CFZ Dak is Good Enough to Drive the Bus

CCBoy

Reaction score
I don't see Dak driving the bus past 1 or 2 playoff wins. At some point the QB has to make plays under pressure. We watch good teams battle it out with both offenses making plays and it's against good defenses too. Josh Allen and Mahomes played on of the most epic playoff games a few years ago. We saw Hurts duel it out with Mahomes in the SB last year. Dak just never shows a great performance unless it's against a crap team.
There was a quality victory against the Eagles when their string was far from a secondary element in the NFC.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Is Dak good enough? I'll believe it if/when I see it. I'm still waiting.

As for D-Hop, I don't think the Cowboys are even considering him. He wants paid and the Cowboys have plenty of their guys to pay. You got Cooks. That's your WR.
With one of the very best defenses already in house, why not make the Dallas passing game the very best as well?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All QB's are bus drivers. It is just some drive a little more reckless. Some go at a more moderate pace.
Then to have the bus (team) itself.

If you have flat tires or low tires such as, injured OL, stupid OC, no WR's, it will cause issues. Poor coaching decisions or play calling.

Bus driver....another over used term to actually be an insult to a QB....such as QB Friendly type sayings.

GINeric

Reaction score
But you're using an extreme to prove your point and whilst I agree that it's a team game it's only the QB that touches the ball in every offensive snap. Interestingly thinking about your point about Mahomes and the SB 'wipeout' I agree that Dak needs more protection as he struggles with mobility in the pocket.....it's like all of us, we need more support the older we get.

I don't see Dak driving the bus past 1 or 2 playoff wins. At some point the QB has to make plays under pressure. We watch good teams battle it out with both offenses making plays and it's against good defenses too. Josh Allen and Mahomes played on of the most epic playoff games a few years ago. We saw Hurts duel it out with Mahomes in the SB last year. Dak just never shows a great performance unless it's against a crap team.

Dak has showed up against solid to very good teams before, but I understand why you conveniently left that fact out by saying "he never shows a great performance unless it's against a crap team". You have an agenda to protect, I get it.

With that said, Dak has a record of 22-25 vs winning teams. Not very bad, but not very good either.

As great as Aaron Rodgers is, he is 41-44-1 vs teams with winning record.

Oh... and Matthew Stafford, a quarterback who some here has claimed is better than Dak, is a staggering 11-72 versus teams with a winning record. That's totally unacceptable. I don't want to hear the BS excuses of where he was or who he played for.... I was told by many here that good quarterbacks elevate the talent around them. So that's the standard for EVERY quarterback.

Back to Rodgers.... as great as he is, did you realize that he's 0-4 vs. Jimmy Garoppolo??? Hmmm.... its amazing how great Rodgers is, yet he only led his teams to one single Superbowl victory.

The same amount as Joe Theismann, Trent Dilpher and Nick Foles.

Maybe you can give us a breakdown on some of these mind blowing facts that I've posted. Again, I'm not saying Dak is or ever was elite or on Rodgers and some of those other great quarterbacks levels.

I'm just saying, you don't need to over exaggerate or lie to make a point, because Dak and some of those other guys may have similar numbers in certain situations at that same point in their careers.

Just like when someone said Dak only won one playoff game in his first 5, 6 seasons and came up with all kinds of reasons that's a bad look on him.... but when I brought up how Peyton Manning and Drew Brees only won one playoff game in the same time frame, the response was (insert the excuses).

And for the record, nobody here is saying Dak will have the career of those greats. It's just hilariously interesting how the narrative and excuses change for some others in the same time frame that Dak played, but they all had similar results in that same time frame. I love the hypocrisy!!

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dak has showed up against solid to very good teams before, but I understand why you conveniently left that fact out by saying "he never shows a great performance unless it's against a crap team". You have an agenda to protect, I get it.

With that said, Dak has a record of 22-25 vs winning teams. Not very bad, but not very good either.

As great as Aaron Rodgers is, he is 41-44-1 vs teams with winning record.

Oh... and Matthew Stafford, a quarterback who some here has claimed is better than Dak, is a staggering 11-72 versus teams with a winning record. That's totally unacceptable. I don't want to hear the BS excuses of where he was or who he played for.... I was told by many here that good quarterbacks elevate the talent around them. So that's the standard for EVERY quarterback.

Back to Rodgers.... as great as he is, did you realize that he's 0-4 vs. Jimmy Garoppolo??? Hmmm.... its amazing how great Rodgers is, yet he only led his teams to one single Superbowl victory.

The same amount as Joe Theismann, Trent Dilpher and Nick Foles.

Maybe you can give us a breakdown on some of these mind blowing facts that I've posted. Again, I'm not saying Dak is or ever was elite or on Rodgers and some of those other great quarterbacks levels.

I'm just saying, you don't need to over exaggerate or lie to make a point, because Dak and some of those other guys may have similar numbers in certain situations at that same point in their careers.

Just like when someone said Dak only won one playoff game in his first 5, 6 seasons and came up with all kinds of reasons that's a bad look on him.... but when I brought up how Peyton Manning and Drew Brees only won one playoff game in the same time frame, the response was (insert the excuses).

And for the record, nobody here is saying Dak will have the career of those greats. It's just hilariously interesting how the narrative and excuses change for some others in the same time frame that Dak played, but they all had similar results in that same time frame. I love the hypocrisy!!
Some just don't care if stereotype 4,5, or 6 is used as an excuse. :)

CCBoy

Reaction score
All QB's are bus drivers. It is just some drive a little more reckless. Some go at a more moderate pace.

If you have flat tires or low tires such as, injured OL, stupid OC, no WR's, it will cause issues. Poor coaching decisions or play calling.

Bus driver....another over used term to actually be an insult to a QB....such as QB Friendly type sayings.
Think bus drivers make good chefs? :)

Redline360

Reaction score
I thought he was good enough to drive the bus while the defense would be the achilles heel. However my faith in Dak is long gone and want to move on asap. Has been surronded with a cadillac of offensive talent for the most part (last year)compared to most quarterbacks and now the defense has stepped up tremendously.

Still in the boat that thinks he's the product of the talent around him. Honestly feel if he was on another team you would hardly hear anything about him.

Dude will play lights out mvp then look like a back up QB the next

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Clean pocket with time, Good Dak
Pressure equates to Bad Dak
Dak like any QB out of college can win under good conditions.
Dak like 95% of college QBs arriving in the NFL fade under tight coverage and Pressure. Dak was placed in a system he and any other young mobile QB could thrive in. Many mobile QBs do thrive until they're injured or DEFENSES DISCOVER WEAKNESSES then they fade away.
Dak does not have the arm or CONSISTENT accuracy to live in the pocket and survive what defenses throw at him. Either we mobilize Dak and by that I mean he DOES NOT NEED TO RUN THE BALL just roll and boot a high % of passes.
No system or players can win with Dak in the pocket. IF DAK CAN STILL RUN post Injury and be effective running , we have a chance. Maybe.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
There was a quality victory against the Eagles when their string was far from a secondary element in the NFC.
Interestingly didn't the Eagles secondary, for some inexplicable reason play man coverage, where as they played zonal throughout the season ????
Something tells me that the Eagles, without Hurts, didn't take the game seriously and didn't want to expose their real defense.
Similarly, Dak could be the very good Buccs secondary....(as I see it), because they couldn't sit back in coverage as we had a lead and they needed to stop our run game.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Dak like 95% of college QBs arriving in the NFL fade under tight coverage and Pressure. Dak was placed in a system he and any other young mobile QB could thrive in. Many mobile QBs do thrive until they're injured or DEFENSES DISCOVER WEAKNESSES then they fade away.
Dak does not have the arm or CONSISTENT accuracy to live in the pocket and survive what defenses throw at him. Either we mobilize Dak and by that I mean he DOES NOT NEED TO RUN THE BALL just roll and boot a high % of passes.
No system or players can win with Dak in the pocket. IF DAK CAN STILL RUN post Injury and be effective running , we have a chance. Maybe.
Yep , and cough, cough the Jimmie Ward quote about playing Dak (though granted you need a good D-Line or face a poor running game to play it)

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

I love the hypocrisy!!
Who's exaggerating or lying???? What's being pointed out is that he's inconsistent and over the last two years he's not been able to drive that bus, when the road gets rocky.
We can blame whoever we like, but if he's a top paid bus driver, he'll need to step up when it matters.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I have seen enough of Dak Presscott to have observed his touch on a lot of different passes has improved over time as well. Last season had a reduced receivers group and a greatly injured offensive line. I don't, as a fan, carry over failure in a committed Dallas quarterback. He's not a running back and is solid even through progressing focused items.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Interestingly didn't the Eagles secondary, for some inexplicable reason play man coverage, where as they played zonal throughout the season ????
Something tells me that the Eagles, without Hurts, didn't take the game seriously and didn't want to expose their real defense.
Similarly, Dak could be the very good Buccs secondary....(as I see it), because they couldn't sit back in coverage as we had a lead and they needed to stop our run game.
So excuses why the other teams lost as opposed to Dak and the team winning?

Pretty weak attempt saying Eagles didn't care. The division was on the line at that point, and they didn't care as not to expose their defense?

Dallas beat TB, because they were simply the better team at that time.

Can you just admit Dak did well in those games? Is it that hard to do, so we get lame attempts as to why the other teams lost?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Who's exaggerating or lying???? What's being pointed out is that he's inconsistent and over the last two years he's not been able to drive that bus, when the road gets rocky.
We can blame whoever we like, but if he's a top paid bus driver, he'll need to step up when it matters.
Injuries and running the ball doesn't mix well in a quarterback.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
This is funny. One doesn't know if Dak can carry the team or be more than a bus driver? What games/seasons have y'all been watching the past 7 seasons?

In 7 seasons played (it's actually 7 seasons in total due to Dak's season ending injury early in 2020, plus missing 5 games with another injury last year in 2022), Dak has passed for over 4k yards TWICE with one season being 98 yards from being a 5k passing season. Dak has passed for over 3k yards in every season except his rookie season (2016) and the early season ending leg injury in 2020. In 2020, Dak only plated for 4.25 games due to his early season ending leg injury, but he was averaging 436 yards passing/game. Do the math. During that 16 game season, Dak would have easily shattered Peyton Manning's NFL record single season record of 5,400 since Dak was on pace to pass for almost 7k yards that season. Yet, all of that is not enough to make some realize Dak is more than a bus driver?
:huh:
No offense AC but there are many QBs putting up techmo bowl stats the last 5 or more years. It’s the way the league has progressed away from running offenses. Overall I’ve seen some great things in Dak but I’ve also seen glaring inconsistency even when he has had the talent around him. I think he’s good enough, I just agree with OP that he’s not an elite, put you on his shoulders guy and is more a “if you have the talent and he’s streaky good playoff time you can be very dangerous.” JMO

GINeric

Reaction score

And I will agree with the inconsistent part at times, but to say the man has "never" played well against good teams... thats not the truth bro.

Now... you brought up how much he's paid, correct?? Well other than Mahomes, Brady, and Barrow (i don't believe Barrow has been paid yet)... name me the other high paid quarterbacks with max dollar contracts that are TRULY playing up to the worth of their contracts.

It's not just a Dak thing, many other quarterbacks aren't living up to the dollar amount/production of their contracts except 3, maybe 4 others. That's just the way the quarterback market is set up.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Josh Cohen
@JCohen_NFL
·
Follow
Prescott and Herbert are probably the two QBs with the biggest schism between casual fans and film watchers.

Derrik Klassen
@QBKlass

Post-charting summary: Dak Prescott Dak might be the most cerebral QB in the league at this point. Plays with so much command of the offense pre-snap, always putting the offense in the best position. 3rd down, checks to wad up the protection, splits zone defenders w/ the throw.

4:34 PM · May 29, 2023

·

blueblood70

Reaction score

:hammer: