Dak is easily confused presnap

Cas2800

Reaction score
It's obvious to me that D-Coordinator's have figured out that Dak is easily confused with showing one set and jumping into something different before the ball is hiked. Dak needs to know where he is going with the ball pre-snap or it throws his game off. What I don't understand, is how can Aaron Rodgers still get the ball to Adams 10 times a game? How can Burrows get the ball to Chase 10 times a game? But Dak can't get the ball to Cooper or Cee Dee more than 3 times each?? How does Willson get more targets than Cooper and Lamb? Dak will only throw the ball where the pre-snap tells him to go. Rodgers and Burrow have confidence that their #1 receivers will win the battle where Dak will only throw the ball to a wide open receiver.

Teams are making Dak audible out of his first play and switching coverages at the last minute and Dak is confused.

Last edited:

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don’t think you know what you’re talking about. Confused no. Receivers covered no running game, no rhythm. Because Wilson is probably the best receiver we have right now in my opinion. He knows how to get open. Cooper is just a great Route runner. And CeeDee lamb is just great after he catches the ball. If he catches it

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
It's obvious to me that D-Coordinator's have figured out that Dak is easily confused with showing one set and jumping into something different before the ball is hiked. Dak needs to know where he is going with the ball pre-snap or it throws his game off. What I don't understand, is how can Aaron Rodgers still get the ball to Adams 10 times a game? How can Burrows get the ball to Chase 10 times a game? But Dak can't get the ball to Cooper or Cee Dee more than 3 times each?? How does Willson get more targets than Cooper and Lamb? Dak will only throw the ball where the pre-snap tells him to go. Rodgers and Burrow have confidence that their #1 receivers will win the battle where Dake will only throw the ball to a wide open receiver.
How is it that we're the second leading offense in the league? How is it that we are the #1 scoring team in the league? Obviously Dak's trash and Aaron Rodgers is god, so how are we better as an offense? Explain that because I need a little education.

Batman1980

Reaction score
How is it that we're the second leading offense in the league? How is it that we are the #1 scoring team in the league? Obviously Dak's trash and Aaron Rodgers is god, so how are we better as an offense? Explain that because I need a little education.

Reminds me of that 2007 defense. Amazing stats and a lot of Pro Bowlers but couldn't get it done against the Giants when it mattered in the play-offs. We have nice counting numbers on offense but I get the sinking feeling we will be a quick out in the play-offs if Dak and Zeke don't play better.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
One game. And he thinks he has the quarterback pegged

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Reminds me of that 2007 defense. Amazing stats and a lot of Pro Bowlers but couldn't get it done against the Giants when it mattered in the play-offs. We have nice counting numbers on offense but I get the sinking feeling we will be a quick out in the play-offs if Dak and Zeke don't play better.
Quarterback in your running game can’t play better. Unless you have an offense of line that can protect or Ron block without getting penalties

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Simple Answer,, we played the GIANTS, EAGLES and WFT twice.....:lmao2: Just joking. :)

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I don’t think you know what you’re talking about. Confused no. Receivers covered no running game, no rhythm. Because Wilson is probably the best receiver we have right now in my opinion. He knows how to get open. Cooper is just a great Route runner. And CeeDee lamb is just great after he catches the ball. If he catches it

Sounds to me like they tried to confuse him with disguising their coverages and it worked.

Cas2800

Reaction score
Dak going up to the line and checking out of alot of plays. Seems like Arizona showed 6 or 7 men on the line and then fall back into coverage. I wonder how many of those were win plays he checked out of.

tyke1doe

Reaction score

5-0 vs. NFC Least (56 against the Skins, 44 against the Giants, 41 against the Eagles)
1-0 vs. Atlanta (43 against the Falcons)
1-0 vs. Carolina (36 against the Panthers)

How are we better as an offense (statistically - I doubt anyone who seriously looks at Dallas and Green Bay would argue that Dallas has the better offense, despite what statistics may say)?

Level of competition.

Ken

Reaction score
It's obvious to me that D-Coordinator's have figured out that Dak is easily confused with showing one set and jumping into something different before the ball is hiked. Dak needs to know where he is going with the ball pre-snap or it throws his game off. What I don't understand, is how can Aaron Rodgers still get the ball to Adams 10 times a game? How can Burrows get the ball to Chase 10 times a game? But Dak can't get the ball to Cooper or Cee Dee more than 3 times each?? How does Willson get more targets than Cooper and Lamb? Dak will only throw the ball where the pre-snap tells him to go. Rodgers and Burrow have confidence that their #1 receivers will win the battle where Dak will only throw the ball to a wide open receiver.

Teams are making Dak audible out of his first play and switching coverages at the last minute and Dak is confused.

I see this is the new BS narrative about Dak. Holy cow, How did it take the league 6 years to figure out Dak can't read a defense??????

:facepalm:

Pabst

Reaction score
I will say that whenever Dak changes the play at the line of scrimmage, it's pretty much a huge tell that an inside draw is coming. They really need to throw in some play action audibles to keep defenses honest.

Cas2800

Reaction score
I see this is the new BS narrative about Dak. Holy cow, How did it take the league 6 years to figure out Dak can't read a defense??????

:facepalm:
What's your explanation as to why Dak has been off the last 8 games? Why can other teams still get the ball to their #1 receiver's but Dak can't? Let me guess you too think Wilson is the best receiver on the team? :lmao2: