Dak is not better than Foles

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Well Foles is a Superbowl winning QB. Dak has 2016 and "potential." So given that he's the new age golden child, he automatically gets paid more.

Potential is worth more to Jerry than results.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have been on the Prescott bandwagon since his first preseason game against the Seahawks. I have watched Nick Foles. I've never seen him go on a 50-plus yard Drive. If it wasn't for Darren Sproles Eagles wouldn't even be in the playoffs

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You don't have to convince me, @Wood

22 million per year for a proven playoff winning QB who can make all the throws and we're about to hand 25-30 million per to a guy who can't throw an out route.

They say Foles is a system QB. Maybe that's true but that means he can play in a certain system. Prescott can't play in any system. It's never going to change. Every week will be about overcoming his sloppy sandlot football in hopes of making a play at the end to win an ugly game. That's the Prescott era and we're about to sign off for another half decade of it.

THAT will be the biggest mistake of this offseason, not sitting out this first day of free agency.

Go Cowboys.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
gary hogeboom did too.. chad hutchins..qunicy carter.... lmao... big deal
So did Randall Cunningham. But most important so did Rodger Staubach Troy Aikman and Tony Romo everybody I mentioned was signed to long-term deals. I think there's a big difference there

glimmerman

Reaction score
Without a doubt. And the Broncos wish they hadn’t drafted him. Turned out to be a dud.
There is a bunch of qb drafted every year are duds. No guarantees that these players talents will translate to the NFL. Especially at the qb position.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
lmao so Dak is as good as Troy, Roger and Romo..:facepalm:
Right now he has better statistics, then all three of them yes. And he's only in his third season . Look I know Prescott is still learning on the job training but I believe the kid is a winner. I no longer have those expectations of failure I trust in him when the game is on the line and he has come through what people don't realize from the first snap to the last snap everything in between is called football. It's how you win the game not how you start it

SSoup

Reaction score
Foles is much more dangerous than Dak. He has an good arm and can make all the throws. We've seen what happens when Foles gets hot. He out gunned Brady when it counted most. Dak doesn't have the physical tools that Foles has.
It's not really remotely factual to say Foles out-gunned Brady. Brady was the better QB that game. 505 yards compared to 387. But, okay, what do yards mean? So how about 10+ yards per attempt compared to only 8. Or a clean 3-to-0 TD to INT ratio compared to a 3-to-1. Or a 115 passer rating compared to 106.

He didn't out-gun Brady in any sense of the term. But even if you hadn't lied about that career-highlight night.... the rest of his career stats still tell a different story about him.

Foles has a career passer rating 8 points lower than Dak's. And in the most recent season, Dak's regular season and postseason passer ratings were better. Foles posted a passer rating of 70.6 in the playoffs this year. Yikes.

The stats don't lie. Nick is flat-out simultaneously worse and older than Dak. So of course his contract figure has nothing to do with what a better, younger guy is going to receive.

This thread's premise is wrong and dumb.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There is a bunch of qb drafted every year are duds. No guarantees that these players talents will translate to the NFL. Especially at the qb position.
I think we should draft a quarterback every single season. You never know what you're going to get in the late rounds

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's not really remotely factual to say Foles out-gunned Brady. Brady was the better QB that game. 505 yards compared to 387. But, okay, what do yards mean? So how about 10+ yards per attempt compared to only 8. Or a clean 3-to-0 TD to INT ratio compared to a 3-to-1. Or a 115 passer rating compared to 106.

He didn't out-gun Brady in any sense of the term. But even if you hadn't lied about that career-highlight night.... the rest of his career stats still tell a different story about him.

Foles has a career passer rating 8 points lower than Dak's. And in the most recent season, Dak's regular season and postseason passer ratings were better. Foles posted a passer rating of 70.6 in the playoffs this year. Yikes.

The stats don't lie. Nick is flat-out simultaneously worse and older than Dak. So of course his contract figure has nothing to do with what a better, younger guy is going to receive.

This thread's premise is wrong and dumb.
I think people forget Nick Foles had a sure interception dropped late in the fourth quarter. Patriots should have won that game. Nick Foles is an interception machine he proved it in this year's playoffs

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think people forget Nick Foles had a sure interception dropped late in the fourth quarter. Patriots should have won that game. Nick Foles is an interception machine he proved it in this year's playoffs

Foles had one great run in his life, thats it. Otherwise he has been suspect.

Personally , I take Dak every day all day, but I know I will get flack from the haters. Hard to argue a SB ring.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
You don't have to convince me, @Wood

22 million per year for a proven playoff winning QB who can make all the throws and we're about to hand 25-30 million per to a guy who can't throw an out route.

They say Foles is a system QB. Maybe that's true but that means he can play in a certain system. Prescott can't play in any system. It's never going to change. Every week will be about overcoming his sloppy sandlot football in hopes of making a play at the end to win an ugly game. That's the Prescott era and we're about to sign off for another half decade of it.

THAT will be the biggest mistake of this offseason, not sitting out this first day of free agency.

Go Cowboys.

The thing about Foles is the Rams and Chiefs had him in as a backup after his first Philly stint and he was ready to retire when the Eagles called him to hold the clipboard again.

And if Carson Wentz didn't get hurt Foles' magic postseason run of 2017 never happens.

Maybe the Jaguars just made a monumental mistake; who knows? He won't have the weapons around him he had with the Eagles, I know that much.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Foles had one great run in his life, thats it. Otherwise he has been suspect.

Personally , I take Dak every day all day, but I know I will get flack from the haters. Hard to argue a SB ring.
I don't know how people can't remember. Cowboys have owned Nick Foles throughout his career. Go Cowboys go Prescott