Twitter: Dak is entering some scary elite territory on stat sheet

Batman1980

Reaction score
What’s your point? How often does a top 10 QB get taken that late in the draft? Once every 10 years or so?

Yeah it's pretty miraculous to get a franchise QB after the 1st round, somehow the Cowboys did it with Romo and now Dak. Pretty spectacular.

blueblood70

Reaction score
QBR is just a measure of performance. It doesn't quantify the "IT factor" which is often the difference between winning and losing........QBs are judged by super bowls not QBR.
not the great ones IE Dan Marino etc took Elway to his last two seasons to get his and really was great defense and RB that did it..but if he had not one a SB still would have been labeled elite and great..

the other side of that QBs on the old bears teams, Ravens, and others were not even close to great..TEAMs win SBs..lots of talent in the hOF without rings but some with rings that weren't truly HOFs..

so thats not really a barometer..you have to use stats along with win-L record maybe not QBR but TD-int ratio , come backs etc etc..

Nav22

Reaction score
eh this drop conversation of late is highly speculative. Even last night Gallup "dropped" one and it was clearly thrown behind him. Just because a receiver can catch something or even get his hands on it doesnt always mean it is his fault he dropped it. Same with the supposed "Cooper drop" early in the Jet game. Im not bashing Dak, he cant throw every pass perfectly, but numbers can lie and this is something being brought up a lot on this board and people are treating the supposed numbers as pure and undeniable
Except you have no idea if they even scored that a “drop” on Gallup last night.

I’m guessing they didn’t since that would’ve been an incredible catch. That one’s on Dak.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
!) Brady
2) Rodgers
3) Wilson
4) Mahomes
5) Watson
6) Dak

You can put Brees up there. Not sure about Big Ben anymore. So I'd have Dak somewhere between 6 and 8.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
not the great ones IE Dan Marino etc took Elway to his last two seasons to get his and really was great defense and RB that did it..but if he had not one a SB still would have been labeled elite and great..

the other side of that QBs on the old bears teams, Ravens, and others were not even close to great..TEAMs win SBs..lots of talent in the hOF without rings but some with rings that weren't truly HOFs..

so thats not really a barometer..you have to use stats along with win-L record maybe not QBR but TD-int ratio , come backs etc etc..

The ONLY reason Dan Marino isn't on any top 5 QB lists is his lack of rings. He probably is the most talented QB in terms of throwing the ball that ever played. Marino was better than Montana, but they are separated by those 4 rings. Elway too was not getting his due credit prior to winning those super bowls. Those 2 super bowls were huge on his all-time great credentials list. Its not even debatable.

I never said you have to have a HOF QB to win a super bowl.

Cmac

Reaction score
QBR is just a measure of performance. It doesn't quantify the "IT factor" which is often the difference between winning and losing........QBs are judged by super bowls not QBR.
I agree to some extent.....Case Keenum had a 91.3 QBR rating yesterday and didn't yield 1 point for his team. . As for the "IT factor".......lots to look at....accuracy, reading defense, causes defenses to game plan, pocket awareness, etc, that will measure Team Performance. If we're gonna have a QBR, why not a RBR too?....for Zeke and other RBs helping their teams too.

We can see Mahomes is better than Dak right now....and neither one has a SB yet. .....doesn't make Dak bad.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The ONLY reason Dan Marino isn't on any top 5 QB lists is his lack of rings. He probably is the most talented QB in terms of throwing the ball that ever played. Marino was better than Montana, but they are separated by those 4 rings. Elway too was not getting his due credit prior to winning those super bowls. Those 2 super bowls were huge on his all-time great credentials list. Its not even debatable.

I never said you have to have a HOF QB to win a super bowl.
regardless of your opions it is very debatable, its been debated for long time and DM is a hOF QB regarded as one of the best EVER..no debate unless its his vs ones with SB rings but its close..Elway was already a first ballot HOF without the rings.. we know this so yes its debatable.. sure those 2 made him rise in rankings but who cares there no levels in the HOF, its gold jackets for ALL..

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree to some extent.....Case Keenum had a 91.3 QBR rating yesterday and didn't yield 1 point for his team. . As for the "IT factor".......lots to look at....accuracy, reading defense, causes defenses to game plan, pocket awareness, etc, that will measure Team Performance. If we're gonna have a QBR, why not a RBR too?....for Zeke and other RBs helping their teams too.

We can see Mahomes is better than Dak right now....and neither one has a SB yet. .....doesn't make Dak bad.

By IT factor, i mean the will to win. There are some guys who could play like dirt for 58 minutes but something clicks on in those final 2 minutes when there is a chance to win. Montana was the master of such feats. Other guys put up big numbers but melt under pressure.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Ah yes, such interesting facts about Dak this year and here's another interesting fact...

This team still hasn't beaten anybody with a winning record.

W Gnats 2-5
W Skins 1-6
W Fins 0-6
W Shegals 3-4

Uh oh, I think I just heard a toilet flush....wah, wah, waaaaah......:(:p

Go Cowboys!
:grin:
And you want those loses pinned solely on Dak in the worst way possible to support your narrative.

superonyx

Reaction score
No I don't thing QBR has any relation to wins or losses......see Case Keenum.....High QBR.....Loss.....and my eye test says he stinks.
Anyone who's eye test says Dak stinks needs to realize they don't know football. Nothing else can be true. Its not even something that is debatable.

Some can debate just how good Dak is. Some can debate where he belongs in the ranks of the elite. But no one, and I mean no one who knows football at all would say Dak stinks.

These are the facts.

superonyx

Reaction score
QB are judged by much more than SB's.

Nick Foles has a superbowl. Eli Manning has a few. Trent Dilfer and Joe Flacco have superbowls.

None of these guys have ever been considered elite at this level.

Superbowls is just an oversimplification that some fans will use to attempt to discredit someone they don't like.

Cmac

Reaction score
By IT factor, i mean the will to win. There are some guys who could play like dirt for 58 minutes but something clicks on in those final 2 minutes when there is a chance to win. Montana was the master of such feats.
....then that ain't Dak yet....he doesn't have the IT factor yet, too me.... Zeke has to run, Amari has to catch, and people have to be healthy all over the place....for things to go right Jets last week shouldn't have happened.

Cmac

Reaction score
Anyone who's eye test says Dak stinks needs to realize they don't know football. Nothing else can be true. Its not even something that is debatable.

Some can debate just how good Dak is. Some can debate where he belongs in the ranks of the elite. But no one, and I mean no one who knows football at all would say Dak stinks.

These are the facts.

Get the understanding.....Case Keenum stinks from yesterday's game with a 91.3 QBR. Very jumpy there, my fault....I ain't trying to upset the Fan Club.......again see Case Keenum QBR yesterday.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
....then that ain't Dak yet....he doesn't have the IT factor yet, too me.... Zeke has to run, Amari has to catch, and people have to be healthy all over the place....for things to go right Jets last week shouldn't have happened.

I think Dak does have the will to win. But, you need talent to match if you want to be an all-timer.. A good case study is Jeff George. He had one of the best arms the league has ever seen. But, he crumbled under pressure and didn't have that IT factor when the game was winnable. Montana was the opposite. He got better when the stakes got higher.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Some fans don't give Dak enough credit. Dak is a good to great quarterback at moments. Moving into the elite territory.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Some fans don't give Dak enough credit. Dak is a good to great quarterback at moments. Moving into the elite territory.

I think he is very good. I'll consider Dak elite when I see him play well and carry the team when everything else on offense is falling apart -- ie missing offensive tackles, Zeke out, missing WRs, etc. The few times we've seen him in those situations, Dak hasn't been the same guy. BTW, that's OK -- a "very good" QB is plenty good enough to lead a team to a Superbowl.

Brady / Brees / Rodgers are the gold standard of 'elite' to me in that those guys can win with substandard talent around them.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

If the Green Bay and Jets games hadn’t happened and his receivers had just done their job, he’d be talked about in Mahomes stature for his first half of the season.

He’s been simply phenomenal and that’s with getting the least help of any QB this year with all the drops (Gallup is killing the offense at times)

It is weird how after coming back from injury that Gallup can't catch. It was a knee injury which shouldn't affect his hands...

Cmac

Reaction score
I think Dak does have the will to win. But, you need talent to match if you want to be an all-timer.. A good case study is Jeff George. He had one of the best arms the league has ever seen. But, he crumbled under pressure and didn't have that IT factor when the game was winnable. Montana was the opposite. He got better when the stakes got higher.
Jeff George???.....that would be an extreme, to say the least. Josh Rosen has the will to win. How about the IT factor showing us results....like a Montana did.....Dak is the chicken before the egg/egg before the chicken right now. I don't see it yet. We'll see. Is their a "signature" win that you hang you hat on for Dak, right now? Just curious.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The true measurement IMO of Elite QB’s is elevating lesser talent around them or becoming prolific with outstanding supporting cast leading league in passing at MVP level .

Team results aren’t necessarily needed for Elite status.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jeff George???.....that would be an extreme, to say the least. Josh Rosen has the will to win. How about the IT factor showing us results....like a Montana did.....Dak is the chicken before the egg/egg before the chicken right now. I don't see it yet. We'll see. Is their a "signature" win that you hang you hat on for Dak, right now? Just curious.

Jeff George was a freak. Just saying. Great example of a guy with great talent but a poor temperment for the game.

Dak needs a signature win. He came close in the GB divisional round game leading the team back from a 21-0 hole. I thought he turned a corner with Amari on board but then came the LA Rams stinker in the playoff where his play gave us no chance to win.