Dak Is/Isn’t A Franchise QB Thread

Qcard

Reaction score
So explain the fourth drive, when Dak threw an incompletion on first but still completed a pass on second down..
So, thank you for a reasonable question...

When you've gained 1yard on 1st down on the previous 2 drives (1st drive was a TD) why would you keep running when you've seen your Oline is struggling in Run Pro?

Dak had an incompletion, then a 15yard pass to Cooper, then Zeke 31 yards viola!!

They changed it up and stuck to it even on 2nd down...which gave Zeke a better run. If you pay attention to DETAIL.. you'll know Dak went "no huddle" as soon as Cooper got the 15yarder... Defense didn't adjust...Zeke got 31... that is good QB play

75boyz

Reaction score
Details son!!

2nd Drive Initial 1st Down...Zeke 1 yard!! (Pass, Pass, Punt) Oline blocking putrid

3rd Drive Initial 1st Down... Zeke 1 yard!!
(Pass, Pass, Punt) Oline again putrid

4th Drive Initial 1st Down Pass Incomplete
(2nd Down Pass 15 yards, Second 1st Down Zeke went for 31 yards... surprise 15yard pass opened up run..Run 4yds, Run 2yds, Pass Olawale clueless.. Missed FG)

5th Drive (2nd Half) Dak's worst Drive 3 Passes incomplete.. Fair criticism!!

6th Drive Initial 1st down Zeke you guessed it No gain!! Putrid Oline...(Pass 7Yards, Sack -7 yards ) horrible Oline..

Details reveal that the Oline is horrible, Zeke was a non-factor and Dak pays the price...

Details @khiladi details matter....That is why you should wait till all 22s and after film review before you gorge on false narratives to feed your opinion..

So with regard to details, and previous to this post, you must not have read the other thousand posts about oline rankings in both the running and pass protection this year as relevant to fitting your specific narrative here. Does the detailed stats of pro football outsiders rankings of the team's complete seasons pass blocking and rushing raw data come into play or only when it suits the false narrative. The raw numbers seem to suggest otherwise. Zeke and Dak have underperformed based off the olines performance numbers while Zeke's performance has had a slight uptick lately albeit at a very small sample size because of limited carries, Dak has individually regressed greatly the last three games when given time to throw. On the entire season, as to whole sample size, the oline rankings are outstanding in both.

So I guess the only question I have left ties into a previous remark I had on accountability. While ALL the other factors such as head coach and GM and Zeke and o line are being blamed...At what point does the one individual who touches the ball every single offensive snap share in his portion of the blame for the offense's ineptitude?
Or does your personal opinion of Dak over ride your ability to be objective in assessing Daks lions share of the blame as should be when holding the title of quarterback...
These are the details. Just the facts please. No All 22 needed.

khiladi

Reaction score
So, thank you for a reasonable question...

When you've gained 1yard on 1st down on the previous 2 drives (1st drive was a TD) why would you keep running when you've seen your Oline is struggling in Run Pro?

Dak had an incompletion, then a 15yard pass to Cooper, then Zeke 31 yards viola!!

They changed it up and stuck to it even on 2nd down...which gave Zeke a better run. If you pay attention to DETAIL.. you'll know Dak went "no huddle" as soon as Cooper got the 15yarder... Defense didn't adjust...Zeke got 31... that is good QB play

Yet, Dak threw an incompletion on first down on the second set of downs on the first series and Dallas still ran it twice and Zeke netted a first down. so how come Zeke can overcome Dak’s incompletions, but Dak can’t overcome Zeke’s one yard?

And yes, Dak threw 15 yards on SECOND down despite getting ZERO yards on first down. Good you understand that on a CLEAR passing situation Dak actually complete a pass and here you are, cheerleading Dak’s ‘greatness’. Yet, when Zeke runs one yard on a first down its now Zeke’s fault that Dak can’t convert, yet Dak can overcome his own ineptitude if he throws a duck on first.. Amazing your logic. And there was THIRTY seconds between the pass and Zeke’s 31 yard run. What a “no huddle”!?! I’m telling you, that was brilliant by Dak!

Zeke overcome Dak’s ineptitude on run dominant downs, but Dak can’t do anything without Zeke.. The trend is clear. Again, when Zeke dominated the ball, good things happen. I know your math sucks, but 9 is much greater than 3. When Dak dominated the ball, three and out, here we come, including when Dak threw all three times.

Your claim that Zeke wasn’t performing is utter hogwash. If your claim was that Dallas could be calling plays better, then fine, but saying we abandoned Zeke, which is why Dak passed so much is utter hogwash.

Last edited:

Qcard

Reaction score
yep and Troy said he isn't accurate and is a stat padder. one was a great quarterback but oh well we'll trust you. lmao
That was one game assessment...but I guess Dak was also padding stats in his league leading 4th Qtr wins

But what does Troy say we he looks at Dak's Full Picture..."Pay the Man"

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
when the game is basically over and the defense goes into prevent. but this doesn't fit your agenda.
Troy said it best. but what does he know?

The great anti-romo hope.
What quarter is the game over in you opinion?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
no quarter, it's the score and when the defense decides to let you have garbage yards to milk time off the clock.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Notice I never mentioned Romo dummy. Also notice that you can't even support your weak "argument."

it's when the outcome of the game has already been decided. lmao tough guy. which part is false tough guy,. lmao your anti-romo hope is showing.

Qcard

Reaction score
So with regard to details, and previous to this post, you must not have read the other thousand posts about oline rankings in both the running and pass protection this year as relevant to fitting your specific narrative here. Does the detailed stats of pro football outsiders rankings of the team's complete seasons pass blocking and rushing raw data come into play or only when it suits the false narrative. The raw numbers seem to suggest otherwise. Zeke and Dak have underperformed based off the olines performance numbers while Zeke's performance has had a slight uptick lately albeit at a very small sample size because of limited carries, Dak has individually regressed greatly the last three games when given time to throw. On the entire season, as to whole sample size, the oline rankings are outstanding in both.

So I guess the only question I have left ties into a previous remark I had on accountability. While ALL the other factors such as head coach and GM and Zeke and o line are being blamed...At what point does the one individual who touches the ball every single offensive snap share in his portion of the blame for the offense's ineptitude?
Or does your personal opinion of Dak over ride your ability to be objective in assessing Daks lions share of the blame as should be when holding the title of quarterback...
These are the details. Just the facts please. No All 22 needed.
Great question!

Let's get one thing straight.

I never wanted Dak to start over Romo once Tony was healthy. I am not a Dak apologist but his overall performance and subsequent team success can not be denied.

So to answer your question. Dak had a horrible game but I find it laughable and ridiculous that after Dak's track record, the irrational folks still question whether or not he's a top tier QB. All QBs have bad games where footwork and mechanics regress for some reason (conditions, doing too much, bad supporting cast etc).

The stats say it and Cowboy greats Jimmy and Troy say it...Dak is good enough to build around

khiladi

Reaction score
Jimmy said Dak was good enough to win surrounded by this roster and that was actually before the BUFFALO game. He didn’t say Dak is good enough to build around.

Aikman said it November 17, but just this last game he called Dak a stat padder and the 17th was before this epic collapse of the Cowboys.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
These trolls have never heard play till the last whistle....

Madden is the devil...play till the last hot Pocket
I'm waiting to hear what "garbage time" means to them. Still haven't seen anything.