Dak is easily confused presnap

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
There was a lot of communication going on with the Cowboys offense pre snap. That's lets me know that they were confused quite often. The Cards were stacking the box long ways. And no QB can really tell whose coming and who's not in that situation. They also played a lot of two deep. And when a team plays two deep is hard to tell if they're playing man or zone. So when you mix those two things together, then you throw in a couple of delayed blitzes, it really keeps an offense off balance.

With the Cards stacking the box you would think, Dallas should take advantage of those one on one situations. But if you don't run a team out of the two deep look then you're not going to get a lot of those one on ones. So that's why Dak ends up throwing a lot of passes to the TE's and slot WR.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
5-0 vs. NFC Least (56 against the Skins, 44 against the Giants, 41 against the Eagles)
1-0 vs. Atlanta (43 against the Falcons)
1-0 vs. Carolina (36 against the Panthers)

How are we better as an offense (statistically - I doubt anyone who seriously looks at Dallas and Green Bay would argue that Dallas has the better offense, despite what statistics may say)?

Level of competition.
Class dismissed.

cmoney23

Reaction score
It's obvious to me that D-Coordinator's have figured out that Dak is easily confused with showing one set and jumping into something different before the ball is hiked. Dak needs to know where he is going with the ball pre-snap or it throws his game off. What I don't understand, is how can Aaron Rodgers still get the ball to Adams 10 times a game? How can Burrows get the ball to Chase 10 times a game? But Dak can't get the ball to Cooper or Cee Dee more than 3 times each?? How does Willson get more targets than Cooper and Lamb? Dak will only throw the ball where the pre-snap tells him to go. Rodgers and Burrow have confidence that their #1 receivers will win the battle where Dak will only throw the ball to a wide open receiver.

Teams are making Dak audible out of his first play and switching coverages at the last minute and Dak is confused.

This is completely wrong.

Great post though.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Simple Answer,, we played the GIANTS, EAGLES and WFT twice.....:lmao2: Just joking. :)

No.. you have a point , he has more confidence and knows the trends of those team and so not getting flustered. But other teams he get easily flustered , feeling pressure where isn’t or having no confidence in his OL or WRs … and so on.

This shows his game prep is not where it needs to be or he is not fast enough to adapt and play his game . Whenever such situation happens his mechanics get thrown out of window and that creates mor erratic throws.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
But that wasn't the question. Clove asked how are we a better offense than the Packers. The answer is because we feasted on three teams in our own division, scoring more than 40 points on each of them, points which add up to yards. We also beat up on the Falcons, who we ran out of AT&T Stadium.

Second, name the five playoff teams this season we've already beaten?:huh:
I count two: the Patriots and the Eagles, and we still have our last game with the Eagles.
Who am I missing? :huh:
Chargers , may be !

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How is it that we're the second leading offense in the league? How is it that we are the #1 scoring team in the league? Obviously Dak's trash and Aaron Rodgers is god, so how are we better as an offense? Explain that because I need a little education.

We play in the NFC East.......... and have more offensive talent around our QB than any other team in the league. Dak likes to get the team into deep holes so he can load up his stat column against prevent defenses.

Swagger

Reaction score
Arm talent and the ability to throw to a spot or throw receivers open. You can't overstate the confidence and results of a QB who can make all the throws, under duress, with precision. Throwing into rush lanes and having the ball batted 5 times is sign of panic throwing. It seems like Dak has no ability to process what he sees after the snap at times. Not sure why we would be surprised at this. This has been evident since 2016. Most QBs in the NFL can have a good outing behind 2 or 4 pro bowl OL with good RBs and great outside receivers like Dak has been privileged to play with most of his career.

Joe Burrows is on his way to being sacked 50 times this year. Guess some QBs can overcome protection issues.
The replay of the defender and Dak staring at each other with the defender just waiting for Dak to just throw the ball his way before timing his jump to worst case bat it away or best case intercept/pick six. Why not tuck it under and run or throw off a different platform. Anything apart from just stare the guy down until throwing it directly towards him. I admit I laughed out loud! I mean *** :laugh:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Chargers , may be !
He said already made the playoffs. The Chargers haven't made the playoffs.
Second, you really can't use the Chargers as an example here.
The original issue was that the Cowboys have a better offense than the Packers.
Obviously, the person who asked that question was looking at stats, i.e., which offense produced the most yards.
The Cowboys outgained the Chargers by a whopping 11 yards (419 to 408), but Herbert threw for more yards (338 to 237), and Dak didn't throw for a touchdown in that game. But the Cowboys rushed for more yards than
I guess my point is if we're using yardage to evaluate which offense is better. And while that is a fair measurement, some times you have to look beyond the numbers to see what they're actually saying.
Be that as it may, the Chargers, as of this writing, are not a playoff team.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
It's obvious to me that D-Coordinator's have figured out that Dak is easily confused with showing one set and jumping into something different before the ball is hiked. Dak needs to know where he is going with the ball pre-snap or it throws his game off. What I don't understand, is how can Aaron Rodgers still get the ball to Adams 10 times a game? How can Burrows get the ball to Chase 10 times a game? But Dak can't get the ball to Cooper or Cee Dee more than 3 times each?? How does Willson get more targets than Cooper and Lamb? Dak will only throw the ball where the pre-snap tells him to go. Rodgers and Burrow have confidence that their #1 receivers will win the battle where Dak will only throw the ball to a wide open receiver.

Teams are making Dak audible out of his first play and switching coverages at the last minute and Dak is confused.
And people want to blame Kellen.....yet I'm gonna tell you all...it won't matter. Kellen will overcome it all. Mark my words...that's what Kellen Moore does.....he just finds a way to win....when it matters most.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Kelmo is a big problem, imo. Opposing DCs are tearing him a new a$$hole every Sunday. His gameplan worked for 7 games but we all know the NFL always catches up. Dak struggling just adds to the very obvious ineptitude of the offense.

buddieluver

Reaction score
Kelmo is a big problem, imo. Opposing DCs are tearing him a new a$$hole every Sunday. His gameplan worked for 7 games but we all know the NFL always catches up. Dak struggling just adds to the very obvious ineptitude of the offense.

You made me spit out my coffee with that line about how Moore is being treated lmao.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Think this is partly true. They do a good job crowding the line then dropping back into coverage. So when they do this Dak makes the right call Technically at the time.

The solution is the same. Same things we did in the 4th quarter that got us moving the ball. Pre snap motion, sets the defense and doesn't allow Dak to change the play as much. And then fake handoffs to Zeke, keeps the lb from dropping back into coverage as much. We just need to do this earlier.

Moore needs to use the younger fresher receivers down the field a bit more. They ain't run blocking anyway and defenses aren't looking for them to actually go for passes much. Scheme them open and let them earn something, they are ready. Talking Wilson and that kid who caught 2 TD's vs Denver.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Kelmo. I like that. :thumbup:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

It seems to be a clown show pre snap with all the yelling and pointing and players shifting around.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak going up to the line and checking out of alot of plays. Seems like Arizona showed 6 or 7 men on the line and then fall back into coverage. I wonder how many of those were win plays he checked out of.
What AZ did would have confused any QB.

The difference is our Oline is not doing their job, thus destroying our ability to run, thus affecting our Offense from making opposing Defenses to guess what we are going to do next. Right now, opposing Defenses are pinning their ears back by stopping our run and switching D looks at the last second to confuse BOTH our QB and WRs.

Get this Oline fixed, which will get our rushing attack fixed, and you will see our passing attack start lighting things up no matter what opposing Defenses do with their last second switching formations.

Understand that and you will have your answer.

star-ving

Reaction score
How is it that we're the second leading offense in the league? How is it that we are the #1 scoring team in the league? Obviously Dak's trash and Aaron Rodgers is god, so how are we better as an offense? Explain that because I need a little education.
Not much education needed...simple math really. Inflated stats and wins against garbage teams. Yep..he's Elite vs below 500 clubs.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
What AZ did would have confused any QB.

The difference is our Oline is not doing their job, thus destroying our ability to run, thus affecting our Offense from making opposing Defenses to guess what we are going to do next. Right now, opposing Defenses are pinning their ears back by stopping our run and switching D looks at the last second to confuse BOTH our QB and WRs.

Get this Oline fixed, which will get our rushing attack fixed, and you will see our passing attack start lighting things up no matter what opposing Defenses do with their last second switching formations.

Understand that and you will have your answer.
I’m sure we have better weapons and a better OL than the Lions yet the Cardinals couldn’t stop them. The excuses just never stop. Next year it will be something else.