Twitter: Dak is now frontrunner in odds for MVP

J12B

Reaction score
Which makes no sense to me. Purdy has a 117 rating and beat both Hurts and Dak.

To me, he is the front runner.
It helps when you throw 8 yard crossing routes and your Wide Receiver, like Deebo Samuel, takes it to the house for another 50 yards.

Purdy has been great, but he's got the easiest QB job in the league with the talent around him and system he's in.

Ken

Reaction score
It helps when you throw 8 yard crossing routes and your Wide Receiver, like Deebo Samuel, takes it to the house for another 50 yards.

Purdy has been great, but he's got the easiest QB job in the league with the talent around him and system he's in.
I mean, yeah, but their offense didn't do this with their other qbs.

He makes it all work. I can't knock that, the guy is really, really good.

Proof

Reaction score

probably just acknowledging he's a system guy. very impressive, but also easy to discount. imo

phildadon86

Reaction score

They also went on a 3 game losing streak against really bad teams when Williams went out.

MVPs from what I read here will their teams to victory under those circumstances. No excuses. Or is that ONLY for the QB of the Cowboys?

Proof

Reaction score

other qb's didn't have mccaffrey.

Sydla

Reaction score

Purdy actually rates higher in yards per attempt, air yards per completion, air yards per attempt.

The notion he's just dumping it off and the WRs are doing the rest isn't backed up by stats. Purdy is no different in that regard to Prescott. You can make the case for either for MVP at this point, but as Ken said, Purdy outplayed Dak when they faced off so.............. if both finish the season playing like they are, and they give it to Purdy, I can hardly quibble with giving it to a guy who likely is the QB of the #1 seed and had one of the best statistical years amongst top QBs.

Sydla

Reaction score
Not sure what you mean here. Are you suggesting i am not that smart?
Because you weren't blowing smoke up a Cowboy's butt, you are hater in Rockport's eyes. Because you think Purdy is likely more deserving at this point than Dak, you are either a miserable fan or an opposing fan posing as a Cowboys fan in Rockport's world.

Pay him no mind.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

And he’s a second year QB. I know there is no rule about that, but damn. Impressive. Great career in store for that young man. Unfortunately,

Reactions: Ken

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

Some around here are going to be VERY mad when Purdy wins it over Dak.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

The reason why is Purdy's team is stacked and his yards are from the YAC. His weapons are hurting him.

Not only that but Dak has more touchdowns....does a QB rating outweigh touchdowns? Not sure.

Reactions: Ken

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
The reason why is Purdy's team is stacked and his yards are from the YAC. His weapons are hurting him.

Not only that but Dak has more touchdowns....does a QB rating outweigh touchdowns? Not sure.
Dak's receivers get a ton of YAC as well.