agent CAA (Creative Artists Agency out of LA) will not settle for less than 100 million.

Do you want to give Dak a max contract and be tied to him for 7-10 years based on what you've seen? Is he that guy at the expense of other players?

If we do that we will have a hard time keeping Zeke, Demarcus and Amari. Is that what you want to do?

I do not want to sign Dak to the max. I think we have to ride him at the barest min we can get away with until we can draft another QB or sign one in free agency and take advantage of our defense.

Guys like you made up your mind about Dak most likely in the 2nd half of last year during that rough patch. At that point, Dak sucks and that was that.

The first half was abysmal tonight. And even I was starting to seriously doubt Dak. But what the 2nd half should have done for you is give you some hope. That the young QB may have something special to him. But it didn't. So it appears you are hopeless.

For me I love the kid. Love his make up. I don't think he will ever be elite, but I understand that he doesn't have to be. Sure it would be great to have mahones or Brady. But that's a pipe dream. To get this kid in the 4th round was incredible. Not sure where this team would be without Dak right now.

Im going to enjoy seeing him grow. Cardiac Kid? Im fine with that one.

If some great QB comes along I have no problems snagging him. Let the best QB play. Until then Ill enjoy watching this kid. Unlike you, I haven't made up my mind.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
His ceiling is below Alex Smith but I love his attitude and fight. He does seem to stay calm for the most part. Dallas will have to have an elite defense backing him.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No, I want a quarterback that doesn't suck. It seems like you need the tissues.

Im tickled pink about my QB and my Cowboys. Happy as a clam. Maybe you need to go root for the Patriots or Chiefs or something. No one will miss you around here.

Hadenough

Reaction score

I'm not sure.

I think case keenum could do anything Dak is doing and he gets 12 mil a year.

Sydla

Reaction score
There is no overtime at if he doesn’t cough up the ball three times.

It’s amazing people want to overlook his egregious mistakes.

Also, if he doesn’t air mail a WIDE OPEN Gallup for the second week in a row, there is no OT either.

I’ll give him credit in the sense he can make some big plays. But he makes a lot of bad mistakes too and against better teams that’s going to cost us.

For example, you simply CANNOT throw a pass to a wide open gallup over his head for a pick deep in your own territory. That was a
momentum shift. Philly could do crap on O and you just gave them ball on your own two yard line.

GoJacks

Reaction score
Im tickled pink about my QB and my Cowboys. Happy as a clam. Maybe you need to go root for the Patriots or Chiefs or something. No one will miss you around here.
No, I've been a Cowboys fan my entire life. I'm not happy with the quarterback play this year or the prior two years. He's not good. That doesn't mean i'm going to change teams. I will be a Cowboys fan for life. I am not a pessimist fan or poster. I never have been except when it comes to Prescott. Don't get me wrong, he appears to be a great guy, but he is not a starting NFL quarterback deserving a starting quarterback contract. He just isn't good.

wssaustin

Reaction score
Lol, in spite of Dak going 42-55, 455 yds,3tds, with Tsmith getting 3 penalties, no Frederick, losing ZMartin.

Against a depleted defense, with more injuries in the game, yet committed 3 turn overs, wide-open misses. etc, etc.

Gaede

Reaction score
Dak made a lot of mistakes tonight, but won the game in the end. I've noticed that he gets zero credit in here for the things that go right, and all the blame for things that go wrong.

Five weeks ago many of you complained that he couldn't go over 200 yds. No elite qb throws for so little amount of yards, you said. Also, that he was wildly inaccurate. Also, that he never threw it deep. Also, that trading for Cooper was pointless because dak couldn't hit him.

Lo and behold, the guy puts up big yardage games several weeks in a row and you're literally making threads and posts that stats don't matter. That he can't throw it deep despite all the evidence to the contrary. That Cooper's tremendous success is 100% all him. That Dak's 70% completion doesn't matter.

My God. 10th year Romo goes out there with this game and he's a hero. 3rd year Dak does it and he's the worst.

All this, 'imagine what would happen with a good qb' nonsense. Newsflash, idiots, we are on a 5 game win streak about to clinch the NFC east. This IS as good as it gets. What, Romo would step in and get you even more stats?! WE WON THE GAME!!