Dak Is/Isn’t A Franchise QB Thread

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
:omg:

heck of a coincidence.
Here's a correction. With receipts, as they say.

Cowboys' first 10 opponents' pass defense
vs rest of NFL
2444 of 3823 26,763 yd 195 td 87 int 92.0
vs Dak
247 of 365 3,221 yd 21 td 9 int 104.1
difference of +11.6%

Cowboys' last 3 opponents' pass defense
vs rest of NFL
711 of 1170 6,403 yd 28 td 34 int 71.4
vs Dak
78 of 131 901 yd 3 td 2 int 81.6
difference of +12.5%

The league average passer rating (91.1) is about what the rest of the league's QB averaged against Dallas' first 10 opponents. Basically, the Cowboys went 6-4 against an average schedule of pass defenses, and Dak had a 104.1 passer rating.

The last three opposing defenses are 20 points better than that 91.1 league average, and Dak's performance in the last three games basically splits that 20-point difference.

Nav22

Reaction score
LOL so now you know what is and isn't good against winning teams/good defenses

Last week you were pretty ignorant on what is the average for QBs against these kinds of teams. So, at least you're starting to admit the ESPN QBR is a load of BS that is flawed at it's core.
You’re the one who used the “50 is average” standard to come up with your basis for judging Dak’s 59.1.

By any metric you choose, Dak has defecated all over your face. He’ll be our QB for years to come.

Keep pretending you haven’t taken an L. It’s adorable!

Flamma

Reaction score
He's in a weird grey area

I think even with our joke of a coaching staff he's still better than the lower tier franchise starters like Dalton, Tannehill, Mariota, Flacco, Newton

He's probably a mid tier franchise guy at this point which isn't bad (the Stafford, Cousins, Carr type).

Problem is we won't get him for mid tier money, his agent wants high tier cash (The rodgers, wilson, Brees money)

This is the problem. The question is, will another team be willing to pay him Wilson money?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Wasted a SB window with an in his prime Zeke and all-pro line by benching Romo for this dude. Great job there Jerry, listening to the advice from your Red-headed step child.
Romo was not beating Rodger's dude let it go.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The pressure on Dak is enough to burst pipes. A fourth round pick, the quarterback of America's team, and negotiating a new contract. Very few people live up to that expectation. I think it is affecting his play.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
We have 80 million in cap space. I wonder if we would be better of signing a Bridgewater type to a good 3 year backup quarterback salary, draft a quarterback in the first round, let Cooper and Dak go (trade) we have two franchise tags, put the money into the defense and special teams. I hate to say it we would be better off losing out. It would make it easier moving on from Dak and Cooper.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Are you just acting stupid or are you actually stupid?

Nowhere did I suggest it's an "exact science" - if you want to quote where I said that, or even where you think i IMPLIED that, then you can quote me. If you can't, don't respond to me with babble ever again. Got it? Good.

I said settling for mediocrity because of high difficulty is a loser mentality. If you have to continue churning a roster, moving on from QBs that don't have, you do that until you find the freakin' guy.

NEXT!

Other than name calling you didn't disprove anything except maybe your own lack of NFL knowledge. I'll quote you, "Here we go again with the "It's too hard though!" - Loser teams complain about this. It's "hard" to find a QB if your organization is trash. Good organizations find their franchise QB, whether it's through the draft or FA." the "it's to hard though" sure sounds like an implication that it's easy or an exact science.

Again the list is a mile long of college QB's that draft gurus, talking heads on TV said were sure fire future stars in the NFL that turned out to be busts or your big getting a franchise QB in free agency. Other than Cousins just how many and who were these franchise QB that were available to be signed by a different team as a free agent in the last 10 years?

All you did was go off on a rant displaying your very limited NFL knowledge and got called on it.

Gaede

Reaction score
Dak is definitely a franchise QB.

He's in his fourth year and already a prolific passer. He's played poorly the past two games; that happens with every player in every sport in every country, even franchise QBs. He's clearly pressing right now and it's no different than when Romo used to do that.

Just cause the season is going down the tubes doesn't mean everybody is all bad.

75boyz

Reaction score
We have 80 million in cap space. I wonder if we would be better of signing a Bridgewater type to a good 3 year backup quarterback salary, draft a quarterback in the first round, let Cooper and Dak go (trade) we have two franchise tags, put the money into the defense and special teams. I hate to say it we would be better off losing out. It would make it easier moving on from Dak and Cooper.

Agree with this strategy totally bro, since when they were 3-2 and Amarichill started the Should we just tank post.

But I’m a Tua guy so with his injury and even having to wait on his decision to return to college football, that kinda blurs my choice as to how that decision plays out.

Burrow would require this years and next year firsts and possibly even seconds to get.

But basically, as you stated, I support the backup bridge QB plan and for getting a QB in the first and moving on from both those contracts as well.

Good post.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Prescott is a franchise QB and his production speaks for itself. If I were him, I'd actually want to go to a team that was more serious about being a postseason contender. It's obvious that this Owner can't stay out of it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Of course you'd say this.

He can do no wrong, you sir are just beyond ridiculous.

He passed the ball horribly, but he's not the reason we lost :lmao:

#DontpayDak
true most of our losses are not on dak but the Ne/Bills/CHi he progressively got worse each week.. the defense didnt help but my god the CHI game he looked like some qb we grabbed from a practice squad cold and rusty,,,it was a sad display of quarterbacking.. the bills game wasn't much better but Chicago was rock bottom as far as technique and form go..hes been hucking up prayers, high left, high right, low, too far out front and his faves ,behind..it was bad for sure..

im really not sure if he played better it would have changed much because the defense couldn't stop water running off a table with a sponge.. the defense is the biggest issue we have aside from special teams.. the offense could survive and come out of the slump if the defense could make more stops and get more Turnovers..

blueblood70

Reaction score
I believe he can be our QB but only if he comes off this ridiculousness that he deserves russell Wilson money and a short non team friendly deal...if thats his demand and he wont budge I FT him and find his replacement asap..draft a qb and bring in a better backup then Rush to push dak..

take the 32/33 structured to be good for both sides and I m ok with It...

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is definitely a franchise QB.

He's in his fourth year and already a prolific passer. He's played poorly the past two games; that happens with every player in every sport in every country, even franchise QBs. He's clearly pressing right now and it's no different than when Romo used to do that.

Just cause the season is going down the tubes doesn't mean everybody is all bad.

LOL....2 games huh?
Ya ok, where was he when Zeke went out and we missed the playoffs?
Where was he when we got shut out by the Colts?
Where was he when both the Packers and Rams jumped out to formidable leads in those 2 playoff games?
Where has he been this year beating only dead-beat teams like the Giants and disappearing and reappearing in Garbage time to pad his stats?
Where was he when Zeke was under 75 yards and we're 2-10 in those games??
Dak Prescott will do down as the biggest imposter of a QB since Quincy Carter and that you can bet your last dollar on!
Dude looks more like a shot-putter than a QB back there.
Sell crazy elsewhere as Jack said we're all stocked up here!

P.S. How's he going to do with the Rams? Ain't looking promising unless Zeke bails him out again!

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Agree with this strategy totally bro, since when they were 3-2 and Amarichill started the Should we just tank post.

But I’m a Tua guy so with his injury and even having to wait on his decision to return to college football, that kinda blurs my choice as to how that decision plays out.

Burrow would require this years and next year firsts and possibly even seconds to get.

But basically, as you stated, I support the backup bridge QB plan and for getting a QB in the first and moving on from both those contracts as well.

Good post.
Lets just let the coach figure out who he wants. Lamar Jackson was the last pick in the first. Now he looks like the NFL's best player. Tua is a dream but if he there with a mid first round pick he would be worth it.

Last edited:

Silverstar

Reaction score
After 60+ games, if we still have to ask or can't decide about Dak then the answer is NO.
Regardless, I'll let the new HC decide Dak's fate as other have said already.
Will Jerry let him make that decision though is the question...let's hope he does.