Twitter: Dak is now frontrunner in odds for MVP

Yobwocs

Reaction score
He gets 2 more automatic yards PER play than Dak. :omg:

2022-01-28-14.png

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't know if Dak will get MVP but clearly he has earned the right to be in discussion for the award. In past years people claimed him as. Bus driver and now with a lack of running game the burden has been put on Dak to carry this offense and has. He has the most TD passes in the league and the best TD to int ratio. I can't say others are not worthy of it but as I said I can make a legitimate argument as to why he should. Frankly Dak is the most criticized player in the NFL even Stephen A Smith has said this, as he said we talk about Josh Allen and others but no one cares outside the fan base Dak on the other hand gets the attention good and bad by friend an foe alike

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
probably just acknowledging he's a system guy. very impressive, but also easy to discount. imo
This doesn't even make sense to me. Shannahan has been coaching SF since 2017, and he hasn't been able to just throw in any QB and get them to play as well as Purdy.

Every QB plays in a system, and the teams are supposed to try and fit that system to the QB playing in it. That's not unique to SF. The "system" doesn't make the reads or throw the passes,

I would think differently if this were the NCAA and it was some college gimmick like a run & shoot designed to rack up passing stats, but it's not. They just happen to have a coach with a good offensive mind and players with enough talent to carry out the plan. Obviously Purdy is one of those players.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
As well as Dak is playing it’s going to be difficult for him to win MVP if the Cowboys don’t win the NFC East. Being a wildcard team is probably going to hurt his chances.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak's receivers get a ton of YAC as well.
You don't think Deebo, Aiyuk and McCaffrey get a lot of yards after the catch? And Kittle gets more than most TE's. And the reality is, part of a QB playing well is to get the ball to receivers in a position where they can gain yards after the catch.

For now, I think Purdy has, and should have, the edge, but a lot will depend on how things work out in the remaining regular season games. Cowboys have a tough remaining schedule, and if Dak can play at a high level in those games things could turn in his favor.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Very likely they’ll just give it to whoever wins the NFC. The main reason Hurts is a candidate to begin with
When do they announce it though. I don’t remember. I guess because I never pay much attention to it when announced.
Since only one Dallas player ever won it. And none lately was even close to winning it.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
When do they announce it though. I don’t remember. I guess because I never pay much attention to it when announced.
Since only one Dallas player ever won it. And none lately was even close to winning it.
The weekend of the SB, at the NFL Honors event

nobody

Reaction score
It should be a close race. It could go either way.
It all depends on these last games, but if it came down to similar performances in the final games, Purdy sadly should win given how they played in their head to head matchup. We can hope Dak balls out and Purdy stumbles (for many reasons)

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It all depends on these last games, but if it came down to similar performances in the final games, Purdy sadly should win given how they played in their head to head matchup. We can hope Dak balls out and Purdy stumbles (for many reasons)
Luckily the voters don’t seem to share your stance. Purdy is looked at as a product of his environment, being surrounded by the Avengers. That’s why Dak is the betting favorite

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I hope Dak gets MVP but I also understand all these players being talked about as MVP are candidates because they are having great seasons worthy of MVP. Hell the fact that Dak is in the running should end talk of being a bad QB

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Jordan Love > Brock Purdy

Green Bay is a team that relies solely on their QB. Put Purdy in Green Bay and he'll be benched faaaast, and wouldn't have nearly the support of the fanbase than Love initially had.