Dak is Delusional

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The last camp report I read said both backup QBs were "struggling." But you keep repeating the same hope and prayers that Dak will be gone.. in a few years you will get your wish! LOL!
Is JJ going to extend him in your mind?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Fly eagle fly
How bad do you hate that something you thought had no chance of happening (Dak not getting extended) is going to happen with me, of all people, telling you for a year now that it was going to happen.

The worst possible scenario for you and your 4 pals here is going to happen.

MountaineerCowboy is going to once again be right.

RS12

Reaction score
The biggest fear of the anti Dak crowd is Dak leaving and having success. Scares the crap out of yall.
Do I think there are some posters here who genuinely dislike the guy? Yeah. I am not one of em though. In a league where you get 3 years to prove yourself generally, I have come to the conclusion that it just isn't going to happen with Dak as Cowboys QB after 8 years. Maybe someone like Sean McVay or Jim Harbaugh could cover up his short comings to get further in the post season. He needs a fresh start and so does the team.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Is JJ going to extend him in your mind?
I am at about 90% at this point. Jerry loves being the lead story on every talking head show which will be the case until he gets these deals done. Every dollar he overpays on the contracts will be multiplied tenfold in sponsorship deals. There is zero incentive in his mind to rush getting these deals done.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I am at about 90% at this point. Jerry loves being the lead story on every talking head show which will be the case until he gets these deals done. Every dollar he overpays on the contracts will be multiplied tenfold in sponsorship deals. There is zero incentive in his mind to rush getting these deals done.
Ya'll look at this hopium lololololol

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Even after the stuff Dak has been saying? That the only reason he is in camp is so he won't get fined. That other "great QB's" can go elsewhere, among other stuff that should have not been said. Go find another team stuff.

90% is pushing it I think.

And if Dak does leave there are his fans hoping Lance fails? What Cowboy fan would want that? Maybe a Dak fan, but a Cowboy fan?

stiletto

Reaction score
Prove it or shut up...because I have not seen any updates on his progress.
Whatever the case, Lance is going to get a lot of playing time this pre-season. Everyone will get to see how he looks. You know Jerry wants to see him get a lot of reps.

aikemirv

Reaction score
He’s not being “delusional” in the slightest in these contract negotiations.

He has leverage and is using it.
The only leverage he has is whether Jerry would like to be relevant but not good enough or take the rebuild route. The Cowboys are under the cap this year - no pressure to redo a contract with Dak. Lucky for Dak that Jerry would rather remain relevant and decent but never win another Super Bowl instead of rebuild with a new QB.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Whatever the case, Lance is going to get a lot of playing time this pre-season. Everyone will get to see how he looks. You know Jerry wants to see him get a lot of reps.
Have you seen any updates on his progress? I have not seen anything yet.

stiletto

Reaction score
The only leverage he has is whether Jerry would like to be relevant but not good enough or take the rebuild route. The Cowboys are under the cap this year - no pressure to redo a contract with Dak. Lucky for Dak that Jerry would rather remain relevant and decent but never win another Super Bowl instead of rebuild with a new QB.
No millionaire has any leverage on a billionaire unless he wants it to be so..