Dak is currently the most sacked QB in the NFL

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You want less sacks? Go 4 wide with Zeke on the wheel route. OR 4 wide draw, OR 4wide RPO.
I could go on but the bottom line, Scotty is a moron.

I still not 100% sold on Dak, but this system sucks.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
Its amazing how short the windows are in the nfl these days. We were lauded for doing such a great job building an offensive line from the ground up and that era is over already. Lasted a mere 3 years or so. Think about it, in 3 years from now we will have a terrible linebacking core, thats just how ephemeral things are in the nfl these days.
Free agency has ruined the game in some ways. jmo.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
3cwkJKD_d.jpg

LEADING IN ALL THE STATS BABY

Here are the reasons why:

1. Poorly designed plays that don't get receivers open and take too long to develop.

2. The oline. They have not been properly coached this year. Evident to the reason why the let Paul Alexander go. Now the oline is coming around but the damage has already been done. Injuries and rookie mistakes have also taken their toll on the oline.

3. Lastly, Dak hold the ball too long. Let's face it. Our receivers were not getting open in the early part of the year. Also, Dak wanting to run to get the drive going. Again, the reason for this is the Oline and poorly designed plays.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Just FYI, the wonder boy was second in sacks back in 2015 (Aaron Rodgers) and lead the league in getting sacked in 2012. We still think he's great huh.

And Tom Brady was top ten in getting sacked twice in 5 years. Matt Ryan was also in the top 2 or 3 in the last 5 years. So what?

Getting sacked a lot doesn't define your QB.

Wood

Reaction score
Its maddening how long he holds the ball and he will have to improve in this area. He realizes Dallas wins when he doesn't create turnovers but will learn to step out of pressure and throw it away.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Prescott makes better faces than Manning after getting blasted.

droopdog7

Reaction score
I haven't read all the posts so it's doubtful i'll be the first to say this. but he does bring some of the sacks on himself by not just throwing the ball away sooner.
I think you’re lucky number 50 in this thread alone to say this :)

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Here are the reasons why:

1. Poorly designed plays that don't get receivers open and take too long to develop.

2. The oline. They have not been properly coached this year. Evident to the reason why the let Paul Alexander go. Now the oline is coming around but the damage has already been done. Injuries and rookie mistakes have also taken their toll on the oline.

3. Lastly, Dak hold the ball too long. Let's face it. Our receivers were not getting open in the early part of the year. Also, Dak wanting to run to get the drive going. Again, the reason for this is the Oline and poorly designed plays.

4. Alexander was clearly a terrible fit for this scheme/personnel.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Embarrassing. So much money and draft capital is invested in the O-line to produce these kinds of results.

Yes - Dak runs into a lot of sacks, and yes the OL is trending upward after a huge series of setbacks, but sheesh.

LMAO!! I love your screen name.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
3cwkJKD_d.jpg

LEADING IN ALL THE STATS BABY
Well..

the sacks do not bother me as much as does the overthrows and balls in the ground at receivers legs.

And sack with fumbles were way up with DAK also.

I took alot of stat classes in college as a premed major.

Stats are one thing to look at but the other is the quality of the competition.

Thats called a variable.

Also the quality of the receivers another variable.

As we have seen Thursday..

having Cooper take simple passes and produce TDs while the other guys other than Beasley practice jujitsu to improve their receiving.

makes a big difference.

As does having Zeke in your backfield..

lukin2006

Reaction score
If he had better pocket awareness and an internal clock that is not 5 seconds off, he'd be sacked less...