Dak is Delusional

CWR

Reaction score
Dak is getting high on his own supply.
He's under the illusion or delusion that he is an Elite QB.
He doesn't understand or refuses to understand that Jerry can't and doesn't want to lock up the cap for a QB that has failed to produce any playoff success.
If he signs him to a long term deal not only will it affect the ability to sign or resign players, it will be a disaster too if the team doesn't have any playoff sucess this season.
The fans will be ready to move on from him and resent Dak and Jerry for doing the deal.
Dak isn't a Force Multiplier type QB where he helps elevate the talent around him. He requires superior talent around him to succeed.
Having Dak at such a high cap rate will hurt in getting the talent necessary to help him succeed. So Jerry doesn't want to commit himself to Dak and continue to be a mid level team. He will likely want to go the route of acquiring and keeping superior talent while having a QB who doesn't eat up so much cap space and could possibly give you the same or better results than Dak.
You are presuming Jerry would actually aggressively go after talent in FA. I understand your sentiment, but have my doubts we'd become FA players, even with the cap relief.

tomokawan

Reaction score
And when you look at it….who on earth would takes Dak talent over those above? They all have two number one receivers lol….well except Goff. But then Goff running game is nasty.
Yea, and the thread starter should of thought about this before posting. But as usual, Dak haters never think before they post. Pretty easy to see that QB's need talent around them to be successful.

stiletto

Reaction score
The Church of Dak will claim that I am a Dak hater. I disagree, I don't think Dak is important enough to hate - he is an average QB who is going to disappear anytime you are competing against a top tier team. Hating that guy is a waste of my time.
He is what he is. Many of us never hated the guy, we've just determined from all the evidence that he truly isn't good enough. Takes time to know but not 10 years. I probably gave him 2 years too long for various reasons but oh well.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
He doesn't understand or refuses to understand that Jerry can't and doesn't want to lock up the cap for a QB that has failed to produce any playoff success.
If he signs him to a long term deal not only will it affect the ability to sign or resign players, it will be a disaster too if the team doesn't have any playoff sucess this season.
The fans will be ready to move on from him and resent Dak and Jerry for doing the deal.
Dak isn't a Force Multiplier type QB where he helps elevate the talent around him. He requires superior talent around him to succeed.
Having Dak at such a high cap rate will hurt in getting the talent necessary to help him succeed. So Jerry doesn't want to commit himself to Dak and continue to be a mid level team. He will likely want to go the route of acquiring and keeping superior talent while having a QB who doesn't eat up so much cap space and could possibly give you the same or better results than Dak.
And you know all this how exactly?

RS12

Reaction score

Dak is Delusional​

I would say that yesterday when he said other great QBs ended their careers on other teams: that if he is including himself as any way, shape, or form, as great, then yes he is delusional. Said yesterday when he made this statement he has surrounded himself with many people that are sycophants and are giving him a less than honest appraisal of his performances. Do I think he leaves? Yep. Do I think he gets paid? Yep. Do I think the new team fan base will be any happier with his play than 62% of us in a couple years? Nope.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Same story all off season. Just happens to be the next day.

Chasing6

Reaction score
You are delusional and Dak is 100% in control of the situation.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The Church of Dak will claim that I am a Dak hater. I disagree, I don't think Dak is important enough to hate - he is an average QB who is going to disappear anytime you are competing against a top tier team. Hating that guy is a waste of my time.
It’s a waste of your time yet you do it?

Chasing6

Reaction score
Meanwhile, Trey Lance is looking sharp at training camp. Jerry needs to take notice and understand there is another way to fill the QB1 role. Do not sink the Cowboys' ability to acquire talent just to sign Dak beyond this season. In the entertainment business, they say "break a leg" to wish for good luck. Break a leg, Dak.
:laugh:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm a Dak hater.

But I understand that he will reset the market when he signs.

It won't be in Dallas, thankfully, but there will be a team (probably Vegas or Giants) that will be dumb enough to reset the market for him.

He's not elite. He's not even very good. That will become clear when he leaves Dallas.
2nd post BAM! Dak hate.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's a great attitude...won't do us any good and as you say, it's just a waste of time and takes away from enjoying the game, which is why most of us watch.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Dak is Delusional​

I would say that yesterday when he said other great QBs ended their careers on other teams: that if he is including himself as any way, shape, or form, as great, then yes he is delusional. Said yesterday when he made this statement he has surrounded himself with many people that are sycophants and are giving him a less than honest appraisal of his performances. Do I think he leaves? Yep. Do I think he gets paid? Yep. Do I think the new team fan base will be any happier with his play than 62% of us in a couple years? Nope.
The biggest fear of the anti Dak crowd is Dak leaving and having success. Scares the crap out of yall.