Dak is Delusional

Jkyle

Reaction score
Dak is getting high on his own supply.
He's under the illusion or delusion that he is an Elite QB.
He doesn't understand or refuses to understand that Jerry can't and doesn't want to lock up the cap for a QB that has failed to produce any playoff success.
If he signs him to a long term deal not only will it affect the ability to sign or resign players, it will be a disaster too if the team doesn't have any playoff sucess this season.
The fans will be ready to move on from him and resent Dak and Jerry for doing the deal.
Dak isn't a Force Multiplier type QB where he helps elevate the talent around him. He requires superior talent around him to succeed.
Having Dak at such a high cap rate will hurt in getting the talent necessary to help him succeed. So Jerry doesn't want to commit himself to Dak and continue to be a mid level team. He will likely want to go the route of acquiring and keeping superior talent while having a QB who doesn't eat up so much cap space and could possibly give you the same or better results than Dak.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I'm a Dak hater.

But I understand that he will reset the market when he signs.

It won't be in Dallas, thankfully, but there will be a team (probably Vegas or Giants) that will be dumb enough to reset the market for him.

He's not elite. He's not even very good. That will become clear when he leaves Dallas.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
What demand has Dak made for his salary? did i miss this? Now if your saying Dak is delusional for thinking he will get big monay in FA and should sign a low deal with the Cowboys now, then that would be an opinion we could actually put to the test this off season...no one knows what or even if Dak has aksed for with the Cowboys.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
I'm a Dak hater.

It won't be in Dallas, thankfully, but there will be a team (probably Vegas or Giants) that will be dumb enough to reset the market for him.

He's not elite. He's not even very good. That will become clear when he leaves Dallas.
Wouldn’t doubt it as I wouldn’t doubt he goes to another team and wins it all - not because he’s elite but just because that seems to be how it happens for the big name guys we run out of town … it is what it is
With or without Dak - this team fails to have a plan that isn’t flavor of the moment mgmt.
I’ll cheer for whomever has their name on the jersey as I cheer for the Star till I die

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He doesn't understand or refuses to understand that Jerry can't and doesn't want to lock up the cap for a QB that has failed to produce any playoff success.
If he signs him to a long term deal not only will it affect the ability to sign or resign players, it will be a disaster too if the team doesn't have any playoff sucess this season.
The fans will be ready to move on from him and resent Dak and Jerry for doing the deal.
Dak isn't a Force Multiplier type QB where he helps elevate the talent around him. He requires superior talent around him to succeed.
Having Dak at such a high cap rate will hurt in getting the talent necessary to help him succeed. So Jerry doesn't want to commit himself to Dak and continue to be a mid level team. He will likely want to go the route of acquiring and keeping superior talent while having a QB who doesn't eat up so much cap space and could possibly give you the same or better results than Dak.
Whether Dak is elite or not is for the fantasy football players and mediots to argue. What Dak does know is he was an All Pro last year. He’s also proven he’s never had a losing record. His resume isn’t Brady but his resume is much better than what Tua and Trevor has.

You’re also making the assumption Jerry is the one calling the shots. Dak may be the one who doesn’t want to play in Dallas and if he shares the same views as his brother he for sure doesn’t. Jerry and Stephen are the ones high on their own supply of incompetence. Not Dak.

In 2024 what is special about playing here? Nothing. There is not one perk to playing in Dallas.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What demand has Dak made for his salary? did i miss this? Now if your saying Dak is delusional for thinking he will get big monay in FA and should sign a low deal with the Cowboys now, then that would be an opinion we could actually put to the test this off season...no one knows what or even if Dak has aksed for with the Cowboys.
People just making assumptions snd stating it as facts.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Meanwhile, Trey Lance is looking sharp at training camp. Jerry needs to take notice and understand there is another way to fill the QB1 role. Do not sink the Cowboys' ability to acquire talent just to sign Dak beyond this season. In the entertainment business, they say "break a leg" to wish for good luck. Break a leg, Dak.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I think Dak understands he is going to have to sign with another team. Jerry Jones understands that, too. Neither one is deluding themselves. The Cowboys will be in the market for a quarterback. They might want to sign CeeDee to make it a more attractive destination for a potential replacement. They don’t even have Lance or Rush under contract for the 2025 season. Cowboys will end up with Russell Wilson. Wait and see.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Meanwhile, Trey Lance is looking sharp at training camp. Jerry needs to take notice and understand there is another way to fill the QB1 role. Do not sink the Cowboys' ability to acquire talent just to sign Dak beyond this season. In the entertainment business, they say "break a leg" to wish for good luck. Break a leg, Dak.
You’re sick.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think Dak understands he is going to have to sign with another team. Jerry Jones understands that, too. Neither one is deluding themselves. The Cowboys will be in the market for a quarterback. They might want to sign CeeDee to make it a more attractive destination for a potential replacement. They don’t even have Lance or Rush under contract for the 2025 season. Cowboys will end up with Russell Wilson. Wait and see.
That’s how stupid they are. They don’t even get the benefit of Lance on a rookie deal. Makes me wonder would they even play Lance this year to hurt his value.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm a Dak hater.

You are 100%, correct. He will be the highest paid quarterback in the USFL

tomokawan

Reaction score
Second in MVP last year. Even most of the best QB's require great talent around them. Other then Mahomes, which other top QB's doesn't have top talent around them?? Hurts?? Burrows, Tua? Shroud? Purdy?? Goff?? They all have Elite talent around them.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Whut?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
None of this has anything to do with him getting paid. it may be unfortunate but teams dont have these kind of requirements to paying out stupid money to elite or non elite players. Happens all the time.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Second in MVP last year. Even most of the best QB's require great talent around them. Other then Mahomes, which other top QB's doesn't have top talent around them?? Hurts?? Burrows, Tua? Shroud? Purdy?? Goff?? They all have Elite talent around them.
And when you look at it….who on earth would takes Dak talent over those above? They all have two number one receivers lol….well except Goff. But then Goff running game is nasty.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The last camp report I read said both backup QBs were "struggling." But you keep repeating the same hope and prayers that Dak will be gone.. in a few years you will get your wish! LOL!

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
The Church of Dak will claim that I am a Dak hater. I disagree, I don't think Dak is important enough to hate - he is an average QB who is going to disappear anytime you are competing against a top tier team. Hating that guy is a waste of my time.