Dak Is/Isn’t A Franchise QB Thread

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
You guys must be miserable you’ve had to wait over a year to all come out from hiding after 3 bad games by Dak. Reality check is the entire team has mentally checked out. And reality check #2 is Dak is here to stay.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
It’s hard to find a QB in this league. You want to be a ****** and keep recycling ? The coaches message is no longer being received. I wasn’t a Dak fan until last season. He has what it takes mentally. It’s going to take a change in philosophy and new staff to turn the entire team around.

LOL

Here we go again with the "It's too hard though!" - Loser teams complain about this. It's "hard" to find a QB if your organization is trash. Good organizations find their franchise QB, whether it's through the draft or FA.

You don't settle for mediocrity because of difficulty. This is the big boys league, you either get yourself a player that can help you win it all or you settle for losing.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You guys must be miserable you’ve had to wait over a year to all come out from hiding after 3 bad games by Dak. Reality check is the entire team has mentally checked out. And reality check #2 is Dak is here to stay.

LOL you call yourself the "pessimist cowboy" - who is miserable here?

And I've been here all year.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
LOL

Here we go again with the "It's too hard though!" - Loser teams complain about this. It's "hard" to find a QB if your organization is trash. Good organizations find their franchise QB, whether it's through the draft or FA.

You don't settle for mediocrity because of difficulty. This is the big boys league, you either get yourself a player that can help you win it all or you settle for losing.
Name a franchise that has a richer history of QB’s than the Dallas Cowboys? LOL what’s wrong with you man?

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
....so you admit it's not hard to find a franchise QB for this organization?

So why are you so afraid of letting Dak walk? Did you even think before posting?

Answer the question, You’re refusing to answer the question. Name a franchise the historically has better QB’s than the Cowboys? You can’t. You’re the one who said “ great franchises find their franchise QB’s”.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Answer the question, You’re refusing to answer the question. Name a franchise the historically has better QB’s than the Cowboys? You can’t. You’re the one who said “ great franchises find their franchise QB’s”.

THE QUESTION LITERALLY GOES AGAINST WHAT YOU FIRST RESPONDED TO ME WITH.

If this organization is so good at finding franchise QBs, WHY ARE YOU SO AFRAID OF LETTING DAK WALK? LOL Apparently, we can just find the next Troy Aikman or Staubach, or Romo, or White....

So again, why are you so afraid of letting Dak go?

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
THE QUESTION LITERALLY GOES AGAINST WHAT YOU FIRST RESPONDED TO ME WITH.

If this organization is so good at finding franchise QBs, WHY ARE YOU SO AFRAID OF LETTING DAK WALK? LOL Apparently, we can just find the next Troy Aikman or Staubach, or Romo, or White....

So again, why are you so afraid of letting Dak go?
I’m not afraid of letting him go but it would be illogical at this point. He’s had some success at a young age. You have to franchise him and see how things go with a new staff. That’s the most logical thing to do.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I’m not afraid of letting him go but it would be illogical at this point. He’s had some success at a young age. You have to franchise him and see how things go with a new staff. That’s the most logical thing to do.

You don't HAVE to do anything. There is a strong QB class in the draft, teams that want their QB find ways to move up in the draft nearly every year to get their guy.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
You don't HAVE to do anything. There is a strong QB class in the draft, teams that want their QB find ways to move up in the draft nearly every year to get their guy.
Do you pay attention to those guys teams draft in the first round? It’s a huge bust potential. There’s no need to draft a QB in the first round right now. Without first seeing how the team does with a new coaching regime. I mean if Burrow somehow dropped to the pick you’d have to think about it (any team would) other than that it’s like playing Russian roulette.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Do you pay attention to those guys teams draft in the first round? It’s a huge bust potential. There’s no need to draft a QB in the first round right now. Without first seeing how the team does with a new coaching regime. I mean if Burrow somehow dropped to the pick you’d have to think about it (any team would) other than that it’s like playing Russian roulette.

....so we are right back to, "It's very hard! The draft is hard! You might draft a bust!"

Yet, a couple posts before this you are going on about how good the Cowboys are at finding franchise QBs. So, the circle has been made, and I will mock the "It's too hard! Too risky" crap again.

starfan1

Reaction score
Ya like this can’t be merged with the other 500 threads

Last edited:

jnday

Reaction score
It is kind of the opposite. The Dakettes thought that their worries was over after the first three games against scrubs and they started talking smack. He started facing decent teams and proved all of us haters right. We are not miserable at all.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Im tired of him and his garbage time stat-padding

Get him and the head coach the hell out of here

I'm tired of the "iet's blame Prescott for everything or not giving up and gets some additional yardage while trying." Why does he have garbage time? Is it Prescott that allowed the bears 28th ranked offense, 28th on run and 28th on passing to march up and down the field? Was it Prescott that got called for 3 penalties against the bears offense on 3rd downs giving them 1st downs and then scored TD's on each of those occasions? Was it Prescott who couldn't force the bears to punt until 2/3 through the 3rd quarter? Was it Prescott who allowed the bears to convert almost 60% of their 3rd downs? Was it Prescott who allowed the bears to pile up 151 yards rushing? Was it Prescott who allowed Trubisky to run 23 yards for a TD untouched?: The thing is all of those things I asked if it was Prescott's fault were all the defense's fault.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Is....obviously.

franchise QB isn’t a term used to describe the top 3-5 QBs in the league. It’s a term that identifies a QB the team can commit to and win with for several years. Danny White, Tony Romo, Fran Tarkenton.....you don’t have to be at the top of the league or win championships to be a franchise QB. It means you aren’t the reason the team can’t win, and they don’t need to change QBs every year.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
LOL

Earth to you. EVERY talking head, former NFL players, former NFL GM, former NFL coaches will tell you the absolute hardest position to find and fill is the QB position. The list is miles long of college QB's that draft gurus said were going to be a hit in the NFL only to turn out to be big total busts. This eve4n includes one taken with the very 1st pick. Really good QBs seldom ever get to be free agents and able to sign with anyone. The last was Cousins and before that I can't even think of one. Ya there are QB's that have spent years as backups out there but they were/are BACKUPS. People talk about Foles and what he did with the eagles. He left the eagles and the jags that they had their franchise QB but low and behold, he gets bench because of his play. The good franchises that have their franchise QB often go through several QB's until they found that QB and then go through several trying to find the right guy if the franchise QB goes down or retires. To listen to you it's nothing but an exact science finding franchise QB's and no good team ever struggles with that.

Smith22

Reaction score
The team hasn't won a single game this year when trailing at the half...... Tells you a lot about the coaching staff and QB.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Earth to you. EVERY talking head, former NFL players, former NFL GM, former NFL coaches will tell you the absolute hardest position to find and fill is the QB position. The list is miles long of college QB's that draft gurus said were going to be a hit in the NFL only to turn out to be big total busts. This eve4n includes one taken with the very 1st pick. Really good QBs seldom ever get to be free agents and able to sign with anyone. The last was Cousins and before that I can't even think of one. Ya there are QB's that have spent years as backups out there but they were/are BACKUPS. People talk about Foles and what he did with the eagles. He left the eagles and the jags that they had their franchise QB but low and behold, he gets bench because of his play. The good franchises that have their franchise QB often go through several QB's until they found that QB and then go through several trying to find the right guy if the franchise QB goes down or retires. To listen to you it's nothing but an exact science finding franchise QB's and no good team ever struggles with that.

Are you just acting stupid or are you actually stupid?

Nowhere did I suggest it's an "exact science" - if you want to quote where I said that, or even where you think i IMPLIED that, then you can quote me. If you can't, don't respond to me with babble ever again. Got it? Good.

I said settling for mediocrity because of high difficulty is a loser mentality. If you have to continue churning a roster, moving on from QBs that don't have, you do that until you find the freakin' guy.

NEXT!

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
QB is down on the list of most concerning. Let’s go through it here. You have a 26 year old QB that’s proven he can win in the playoffs. His stats are much better than most other young QBS. He’s not elite and probably will never be but he is GOOD enough.

1. you need a new Coaching staff. A proven. Leader of men, with a sound scheme that’s able to take advantage of the opponents vulnerabilities.

2. You need to fix the DT spot. If we’re going to role with LVE and Smith that’s fine but, every great defense has always had two good DT’s that free up LB’s and allow them to flow.

3. You need to get better TE’s. I’ve been watching the 49ers and Ravens carefully. What makes their running game so good is that their TE’s are able to block DE’s 1v1 and it frees up the OL to get to the 2nd level.

4. You need a SS who’s an exceptional Tackler. This would help tremendously in run support. We need a Physical Ss who can play down and in the middle who’s not afraid to come up and lay the wood.

5. Get a new kicker and punter. our field position has been atrocious this year. Chris Jones has been BAD and ranks 30th in pint average. Maher well he just sucks.

start with those 5 things and I think you’ll see a huge difference in this team next year.