Dak is done give Mike White a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
IMHO, bencing the dud stud would maybe help him understand, he best figure out his defects and FIX them or someone else will get to pretend to be our QB. I agree, let Cooper have a run at it and sit Prescott down. One thing we may all be missing, is maybe he was thrown in to soon, and yes I was one of those who said, NO to putting Tony back in once he was good to go. mainly because we were winning with Prescott, and I felt why screw up a good thing. Looking back is hind sight I know, but seeing just hot god aweful he is, maybe benching him and letting Romo take back over would have worked out better for us all.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips....Coach Clove...I haven't read many of your comments. I suspect you are one of those that believe that Dak's 2016 season proves he is elite right? So then even before you answer this, I am sure you will have something for me. Tell me how is it that Tony gets hurt in a pre-season game...then at the end of the season in 5 plays does to the Eagles what Dak couldn't do the entire day...including depants the Eagles Defence with TWilliams for a TD? Dak is not Elite. People can quote his 2016 numbers all day long...but he has played in how many games since that season? How has he done since then? Don't give me he's a 4th round pick...or its his 3rd year BS...the guy does not read the D well and does not throw a good ball. Period. Blame Garret/Linnehan or Jerry all you want. Ultimately once the play is in, it is up to Dak to execute. He simply doesn't. Telling me to get off the couch and play means nothing chief. Learn to analyze the game...and sit down boi.
I would say welcome but I'm not. Do you know the difference between a 12 year QB and a 1 year QB? I'm assuming you don't. Do you remember when Tony was stinking up the field after TO left, that left us 8-8 for 3 seasons until Jerry stepped in and gave Tony the keys to changing the plays at his own leisure? I'm guessing you forgot that.

The fact is, and the facts are. Tony couldn't succeed in this offense, neither could the kid from NE whom succeeded there was a bust here. So was Weeden, and after Dak's first year, he also went under. No surprise that his line allows open hits on the QB at will, in which Romo would be murdered by now. I remember telling Romo, THROW THE BALL, THROW THE BALL, but no, sack. That's on the coaches scheme, and Dak's having the same issues as a young QB, where Romo wasn't even playing this time in his career.

So before you get all cool and direct with me, do your education then approach me. There is a COACHING PROBLEM. Once the coaching problems are solved, then I can evaluate Dak more/better. Until then, I know no one could succeed under this coaching regime.

chagus

Reaction score
What difference would white make?

Joe Montana with randy moss couldn’t make this offense work

This system is like a entering a dumptruck in a race with ferrarri’s and saying “execution is needed”
No difference at all. The season is done anyway. We all know it. I agree with the OP... give White a chance.

Reaction score
Just wondering, wouldn't it make sense to load 8 in box in practice and just keeping blitzing Dak so he can get used to it and learn how to deal with that?

Last edited:

Brax

Reaction score
Eli Manning won a super bowl with a bad defense, so your point is???
guess you didn't see the D play the last 7 or so games, they were mighty good in those SB years.

mcmvp

Reaction score
9 QBs couldn't make Garrett's playbook work .

Next man up ... Mike White .

There are plenty of QBs that could make it work a hell of a lot better than it works now. And I’m sure playbook would look different with other QBs behind center. The playbook is limited because the QB is limited.

This doesn’t mean I think highly of Garret/Linehan. They should be replaced too. But the blanket statement you laid out makes it sound as if no QB could be successful with them...I call BS on that

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is total garbage. White at least has some semblance of an arm. Season's pretty much a wash with no first round pick give the youngbloods a shot I'm done with the mediocre QB play at least it would be interesting to watch not the smut I've been watching this season with Dak under center.

And it would probably hurt the development of younger players to have to play with a hapless rookie QB. People like to say things can't get worse, but in most cases that's not true.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
guess you didn't see the D play the last 7 or so games, they were mighty good in those SB years.
It was ranked 27th, that's all I can tell you. Saints ranked 25th in 2010 when they won it. Patriots ranked 13th in 2015 when they won it all and the Colts were 21st in total defense when they won it in 2007. So I guess you can actually win the Super Bowl with an average to sub par defense, it's been proven.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
There are plenty of QBs that could make it work a hell of a lot better than it works now. And I’m sure playbook would look different with other QBs behind center. The playbook is limited because the QB is limited.

This doesn’t mean I think highly of Garret/Linehan. They should be replaced too. But the blanket statement you laid out makes it sound as if no QB could be successful with them...I call BS on that
You can't say both, I guess you can but it's stupid. If you don't like the Coach/Offensive coordinator, then that could be the reason Dak is struggling. Whether or not this offense is better with other QBs is shortsighted. The long term plan is Super Bowl and those coaches have proven that they are far from winning one, so bring in a new coaching staff, allow Dak to be under him for a year, and allow him to decide what to do at that position.

Status
Not open for further replies.