Dak is easily confused presnap

Batman1980

Reaction score
Dak going up to the line and checking out of alot of plays. Seems like Arizona showed 6 or 7 men on the line and then fall back into coverage. I wonder how many of those were win plays he checked out of.

9 carries for 16 yards means I bench Zeke this week and let Pollard and Clements carry the mail.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
It's obvious to me that D-Coordinator's have figured out that Dak is easily confused with showing one set and jumping into something different before the ball is hiked. Dak needs to know where he is going with the ball pre-snap or it throws his game off. What I don't understand, is how can Aaron Rodgers still get the ball to Adams 10 times a game? How can Burrows get the ball to Chase 10 times a game? But Dak can't get the ball to Cooper or Cee Dee more than 3 times each?? How does Willson get more targets than Cooper and Lamb? Dak will only throw the ball where the pre-snap tells him to go. Rodgers and Burrow have confidence that their #1 receivers will win the battle where Dake will only throw the ball to a wide open receiver.

Teams are making Dak audible out of his first play and switching coverages at the last minute and Dak is confused.
Arm talent and the ability to throw to a spot or throw receivers open. You can't overstate the confidence and results of a QB who can make all the throws, under duress, with precision. Throwing into rush lanes and having the ball batted 5 times is sign of panic throwing. It seems like Dak has no ability to process what he sees after the snap at times. Not sure why we would be surprised at this. This has been evident since 2016. Most QBs in the NFL can have a good outing behind 2 or 4 pro bowl OL with good RBs and great outside receivers like Dak has been privileged to play with most of his career.

Joe Burrows is on his way to being sacked 50 times this year. Guess some QBs can overcome protection issues.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It's obvious to me that D-Coordinator's have figured out that Dak is easily confused with showing one set and jumping into something different before the ball is hiked. Dak needs to know where he is going with the ball pre-snap or it throws his game off. What I don't understand, is how can Aaron Rodgers still get the ball to Adams 10 times a game? How can Burrows get the ball to Chase 10 times a game? But Dak can't get the ball to Cooper or Cee Dee more than 3 times each?? How does Willson get more targets than Cooper and Lamb? Dak will only throw the ball where the pre-snap tells him to go. Rodgers and Burrow have confidence that their #1 receivers will win the battle where Dak will only throw the ball to a wide open receiver.

Teams are making Dak audible out of his first play and switching coverages at the last minute and Dak is confused.
Rodgers is Elite QB. he is a future HOFer....that's why he is a future HOFer, because he is so good.

I have been quite impressed with Burrows this year, but I am not ready to throw too many accolades his way. another couple of years, more tape and lets see if DCs can figure him out. if he continues at this pace, then he is getting close to elite category.

you are complaining that Dak is not elite....everyone knew that.....there are only 3 at most 4 Elite QBs right now in the NFL. because they have done it year in, year out and proven themselves over several seasons.

Ken

Reaction score
What's your explanation as to why Dak has been off the last 8 games? Why can other teams still get the ball to their #1 receiver's but Dak can't? Let me guess you too think Wilson is the best receiver on the team? :lmao2:
Well...Dak hasn't been near his best for most of this stretch, so there is that.

However...our highest paid RB in the league has averaged 2.8 ypc and that is with empty boxes, not stacked like the imbeciles are spouting. They are daring us to run while dropping coverage. Clogging passing lanes and making us play short and then our issues are magnified by an unimaginative, inexperienced OC who has been figured out.

To top that off...most teams would combat this by running the ball or dumping it off to their back to chew up chunk of yards. Our RB can't do either.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
They confused Dak but Dak moved the ball on that defense moderately well. Scored 3 TDs on "said" defense, and it took a hurricane of mistakes for Arizona to win that game. It took our kicker missing an easy field goal...it took our STs botching a fake punt...it took countless penalties stalling drives and helping Arizona's offense, it took a meaningless time out on the defense, it took a Dak fumble, and the list goes on.

Ken

Reaction score
Arm talent and the ability to throw to a spot or throw receivers open. You can't overstate the confidence and results of a QB who can make all the throws, under duress, with precision. Throwing into rush lanes and having the ball batted 5 times is sign of panic throwing. It seems like Dak has no ability to process what he sees after the snap at times. Not sure why we would be surprised at this. This has been evident since 2016. Most QBs in the NFL can have a good outing behind 2 or 4 pro bowl OL with good RBs and great outside receivers like Dak has been privileged to play with most of his career.

Joe Burrows is on his way to being sacked 50 times this year. Guess some QBs can overcome protection issues.
Dak has gotten the ball to Cooper, up until this weird stretch of games, with no issues.

Cooper was better and more productive with Dak than Carr.

Something happened with Cooper. I believe it was his covid + and Jerry throwing him under the bus for it for being unvaxxed? I have seen a noticeable "raider" type loafing since then. It also may be that coupled with not getting balls his way but I see a noticable not on the same page and a nonchalant attitude from Coop.

irishline

Reaction score
We also beat five teams that are already in the playoffs this season , Not joking

Right now we have beat two teams that have currently qualified for the playoffs, and one of them is the Eagles. We also beat the Patriots. By the way of the 9 Eagles victories this year, 8 were against teams with losing records, the other was against the 8-8 Saints.

Of teams in the hunt we have beat, but have not yet qualified for the playoffs there are two we beat. The Saints and the Chargers. One of them do not control their own destiny at this point.

Not sure where you are getting we beat 5 already in the playoffs. We have PLAYED 5 but are 2-3 in those games. Now, if you extended that to include anyone in the hunt we are 4-4.

Or were you joking?

Last edited:

Zman5

Reaction score
Dallas has had issues with this kind of defense since 2007 with Romo and JG. Romo use to have hard time against Eagles defense under Jim Johnson. Same with Jim Haslet's defense when he was the DC of Deadksins/WFT.

I'm not surprised we are still having issues since JG has had influence on development of both Romo and Dak. MM needs to get more involved with the offense and with helping Dak. KM doesn't seem to know how.

Last edited:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
We also beat five teams that are already in the playoffs this season , Not joking
But that wasn't the question. Clove asked how are we a better offense than the Packers. The answer is because we feasted on three teams in our own division, scoring more than 40 points on each of them, points which add up to yards. We also beat up on the Falcons, who we ran out of AT&T Stadium.

Second, name the five playoff teams this season we've already beaten?:huh:
I count two: the Patriots and the Eagles, and we still have our last game with the Eagles.
Who am I missing? :huh:

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Dak has gotten the ball to Cooper, up until this weird stretch of games, with no issues.

Cooper was better and more productive with Dak than Carr.

Something happened with Cooper. I believe it was his covid + and Jerry throwing him under the bus for it for being unvaxxed? I have seen a noticeable "raider" type loafing since then. It also may be that coupled with not getting balls his way but I see a noticable not on the same page and a nonchalant attitude from Coop.
The passing game is too inconsistent. Things are great when the running game is clicking and the OL can dominate the LOS, but once it gets to be a contest, the offense gets bogged down. There are some QBs who can function at a high level during chaos along the LOS. Dak is not one of them.

Every team is dealing with covid and injuries. That excuse is laughable.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
I don’t think you know what you’re talking about. Confused no. Receivers covered no running game, no rhythm. Because Wilson is probably the best receiver we have right now in my opinion. He knows how to get open. Cooper is just a great Route runner. And CeeDee lamb is just great after he catches the ball. If he catches it
All those mighty wrs for NEs SB runs is what we need. Maybe Julio, AJ, TO, Andre J, Calvin J. Go 5 deep with that talent and it all cures itself. I'm sure of it

Ken

Reaction score
The passing game is too inconsistent. Things are great when the running game is clicking and the OL can dominate the LOS, but once it gets to be a contest, the offense gets bogged down. There are some QBs who can function at a high level during chaos along the LOS. Dak is not one of them.

Every team is dealing with covid and injuries. That excuse is laughable.
I didn't mention anything about covid or injuries being a deterrent...I was talking about it specifically for Cooper as he was thrown under the bus for not being vaxxed by the owner. Then slow played to come back.

But keep on with those horse blinders.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
It's obvious to me that D-Coordinator's have figured out that Dak is easily confused with showing one set and jumping into something different before the ball is hiked. Dak needs to know where he is going with the ball pre-snap or it throws his game off. What I don't understand, is how can Aaron Rodgers still get the ball to Adams 10 times a game? How can Burrows get the ball to Chase 10 times a game? But Dak can't get the ball to Cooper or Cee Dee more than 3 times each?? How does Willson get more targets than Cooper and Lamb? Dak will only throw the ball where the pre-snap tells him to go. Rodgers and Burrow have confidence that their #1 receivers will win the battle where Dak will only throw the ball to a wide open receiver.

Good lord. Talk about dog whistles.

Nav22

Reaction score

What record do the Bengals have again?

Dallas is 11-5, with the #1 scoring offense in the NFL.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
These kinds of posts are so ignorant, knee jerk reactions. Dak had a historic, NFL rookie year. Have any of you guys jumping on this stupid idea even considered that confusing the QB is what all DCs do, especially against rookie QBs? Yet almost 5 years later with all his experience in the NFL since his fabulous rookie campaign, now DC’s are just figuring out that maybe they can confuse our veteran QB.

sometimes I really hate this site.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Just out of curiosity, what qualifications do you have to support your argument? The OC call the initial play, if Dak has to audible out of is so often, that's on the OC and the scouting staff.....but, it sounds like you know your stuff.

unsportsmanlikeconduct

Reaction score
I don’t think you know what you’re talking about. Confused no. Receivers covered no running game, no rhythm. Because Wilson is probably the best receiver we have right now in my opinion. He knows how to get open. Cooper is just a great Route runner. And CeeDee lamb is just great after he catches the ball. If he catches it
You say receivers are covered, let's see the proof.