Dak is Delusional

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Dak's not going to be on the street with a tin cup either way.
But a lot of downside injury and performance risk to playing in a contract year.
If the risks don’t bother Dak, they sure as hell don’t bother me. He’s at training camp honoring his contract. Right now his best receiver is holding out. He could get injured in practice. Nonetheless, he’s doing what he’s told and preparing for the upcoming season. And smiles a lot.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If the risks don’t bother Dak, they sure as hell don’t bother me. He’s at training camp honoring his contract. Right now his best receiver is holding out. He could get injured in practice. Nonetheless, he’s doing what he’s told and preparing for the upcoming season. And smiles a lot.
Dak came out and admitted he is only in camp so he won't get fined, and you want to call that honoring his contract?

Ok, then...

Loso86

Reaction score
Dak is getting high on his own supply.
He's under the illusion or delusion that he is an Elite QB.
He doesn't understand or refuses to understand that Jerry can't and doesn't want to lock up the cap for a QB that has failed to produce any playoff success.
If he signs him to a long term deal not only will it affect the ability to sign or resign players, it will be a disaster too if the team doesn't have any playoff sucess this season.
The fans will be ready to move on from him and resent Dak and Jerry for doing the deal.
Dak isn't a Force Multiplier type QB where he helps elevate the talent around him. He requires superior talent around him to succeed.
Having Dak at such a high cap rate will hurt in getting the talent necessary to help him succeed. So Jerry doesn't want to commit himself to Dak and continue to be a mid level team. He will likely want to go the route of acquiring and keeping superior talent while having a QB who doesn't eat up so much cap space and could possibly give you the same or better results than Dak.
He is though. By your standards then the ONLY elite QB I'd Mahomes

Loso86

Reaction score
The Church of Dak will claim that I am a Dak hater. I disagree, I don't think Dak is important enough to hate - he is an average QB who is going to disappear anytime you are competing against a top tier team. Hating that guy is a waste of my time.
This is probably the most inaccurate post I've seen in years. Dak isn't great but he is FAR from average. What are you smoking.? Would love to know the QBs you rate above him and WHY?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Dak came out and admitted he is only in camp so he won't get fined, and you want to call that honoring his contract?

Ok, then...
Yes, his agreement with the Cowboys and the CBA. Like it or not, Dak is in a good place. He’s not complaining. He’s not holding out. He’s not demanding to be traded. He’s not being fined. He’s going to be paid over $1.7 million for every game he’s on the Cowboys 53 man roster. He’ll be the guy on the sidelines, in a ball cap, holding a clip board, during the games the phenom Trey Lance starts, if that’s what he’s asked to do. On March 12, 2025 he becomes a free agent if he doesn’t sign with Cowboys. He is truly above all the noise. What a life.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes, his agreement with the Cowboys and the CBA. Like it or not, Dak is in a good place. He’s not complaining. He’s not holding out. He’s not demanding to be traded. He’s not being fined. He’s going to be paid over $1.7 million for every game he’s on the Cowboys 53 man roster. He’ll be the guy on the sidelines, in a ball cap, holding a clip board, during the games the phenom Trey Lance starts, if that’s what he’s asked to do. On March 12, 2025 he becomes a free agent if he doesn’t sign with Cowboys. He is truly above all the noise. What a life.
Why has he not signed the contract offer that was proposed to him? I thought he wanted to be a Cowboy for life? If you think he is "above the noise", you are kidding yourself. He is not above the noise, he is making a lot of noise with his words lately. You may not want to hear them, but they are there.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Why has he not signed the contract offer that was proposed to him? I thought he wanted to be a Cowboy for life? If you think he is "above the noise", you are kidding yourself. He is not above the noise, he is making a lot of noise with his words lately. You may not want to hear them, but they are there.
He knows he can say anything and remain above all the angst. Jerry Jones does the same. Dak wants to be a Cowboys for life as long as they pay him what he thinks he’s worth, not what the team thinks he’s worth. Like Jerry, he’s not going to get everything he wants in life. What fans can’t accept is that Dak accepts it. Jerry Jones has to make prudent decisions on player compensation. And so does Dak. He is responsible for his playing career. Why are people down on him for being willing to take chances on his own behalf? Fans don’t own Dak Prescott. The Cowboys don’t own him either. He can, and should, do what he feels is best for Dak Prescott. There are plenty of guys that can play quarterback in the NFL. If Dak leaves because Jerry is not comfortable with his salary demands Jerry will just hire another guy to do it. Jerry Jones does not need Dak. Dak does not need Jerry. Both of them understand that. Neither one is complaining about the other. They both seem like really happy guys.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He knows he can say anything and remain above all the angst. Jerry Jones does the same. Dak wants to be a Cowboys for life as long as they pay him what he thinks he’s worth, not what the team thinks he’s worth. Like Jerry, he’s not going to get everything he wants in life. What fans can’t accept is that Dak accepts it. Jerry Jones has to make prudent decisions on player compensation. And so does Dak. He is responsible for his playing career. Why are people down on him for being willing to take chances on his own behalf? Fans don’t own Dak Prescott. The Cowboys don’t own him either. He can, and should, do what he feels is best for Dak Prescott. There are plenty of guys that can play quarterback in the NFL. If Dak leaves because Jerry is not comfortable with his salary demands Jerry will just hire another guy to do it. Jerry Jones does not need Dak. Dak does not need Jerry. Both of them understand that. Neither one is complaining about the other. They both seem like really happy guys.
That's fair, and you made some good points.

Some paragraphs would make it easier to read though.