Dak Is Gonna Destroy Philly

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So the 4 turnovers did not lead to more yards. Interesting theory.
I like how you switched from "possessions" to "yards."

But I'd like to hear your theory about how they lead to more yards, also. If a turnover gives you a short field, it can lead to fewer yards, because there's only so much field you can drive. Yes, if they result in more overall possessions, they can create more opportunity to generate yardage, but the offense has to, you know, do it. Again, the Cowboys only had 10 possessions in the game, which is not a particularly large number. What they did do is make the most of those 10 possessions, including three 70+ yard drives and two TD drives on short fields.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Technically not for 1st place, but can lead to it.
they will be 7-2, we will be 6-2. We will be 1 win behind. However Philly then has a by week, and we play NYG the next week. Win that game we will be in 1st by head to head win.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I like how you switched from "possessions" to "yards."

But I'd like to hear your theory about how they lead to more yards, also. If a turnover gives you a short field, it can lead to fewer yards, because there's only so much field you can drive. Yes, if they result in more overall possessions, they can create more opportunity to generate yardage, but the offense has to, you know, do it. Again, the Cowboys only had 10 possessions in the game, which is not a particularly large number. What they did do is make the most of those 10 possessions, including three 70+ yard drives and two TD drives on short fields.
Just taking what you were telling me, that they weren't extra possessions. My theory is that stopping a drive with a turnover rather than having it continue, chewing up more clock, does add to the possession time of the offense, which leads to an increased opportunity for the offense to get more yards.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Technically not for 1st place, but can lead to it.
they will be 7-2, we will be 6-2. We will be 1 win behind. However Philly then has a by week, and we play NYG the next week. Win that game we will be in 1st by head to head win.
Good point. Forgot they had the extra game.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just taking what you were telling me, that they weren't extra possessions. My theory is that stopping a drive with a turnover rather than having it continue, chewing up more clock, does add to the possession time of the offense, which leads to an increased opportunity for the offense to get more yards.
Put it this way.

1. My team drives all the way down the field and turns it over at your 5 yard line. Yes, we've created a long field so you have an opportunity for lots of yards. But we had a long drive getting there, probably more than if we'd had a 3-and-out and a punt, so the likely number of total possessions is lower.
2. My team turns it over on the first play of our drive. Yes, it was a very short possession so there will probably end up being an extra overall possession in the game (which might be mine or might be yours). But I've given you a short field: you can't gain very many yards even if you score a TD.

My prior would be that it all averages out, yardage-wise (or opportunity-for-yardage-wise).

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Who's going to be the Iggles quarterback?

Last year Cowboys beat the Iggles when Minshew was the quarterback, lost to them when Hurts played.

Looks like it's going to be Hurts this game.

Ergo, a loss to the Iggles is imminent.

At least based on last year, but this isn't last year, hopefully things will turn out differently.

But nobody will know until after the game Sunday.

:popcorn:
Yeah man this argument works great if you ignore half the equation. Not sure why you’d want to though

krs1bro

Reaction score
You would think at some point that the coaching staff and Dak success depends on his legs ie: throwing on the run, using his legs. When he drops straight back in the pocket that's where everything goes south quickly unless its 2 step and fire the ball. The front 7 of sheagles are going to push our o line around like rag dolls. Dak should just sprint left or right when the ball is snapped and for god's sake stop trying to run Pollard up the middle. Easy formula MM.....thank me later.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
I strongly agree with the OP. I think the staff is beginning to understand the strengths and weaknesses of the offense and more importantly the impact of fast starts and gaining a lead. In our two losses we didn't have the lead ONCE for one minute. Dak is moving around better and we're starting to become more dynamic. Of course, we still have to do it on the field. Won't be easy but neither is getting past the divisional round.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
That's right folks, you heard it here first! Ol' Honey Bear is gonna shred this Eagles secondary. Just look at some of their games against far inferior QBs this year:

Sam Howell? (Should be Sam Who'n'ell is that?) 396 yards 4 TDs 1 Int (290 and 1 td in their first game)

Kirk Kissin Cousins? 364 and 4 TDs 0 Int

And the Mighty Mac Jones? 316 3 and 1.

I mean come on, there's no way Honey Bear doesn't go into Philly and just rain shock and awe down on that secondary. My guess is this is a shoot out and he puts at least 350+ and 4 TDs on them. Especially with an early chance to take over 1st place in the NFCE on the line. These are the games Dak thrives on, plus I hear he owns the Eagles.

Get yo honey ready.
Subtle way of setting the QB up for tons of hate.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
That's right folks, you heard it here first! Ol' Honey Bear is gonna shred this Eagles secondary. Just look at some of their games against far inferior QBs this year:

Sam Howell? (Should be Sam Who'n'ell is that?) 396 yards 4 TDs 1 Int (290 and 1 td in their first game)

I mean come on, there's no way Honey Bear doesn't go into Philly and just rain shock and awe down on that secondary. My guess is this is a shoot out and he puts at least 350+ and 4 TDs on them. Especially with an early chance to take over 1st place in the NFCE on the line. These are the games Dak thrives on, plus I hear he owns the Eagles.

Get yo honey ready.
We shall see !

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Get yo honey ready.
You’re obviously one of those fans who enjoys the attention of either being right or so dead wrong you get made fun of if your post blows up in your face. We’ll see what side of the fence you end up on Sunday. I’ll be sure to bookmark this post. :thumbup:

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You’re obviously one of those fans who enjoys the attention of either being right or so dead wrong you get made fun of if your post blows up in your face. We’ll see what side of the fence you end up on Sunday. I’ll be sure to bookmark this post. :thumbup:
I have faith that our definitely top 10 qb can at least replicate the performances of those other inferior qbs. How could he possibly not?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I have faith that our definitely top 10 qb can at least replicate the performances of those other inferior qbs. How could he possibly not?
It’s going to be very difficult for him to do that on the road against a 7-1 Philly team that’s going to be sky high for this game. You’ve gone way overboard with your prediction, to the point where I think you enjoy being slammed. What you’re predicting simply isn’t realistic. Philly wasn’t as focused in those other games as they will be on Sunday. No way do I see Dak torching the Eagles. We don’t have that type of offense and Philly has a solid defense that ranks eighth. You’re going to end up missing the mark big time on this one. I’m just hoping Dak plays a solid game and doesn’t turn the ball over. I think he’s at least capable of that.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It’s going to be very difficult for him to do that on the road against a 7-1 Philly team that’s going to be sky high for this game. You’ve gone way overboard with your prediction, to the point where I think you enjoy being slammed. What you’re predicting simply isn’t realistic. Philly wasn’t as focused in those other games as they will be on Sunday. No way do I see Dak torching the Eagles. We don’t have that type of offense and Philly has a solid defense that ranks eighth. I’m just hoping Dak plays a solid game and doesn’t turn the ball over.
Hyperbole. It's not for everyone.