Dak is fake

Doomsday101

Reaction score
With all due respect retired NFL players and sports commentators are saying the same thing: with the big contract comes higher expectations......and even former Cowboys HC Jimmy Johnson said while he likes Dak, Dak can't carry the team without great players around him.......so it's every NFL QB with the added pressure when they sign a huge new contract so it's not selective criticism of just Dak.

I do agree with the big contract comes bigger expectation. We saw those higher expectation from Wentz when he got his pay and in the case of Wentz he failed and the fallout afterwards

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
With all due respect retired NFL players and sports commentators are saying the same thing: with the big contract comes higher expectations......and even former Cowboys HC Jimmy Johnson said while he likes Dak, Dak can't carry the team without great players around him.......so it's every NFL QB with the added pressure when they sign a huge new contract so it's not selective criticism of just Dak.

I actually agree this raises the stakes with a big red bullseye on his back and rightfully so.

kskboys

Reaction score
At the end of the day, it’s a game. On top of that it’s NOT your money being spent.

You can choose to cheer for another team at any moment or just not watch.

BuT iM lOyAl ... so cheer for your team and QB
You've got this one quite wrong. No one is bewailing how much he got on a personal level, it's strictly about the salary cap. So, since the issue is about fitting a super bowl team under the salary cap, it is definitely our money.

kskboys

Reaction score
He’s actually genuine and that’s what makes him good. That’s why the other 52 players follow him and players around the league have so much respect for him.

Jaylon is fake.
It's the opposite, Aven. Jaylon is a great guy who is hampered by a gruesome leg injury. He prolly won't ever recover fully. However, I'm not seeing how that makes him fake.

Dak held out for a massive team strapping contract. No matter what he says, his actions scream that he only cares about himself and that his words are fake.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dak is no different than any other player in the NFL, Yes he is looking to make money as any other player, he chance came in FA and he did what any other player does. Fake? no intelligent enough to know this is his one shot to cash in for his career.
No, he did what only a very few players do.

kskboys

Reaction score
lol right. That is laughable considering how the QB market even before Dak got his was going sky high.
Hold out for 3 years and demand extreme pay? Only a very few. Have no idea why you would say that's laughable.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hold out for 3 years and demand extreme pay? Only a very few. Have no idea why you would say that's laughable.

He held out? how so? he played the last 3 years, he played on the final year of his rookie deal, he signed the franchise tag never once complaining about it as so many others do when they are hit with the franchise tag. Dak has gone about his business and letting his agent do his job. Personally I hate the business side of the NFL, I think all players are overpaid as I think entertainers are vastly overpaid. As a FA Dak like any player is looking for that 1 big payday and yet while on a 4th rd pick contract never once whined about it.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
It's still Drama Zone to me, and we're going to get plenty of it from people who convinced themselves that Jerry thinks like them. :rolleyes:

Dak was never going anywhere. If you're mad he's still in Dallas your target should be Jerry, but I guess it's easier to hate the player.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
It's still Drama Zone to me, and we're going to get plenty of it from people who convinced themselves that Jerry thinks like them. :rolleyes:

Dak was never going anywhere. If you're mad he's still in Dallas your target should be Jerry, but I guess it's easier to hate the player.
Wow!

I just figured out what, "hate the game, don't hate the player" means from your post.

Nav22

Reaction score
Be careful. Karma is a boomerang. Doesn’t matter who is laughing now. Matters who is laughing come Sept-Feb. if Dak doesn’t play well, there is going to be a lot of crying on one side and laughing on the other.
Oh really?

The Dak haters would be laughing about their favorite team’s failures?

And that WON’T make them complete and utter losers?
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Oh really?

The Dak haters would be laughing about their favorite team’s failures?

And that WON’T make them complete and utter losers?
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Are you new to this site? :) Have you seen this place after a loss? Have you never seen the game day thread? The Jerry-haters laugh at Jerry for kicks and grins. Going to be the same with Dak.

Qcard

Reaction score
Thanks but you know nothing of veteran sacrifice so do not post some BS article trying to further inflate your Dak swallowing love and attribute it to veterans.

PS
The Salvation Army is a religious based organization and not a military one in spite of military members being a part of the organization.
Yes...I know nothing of Military service:dance:

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
It's the opposite, Aven. Jaylon is a great guy who is hampered by a gruesome leg injury. He prolly won't ever recover fully. However, I'm not seeing how that makes him fake.

Dak held out for a massive team strapping contract. No matter what he says, his actions scream that he only cares about himself and that his words are fake.
Is this say things the Opposite Day?

ItzKelz

Reaction score
The point was it didn't appear to be such a priority to Dak until after his big pay day. In 5 seasons he never once said how important it was to win a super bowl or expressed his commitment to being a lifelong Cowboy.

To say it now, after the big pay day, only shows what his real motivation is.

I think Dak is probably a real standup guy, but saying this garbage now makes him fake, and I really dislike fake people. I wouldn't feel this way if the loyalty and determination had been there since day one, but it wasn't.
To say it after being asked.....he answered correctly. Cowboys fans are supposed to be better than this.......

Section446

Reaction score
You realize football is his job, right? And that the Jones are also in it to make money?

You and I have the right to try and get the best pay we can for the work we do. Why would that not also apply if the work a person does is playing football? Do football players somehow have fewer rights than the rest of us?
Where did I say he didn't have the same rights everyone else does? But don't lie to everyone, just own it.