Dak is Delusional

FVSTONE

Reaction score
The Cowboys will be “lousier” than they are today. What an ignorant scenario. You’re suggesting nonsense even an idiot like Jerry Jones wouldn’t consider. Dak Prescott may not have beat Green Bay, but he’s going to beat some NFL owner out of a contract north of $55 million per season. When it comes to his next contract Dak is going to win, and he’s going to win huge. Get over it. He’ll likely agree to somewhere between $55 & $60 million with some team. But if he signs with the Dallas Cowboys it will be for a minimum of $60 million. Jerry Jones is messing with the wrong player in Dak’s case, and with the wrong agent in Todd France’s case. Ryan Tannehill will start a regular season game for the Cowboys before Rush or Lance ever will. Cowboys fans need to stop with the Rush/Lance alternative. They are nowhere near Prescott’s ability as an NFL quarterback. To suggest either one be the Cowboys’ QB1 is colossally stupid.
You just said it yourself, the Cowboys are lousy with Prescot as their QB, so you want to see him stick it to the Cowboys for $60-$70 million a yr for the next 4-5 yrs?????????? Bait the bullet, let Rush and Lance have at it for the 2024 season and inform Prescot that with the NO TRADE clause in his contract then he's going to be the No 3 QB for 2024. Prescot and his agents will not go for this and will demand a trade, JJ and the Cowboys could come out of this mess with some decent draft capital going into the 2025 draft AND the $40 million hit in dead money might not be that bad if the Cowboys can find their next leader in the 2025 draft. It makes no sense to sign an older and lousier Prescot to a contract when he's not going to deliver on his end, no sense at all! The money the Cowboys save on dumping Prescot can be used to sign CeeDee and possibly Parsons if he comes off his high horse.

kevm3

Reaction score
10 years later, we're going to be complaining about the EXACT same thing, about how are next qb isn't getting it done. We've had 20 years of failure prior to Dak and will continue to have countless decades of failure after him because the FO fails to HIRE A GM who is actually accountable. In fact, it's worse than not winning a championship. We haven't been out of the 2nd round of the playoffs.

J_Allen

Reaction score
You just said it yourself, the Cowboys are lousy with Prescot as their QB, so you want to see him stick it to the Cowboys for $60-$70 million a yr for the next 4-5 yrs?????????? Bait the bullet, let Rush and Lance have at it for the 2024 season and inform Prescot that with the NO TRADE clause in his contract then he's going to be the No 3 QB for 2024. Prescot and his agents will not go for this and will demand a trade, JJ and the Cowboys could come out of this mess with some decent draft capital going into the 2025 draft AND the $40 million hit in dead money might not be that bad if the Cowboys can find their next leader in the 2025 draft. It makes no sense to sign an older and lousier Prescot to a contract when he's not going to deliver on his end, no sense at all! The money the Cowboys save on dumping Prescot can be used to sign CeeDee and possibly Parsons if he comes off his high horse.
I love this idea.

GINeric

Reaction score
He's the worst playoff QB in NFL history. He can't handle pressure at all, and can only put up his stats against bottom feeders and when already getting blown out like the last GB game.

So are you going on record right now saying EVERY good game he's had in his career was against ALL bottom feed teams? Are you saying he's never had good games vs good teams???

I just want to be clear before I prove that theory wrong....

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Do I think there are some posters here who genuinely dislike the guy? Yeah. I am not one of em though. In a league where you get 3 years to prove yourself generally, I have come to the conclusion that it just isn't going to happen with Dak as Cowboys QB after 8 years. Maybe someone like Sean McVay or Jim Harbaugh could cover up his short comings to get further in the post season. He needs a fresh start and so does the team.
I think Dak is peachy keen as a dude.
As a QB he's an embarrassment during the playoffs.

Swagger

Reaction score
The only good team who I think could be interested in Prescott is the Rams. This could be Stafford's last season. They have a promising young roster and play in a poor division in terms of depth plus the 49ers' Superbowl window could be closed after this season with Purdy due to be paid and some blue chip players getting on in age. LA factor.

But could they afford him?

Aside from the Rams there will only be desperate bad/average teams interested in paying him the big bucks.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The only good team who I think could be interested in Prescott is the Rams. This could be Stafford's last season. They have a promising young roster and play in a poor division in terms of depth plus the 49ers' Superbowl window could be closed after this season with Purdy due to be paid and some blue chip players getting on in age. LA factor.

But could they afford him?

Aside from the Rams there will only be desperate bad/average teams interested in paying him the big bucks.
It’s too early to tell right now. Some of these teams might end up good that we think will suck. Raiders could be a candidate for that.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Whether Dak is elite or not is for the fantasy football players and mediots to argue. What Dak does know is he was an All Pro last year. He’s also proven he’s never had a losing record. His resume isn’t Brady but his resume is much better than what Tua and Trevor has.

You’re also making the assumption Jerry is the one calling the shots. Dak may be the one who doesn’t want to play in Dallas and if he shares the same views as his brother he for sure doesn’t. Jerry and Stephen are the ones high on their own supply of incompetence. Not Dak.

In 2024 what is special about playing here? Nothing. There is not one perk to playing in Dallas.
There are huge perks in Dallas, especially for the QB.
Endorsement deals while and after playing. No income tax. Broadcasting deals after playing. The Star brings bonuses to a Cowboy QB, and Jerry should negotiate on that basis.

The interesting trick for Dak is that he had his best year by accolades last year, and the players around him got worse. This year, no Tyron, Biadasz, Pollard, and Gallup. Pollard and Gallup not great, but we didn't bring in anything more. The team really should be worse. Will Dak set the market then?

Really, Dak should agree to a new contract *this* year. Then he gets a 25mil compensation bump over his 30mil salary *this* year, and locks in a market setting contract. If he waits, he spends a year making significantly less money, and has injury and performance risk to his next contract, and has *none* of that locked in.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
There are huge perks in Dallas, especially for the QB.
Endorsement deals while and after playing. No income tax. Broadcasting deals after playing. The Star brings bonuses to a Cowboy QB, and Jerry should negotiate on that basis.

The interesting trick for Dak is that he had his best year by accolades last year, and the players around him got worse. This year, no Tyron, Biadasz, Pollard, and Gallup. Pollard and Gallup not great, but we didn't bring in anything more. The team really should be worse. Will Dak set the market then?

Really, Dak should agree to a new contract *this* year. Then he gets a 25mil compensation bump over his 30mil salary *this* year, and locks in a market setting contract. If he waits, he spends a year making significantly less money, and has injury and performance risk to his next contract, and has *none* of that locked in.
I don’t think Dak is going to be frightened into signing a deal he doesn’t like. Jerry‘s not going to be, either. If they can’t agree on terms they’ll both have decisions to make. I’m going to guess both have considered their respective situations and are proceeding with what is in their best interests. I think both are living their best life. Neither of them really needs the other.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I don’t think Dak is going to be frightened into signing a deal he doesn’t like. Jerry‘s not going to be, either. If they can’t agree on terms they’ll both have decisions to make. I’m going to guess both have considered their respective situations and are proceeding with what is in their best interests. I think both are living their best life. Neither of them really needs the other.
Dak has shown willingness to play for little on a contract year for a bigger contract down the road. Did that playing for 2mil on his rookie contract. That worked out well. Don't know that it will this time, though. There's also the cap threat of the lawsuit against the NFL. The judge overturned the big fat judgment against the NFL, but surely that will be appealed.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Dak has shown willingness to play for little on a contract year for a bigger contract down the road. Did that playing for 2mil on his rookie contract. That worked out well. Don't know that it will this time, though. There's also the cap threat of the lawsuit against the NFL. The judge overturned the big fat judgment against the NFL, but surely that will be appealed.
The cap parameters are a formula in the CBA. It does not stipulate a judgment against the league can be used to calculate the salary cap. In any case, since the NFLPA may not negotiate media rights for the league and do not participate in the handling of media rights deals it’s not the players’ problem. The league would find themselves in front of a Federal labor board if they tried to hold players accountable for that judgment, which will be significantly reduced at some point. That will be long after Dak has signed a new deal anyway.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Serious question. Do you think those same teams would offer those QBs 60M if they were going into their 8th or 9th season and they still didn't do anything?
That is a good question.

I guess it depends on how you define "have not done anything".

Are you talking about never winning the division, or never advancing past the 1st round of the playoffs, or never reaching a Conference Title Game, or never reaching a SB, or never winning a SB?

So, what you are basically asking is "how much success will Tua, Herbert, and Lawrence need to achieve in order to be rewarded with a 3rd contract"?

I honestly dont know, I guess it will come down to what we have been discussing here, "what is the alternative and how much of a drop off in production will there be"?

Obviously, there is no way to know that sitting here today, but good question none the less.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
It's not about need, it's about best option.
The Cowboys *now* is Dak's best option.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
It's not about need, it's about best option.
The Cowboys *now* is Dak's best option.
If the Cowboys are his “best option” as in their offer is the most he’s going to get, and he decides against accepting it, then the decision he’s making may be a mistake, or it’s not only about money. Teams often pay a player and regret it. It can work both ways. Free agency is available to Dak after the season. He and the Cowboys are both in a position to do what they want to do. It doesn’t get better than that.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
If the Cowboys are his “best option” as in their offer is the most he’s going to get, and he decides against accepting it, then the decision he’s making may be a mistake, or it’s not only about money. Teams often pay a player and regret it. It can work both ways. Free agency is available to Dak after the season. He and the Cowboys are both in a position to do what they want to do. It doesn’t get better than that.
Dak's not going to be on the street with a tin cup either way.
But a lot of downside injury and performance risk to playing in a contract year.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I think Dak understands he is going to have to sign with another team. Jerry Jones understands that, too. Neither one is deluding themselves. The Cowboys will be in the market for a quarterback. They might want to sign CeeDee to make it a more attractive destination for a potential replacement. They don’t even have Lance or Rush under contract for the 2025 season. Cowboys will end up with Russell Wilson. Wait and see.
I get tired of reading all these "fans" who act like they're a combination of GM and head coaches and what they say is carved in stone as facts. None of you, repeat NONE OF YOU know any more about what will happen than I do and that is just about zero. If you want to speculate on what you think is going to happen do so but not as a matter of fact. You only look ridiculous.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Church of Dak will claim that I am a Dak hater. I disagree, I don't think Dak is important enough to hate - he is an average QB who is going to disappear anytime you are competing against a top tier team. Hating that guy is a waste of my time.
I HATE Broccoli but have no ill feeling about the Dakster other than I think he doesn't belong starting as a QB in the NFL due to his lack of talent.
P.S. He is dumb also and panic-riddled so can you HATE the disabled??? :eek: