Dak Is/Isn’t A Franchise QB Thread

Qcard

Reaction score
I mean he ended up being cool with me and all, but dang...I mean you continue to disprove EVERY single false rebuttal of his and yet he keeps on going. I can tell he's not some stupid guy so I'm unsure of his ultimate end game motive. I know if I was a debate team scorekeeper I might call the "mercy rule" on you bro. Cheers.
Exactly which rebuttals are "false"?

A "Like" doesn't mean you are right :lmao::facepalm:

Qcard

Reaction score
Remember when Goff went to the SB, despite playing like Dak is now to end the season, and they gave him a 100 million dollar extension to start this season.. how did that work out?

Your turn..
You mean how did standard operating procedure for signing Franchise QBs works?

It worked out because:

1. They Fired Jeff Fisher (Insert Garrett here) because Goff was in bust Zone...See also Bears with Trubisky.

2. They hired a young competent innovative Head in McVay, whose system and style related to Millennials.

Once again son... attention to Details!!

doomsday9084

Reaction score
thats the business. He’s supposed to be asking for that based on what he’s already done.

That's fair. I don't blame him or his agent for asking for as much as possible. Its a short career.

That said, its the business on the other side too. There is only so much money available for players. If you put 20% of your cap room towards an average QB, you likely are never going to compete for a title with him on the roster. I have posted the history several times. Only one or two teams has won a title with a highly paid QB in the last 15 years. Even the best QB's don't win SB's when they get big extensions, let alone middle of the pack ones.

Getting back to his agent and what he is asking for, I really wonder if he is overplaying his hand. If the next coach has a thing for accuracy, Dak might get the franchise tag and then be out. I doubt anyone else is going to give him big money like what has been offered by Dallas. If he loses that out AND all of the Dallas starting QB endorsement money, that's an incredible amount of money to lose out on.

Qcard

Reaction score
Good lord.

Prescott puts up the same production in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarter. If you want to say the offense starts slow, then yes. It does. But this nonsense that he pads stats in garbage time is complete BS because his stats are the same from quarter 2-4.
So I'm still asking: When is "garbage time" if he's putting up the same numbers 2-4?
Great Point.

Speak for Yourself former players agree. Jason Whitlock is just playing the bad guy for conversation purposes

egn22

Reaction score
That's fair. I don't blame him or his agent for asking for as much as possible. Its a short career.

That said, its the business on the other side too. There is only so much money available for players. If you put 20% of your cap room towards an average QB, you likely are never going to compete for a title with him on the roster. I have posted the history several times. Only one or two teams has won a title with a highly paid QB in the last 15 years. Even the best QB's don't win SB's when they get big extensions, let alone middle of the pack ones.

Getting back to his agent and what he is asking for, I really wonder if he is overplaying his hand. If the next coach has a thing for accuracy, Dak might get the franchise tag and then be out. I doubt anyone else is going to give him big money like what has been offered by Dallas. If he loses that out AND all of the Dallas starting QB endorsement money, that's an incredible amount of money to lose out on.

so where we disagree here is i don’t believe Dak is an average QB. That’s what happens on this board, people come here everyday and start to fall in line with the group think, and popular opinions here get repeated so often, they become accepted as fact.
At the beginning of the season the majority of the posters here were completely down on Dak to the point that some didn’t even believe he was a starter. Then he starts lighting it up, he’s in MVP talks, and everyone agrees he’s the truth. Now were back at him being an “average” QB.

He needs to get paid and we will pay him.

khiladi

Reaction score
You mean how did standard operating procedure for signing Franchise QBs works?

It worked out because:

1. They Fired Jeff Fisher (Insert Garrett here) because Goff was in bust Zone...See also Bears with Trubisky.

2. They hired a young competent innovative Head in McVay, whose system and style related to Millennials.

Once again son... attention to Details!!

Buddy, we are talking about THIS year, the Rams giving him a 100 million dollar extension.. He’s been awful to the point Rams fans were turning on weeks ago. He’s actually been mediocre since the last half of last season and completely and utterly sucked in the SB, I don’t think he passed mis field even once.

Remember, attention to details..

jnday

Reaction score
so where we disagree here is i don’t believe Dak is an average QB. That’s what happens on this board, people come here everyday and start to fall in line with the group think, and popular opinions here get repeated so often, they become accepted as fact.
At the beginning of the season the majority of the posters here were completely down on Dak to the point that some didn’t even believe he was a starter. Then he starts lighting it up, he’s in MVP talks, and everyone agrees he’s the truth. Now were back at him being an “average” QB.

He needs to get paid and we will pay him.
The question is , should he get starter pay or MVP pay? I would tag him myself and let the new coach make the decision on what to do with Dak, but I think Jerry will force Dak on the the new coach along with a couple of coaches, which will prevent the changes this team needs.

khiladi

Reaction score
This is so ******** ...Did you ever play football
Your reasoning is childish.... when Cowboy's dominate lesser teams...Yeah Zeke and Oline!!! but Cowboys go against better teams it is Dak's fault we suck smh

I love the way Dak pads his stats against Playoff teams 75.5 QBR

"Cover 2 is prevent" lol... Yes in Madden.

See you week 16!

oh yeah, my reasoning is childish. Yet Dallas going 4 threes and outs of six drives with a pass to run ratio of 9 to 3 is all Zeke and the offenders lines fault. Forget Zeke, the first time Dak even gets sacked is midway to the third on a drive he passes THREE times and to you, not only are you complaining about Zeke, you said it’s the OL fault and Dak supposedly has no time.

And yes, prevent can be a form of cover 2 and affect our ‘success’ at against it, aka Bears game,‘waking garbage stats and that still has nothing did with the fact our RB is forcing one safety high man on the outside all game long with teams dating Dak to beat us.

Cowboys can’t win against average passing defenses. Cowboys haven’t won a single game against a winning team. This isn’t simply about “dominating” bad teams and Dak has had significant stretches of TRASH play against bad teams and the team blew up in the third quarter, but now that isn’t even happening because teams caught on the adjustments. Dak is back to years 2 and 3, when the third quarter droughts are rearing their head again.

Qcard

Reaction score
Buddy, we are talking about THIS year, the Rams giving him a 100 million dollar extension.. He’s been awful to the point Rams fans were turning on weeks ago. He’s actually been mediocre since the last half of last season and completely and utterly sucked in the SB, I don’t think he passed mis field even once.

Remember, attention to details..
Again attention to Detail son.....

You never talk about Franchise QBs yea or nay based on ONE Season (12 games) to exact.

You need a prolonged sample size that fueled by Wins/Losses

Attention to Detail Sir!

Qcard

Reaction score
oh yeah, my reasoning is childish. Yet Dallas going 4 threes and outs of six drives with a pass to run ratio of 9 to 3 is all Zeke and the offenders lines fault. Forget Zeke, the first time Dak even gets sacked is midway to the third on a drive he passes THREE times and to you, not only are you complaining about Zeke, you said it’s the OL fault and Dak supposedly has no time.

And yes, prevent can be a form of cover 2 and affect our ‘success’ at against it, aka Bears game,‘waking garbage stats and that still has nothing did with the fact our RB is forcing one safety high man on the outside all game long with teams dating Dak to beat us.

Cowboys can’t win against average passing defenses. Cowboys haven’t won a single game against a winning team. This isn’t simply about “dominating” bad teams and Dak has had significant stretches of TRASH play against bad teams and the team blew up in the third quarter, but now that isn’t even happening because teams caught on the adjustments. Dak is back to years 2 and 3, when the third quarter droughts are rearing their head again.
Yep only a child determines there overall well being based on present circumstances. ..that is your interpretation of circumstances

khiladi

Reaction score
The question is , should he get starter pay or MVP pay? I would tag him myself and let the new coach make the decision on what to do with Dak, but I think Jerry will force Dak on the the new coach along with a couple of coaches, which will prevent the changes this team needs.

These guys are hilarious. Which Dak critics on this forum says he was MVP? We’ve been saying he’s beating up scrub teams and been surrounded by talent against bum teams. It’s the Dak homers that say his roster is trash and ridiculous claims like his blocking sucks When he can’t perform or it’s Zeke’s fault because he’s ‘chubby’ and the defense blows.

khiladi

Reaction score
Again attention to Detail son.....

You never talk about Franchise QBs yea or nay based on ONE Season (12 games) to exact.

You need a prolonged sample size that fueled by Wins/Losses

Attention to Detail Sir!

You were WRONG buddy. Just admit it. Goff has been playing like garbage with the innovate HC you were just praising last post but has been crap for about the time the Cowboys got Cooper. You were blaming his past issues on coaching and other issues.

The real attention to detail is how much you continually flip flop after getting owned.

Dak is a turd and has been over the course of 4 years, longer than Goff.

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
Yep only a child determines there overall well being based on present circumstances. ..that is your interpretation of circumstances

Your posts are starting to be as off as Dak’s throws behind the WR back on short routes...

Last edited:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You were WRONG buddy. Just admit it. Goff has been playing like garbage with the innovate HC you were just praising last game but has been crap for about the time the Cowboys got Cooper. You were blaming his past issues on coaching and other issues.

The real attention to detail is how much you continually flip flop after getting owned.

Dak is a turd and has been over the course of 4 years, longer than Goff.
Your hatred and idiocy knows no bounds. The internet tough guy is quite old.

jnday

Reaction score
These guys are hilarious. Which Dak critics on this forum says he was MVP? We’ve been saying he’s beating up scrub teams and been surrounded by talent against bum teams. It’s the Dak homers that say his roster is trash and ridiculous claims like his blocking sucks When he can’t perform or it’s Zeke’s fault because he’s ‘chubby’ and the defense blows.
Don’t you remember the Brady comparisons and the MVP talk?
I didn’t even want Dak in Dallas myself, but Jerry has been fooled like some of these posters on this board into believing that Dak is a great QB. Several on posters on here would pay his $40 million a year. I don’t think he is worth $20 a year myself. This is going to be a stinker of an offseason anyway it goes.