Dak is currently the most sacked QB in the NFL

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Throw in that either we don't run hot routes or Dak doesn't see them. The cameras have at least shown a few times where Dak was sacked this season where we had no one open because we were running routes that take time to develop. When teams are blitzing, you've got to give your QB a quick read, such as a slant.

Earlier in the year, I do remember Hurns and Gallop both saying that they missed some calls at the line by Dak. He had read the blitzes presnap and changed the play, but they missed the calls. Same as watching the OL/TEs earlier in the year, just unsure on handling stunts and blitzes, communication issues. Some of it has just being growing pains with new players and getting on the same page. Dak definitely holds the ball too long at times and some of that, I think, is overconfidence in his scrambling ability and wanting to make a play. Sometimes he can break those tackles, but he needs to learn when he can and can't take those chances.

Hardline

Reaction score
It seem to me that most of Dak's sacks come from pocket collapsing pass rushes over edge rushers. Maybe that's a thing or not.

Xeven

Reaction score
Also if he steps up into the pocket it might cause some defenders to hesitate and open a receiver.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Embarrassing. So much money and draft capital is invested in the O-line to produce these kinds of results.

Yes - Dak runs into a lot of sacks, and yes the OL is trending upward after a huge series of setbacks, but sheesh.

Well considering we lost one this season (maybe more) to an obscure disease, one has developed back issues which never go away once you have them, and one is an undersized rookie who needs a year in the weight room and is playing out of position. Not to mention our right tackle is better suited at guard. Not sure I would consider it embarrassing as much as unlucky and in the case Collins and connor poor coaching decisions.

risco

Reaction score
3cwkJKD_d.jpg

LEADING IN ALL THE STATS BABY
He could be twenty or so less if he would get rid of the ball a lot sooner... On the flip side, he could also have double digit turnovers too. So I guess I rather him take the sack-:grin:

Sully

Reaction score
It is only a matter of time until Dak is injured. Look at RG3, when all the pounding took it's tool on him.
Dak's style is a short-term QB.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
If I had a crisp 20 dollar bill every time I yelled "throw it throw it!!" During the game I would be looking at a brand new corvette
I say this all game long. His pocket awareness is just not good. He doesnt slide or step up just a bit to avoid pressure and a sack.... he holds it, holds it, holds it.... sack. Yeah, oline is awful.....

Jipper

Reaction score
I say this all game long. His pocket awareness is just not good. He doesnt slide or step up just a bit to avoid pressure and a sack.... he holds it, holds it, holds it.... sack. Yeah, oline is awful.....

Oline was really bad in the first half...there was a handful of plays where the rushed 4 and all of our linemen were pushed back....at least second half I'mproved