Twitter: Dak is entering some scary elite territory on stat sheet

superonyx

Reaction score
Yes, but all the top QBs have throws like that but their WR find ways to hold onto the ball.

I think its sad that Cowboys fans hold their QB to standards that no other QB has to live up to.
Be careful thinking the trolls around here represent all Cowboys fans. We have a group of Anti Dak and anti Zeke trolls who repeat themselves so often it makes you think they represent a more fans than they do.

superonyx

Reaction score
I'm with the eye test too....QBR didn't produce anything but hot Ls.
You thought QBR has any relation to wins or losses?
Welcome to professional football where offense, defense and special teams are required to win or lose.

It’s kind of weird how some fans still think pointing to wins and losses are the way to judge 1 player on the field. Is Zak Ertz less of a TE because the eagles are 3-4? Is Khali Mack less of a player because of the Bears record?

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
There’s room for argument to how good overall Dak is.

But anybody who thinks Dak isn’t a good QB or that Dak is the problem with the team....... I just don’t know what they’re looking at.
I agree with you but it would be hard to take your statement without a grain of salt based on your name and avi, lol

Proof

Reaction score
Dak is clearly a top-10 QB. Al Michaels and Collinsworth said the same thing tonight.

Does Dak still lead the league in QBR?

man I still don’t know how the hell QBR works lol. Isn’t Russ completing 72.5 and still hasn’t thrown a pick?

Xeven

Reaction score
There’s room for argument to how good overall Dak is.

But anybody who thinks Dak isn’t a good QB or that Dak is the problem with the team....... I just don’t know what they’re looking at.
Dak is good can be elite, Romo was elite, Garret sucks. Simple as that. Lots of talented players wasted their career on Garret failed “process”.

Garret misunderstood Nick Sabin. He did not mean keep reiterating the same failed process over and over till you get it right.

BigD_95

Reaction score
Do they count that pass to Gallop as a drop? Cause that was clearly a bad pass on Dak. With that said - Dak has been really good

Vandyr

Reaction score
Dak had some hard thrown bullet passes on target tonight. Not too many were off target, and the ones that were not by much.
The poor decision on the pick in the end zone. But he by far out played Wentz.

Yes, he looked sharp last night

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak is clearly a top-10 QB. Al Michaels and Collinsworth said the same thing tonight.

Does Dak still lead the league in QBR?
Not disagreeing that he's top 10, but Al and Cris say a lot of things when they call a game that they probably wish they could take back the next week. :grin:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I have like what I have seen from Dak overall. People have pointed to his higher ints I go back and look at each int and frankly the majority of ints are not his fault. No doubt he has had some that were including the throw lastnight into double coverage to Austin. But by and large I like that he is making his reads and getting the ball out. His 8.9 per pass completion which is 3rd highest in the NFL shows he is not dinking and dunking.

Cmac

Reaction score
You thought QBR has any relation to wins or losses?
Welcome to professional football where offense, defense and special teams are required to win or lose.

It’s kind of weird how some fans still think pointing to wins and losses are the way to judge 1 player on the field. Is Zak Ertz less of a TE because the eagles are 3-4? Is Khali Mack less of a player because of the Bears record?
No I don't thing QBR has any relation to wins or losses......see Case Keenum.....High QBR.....Loss.....and my eye test says he stinks.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

If the Green Bay and Jets games hadn’t happened and his receivers had just done their job, he’d be talked about in Mahomes stature for his first half of the season.

He’s been simply phenomenal and that’s with getting the least help of any QB this year with all the drops (Gallup is killing the offense at times)

parcells--i get it about Gallup...but actually the dude is a stud and will be real good....i think he is battling a mental block of some kind and its killing him

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No I don't thing QBR has any relation to wins or losses......see Case Keenum.....High QBR.....Loss.....and my eye test says he stinks.
plus many of those throws were behind him and Dak was throwing a fast football....i really think the connection will improve as season goes on

blueblood70

Reaction score

If the Green Bay and Jets games hadn’t happened and his receivers had just done their job, he’d be talked about in Mahomes stature for his first half of the season.

He’s been simply phenomenal and that’s with getting the least help of any QB this year with all the drops (Gallup is killing the offense at times)

I like Dak , hes not eilte and never will be ..going from Good to better then good to maybe Great is his ceiling..like I said I like him but hes not and never will be elite regardless of stats.

Like whatas been discussed already o the drops, his pooor touch on the poor throws that are behind WRs is causing drops, cant just put tat on the WRs, those are in a catch zone but would take miraculous momentum stopping, change of direction and limited range of arm radius to get them..

its wash some are dropped by poor catch some are bad throws etc etc im not buying this stat..sorry.we see a lot of the drops high, behind, low, short etc not saying all his throws are that way but the pones we are discussing most are poor throws..

Batman1980

Reaction score
Agreed.

He isn’t in the elite 4-5.

But all the evidence points to top 10.

It isn’t easy to find a top 10 QB. Not easy at all.

With their compensatory pick in the 2016 NFL draft, the Dallas Cowboys select Rayne Dakota Prescott, quarterback, Mississippi State.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

QBR is just a measure of performance. It doesn't quantify the "IT factor" which is often the difference between winning and losing........QBs are judged by super bowls not QBR.

HungryLion

Reaction score
With their compensatory pick in the 2016 NFL draft, the Dallas Cowboys select Rayne Dakota Prescott, quarterback, Mississippi State.

What’s your point? How often does a top 10 QB get taken that late in the draft? Once every 10 years or so?

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score

eh this drop conversation of late is highly speculative. Even last night Gallup "dropped" one and it was clearly thrown behind him. Just because a receiver can catch something or even get his hands on it doesnt always mean it is his fault he dropped it. Same with the supposed "Cooper drop" early in the Jet game. Im not bashing Dak, he cant throw every pass perfectly, but numbers can lie and this is something being brought up a lot on this board and people are treating the supposed numbers as pure and undeniable