Twitter: Dak is now frontrunner in odds for MVP

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It all depends on these last games, but if it came down to similar performances in the final games, Purdy sadly should win given how they played in their head to head matchup. We can hope Dak balls out and Purdy stumbles (for many reasons)
Yeah I mean maybe I'd feel different if the shoe was on the other fit but I can't chose MVP based on how these two guys played each other's defenses. Cowboys defense was *** that game and 49ers was on point.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Yeah I mean maybe I'd feel different if the shoe was on the other fit but I can't chose MVP based on how these two guys played each other's defenses. Cowboys defense was *** that game and 49ers was on point.
If people see it as close, that is how 49 out of the 50 voters will make their determination. And they'd be right to. The 50th Philly reporter will vote for Hurts. Lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If people see it as close, that is how 49 out of the 50 voters will make their determination. And they'd be right to. The 50th Philly reporter will vote for Hurts. Lol.
They probably would. I'm just saying me personally I can't do that. To me MVP is the most valuable player on the team. If I had to vote I'd give my votes to McCaffery and I wonder would McCaffery and Purdy split some votes. That ultimately could screw him.

I'm a homer. Always riding with the home team. He has a better passer rating than Dak but Dak has more touchdowns. So I'd ask the voters is passer rating more important than points scored?

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
And of course you lie to try to knock Dak. The Cowboys are in the bottom 5 in the league at YAC. You are a joke
Do you like sniffing Dak's underwear or something? All that separates Dak's receivers from Purdy's is 1.9 yards per play. That's it.

Geebus, get your head out of his butt already.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Do you like sniffing Dak's underwear or something? All that separates Dak's receivers from Purdy's is 1.9 yards per play. That's it.

Damn man are you ever happy? I don't think I've ever seen you post something positive on this site. Why do you think that is?

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Angry old man because I’m exposing your lies. Let your grudge with the man go

Ken

Reaction score
Tommy Devito is already better than Daniel Jones....and it isn't even close.

Giants will not be auto wins for Philly.

nobody

Reaction score
Luckily the voters don’t seem to share your stance. Purdy is looked at as a product of his environment, being surrounded by the Avengers. That’s why Dak is the betting favorite
Fair enough. I'm happy for Dak if he wins it, but it's not important to me. I'm a Cowboys fan first. Him winning it doesn't help them get a SB. Fortunately it seems like things have changed and we're seeing a focused Dak and team. If anything, him winning it will hurt the team. How often do MVP QB's win the SB in the same year? Add in the upcoming contract negotiation. But the man is balling out and deserves the props.

nobody

Reaction score
They probably would. I'm just saying me personally I can't do that. To me MVP is the most valuable player on the team. If I had to vote I'd give my votes to McCaffery and I wonder would McCaffery and Purdy split some votes. That ultimately could screw him.

I'm a homer. Always riding with the home team. He has a better passer rating than Dak but Dak has more touchdowns. So I'd ask the voters is passer rating more important than points scored?
At the end of the day, it's about who helped their team secure that 1st round bye in the playoffs that matters more than passer rating or TD's, but TD's is more important than passer rating -if- interceptions don't exceed TD's and that's not the case here. :) but I think you misspoke. You said MVP is most valuable player on the team. In this case, don't you mean MVP of any player in the league to their team? Otherwise there would be 32 MVPs.

Don't get me wrong, Dak's making a huge case for himself and deserves credit

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
At the end of the day, it's about who helped their team secure that 1st round bye in the playoffs that matters more than passer rating or TD's, but TD's is more important than passer rating -if- interceptions don't exceed TD's and that's not the case here. :) but I think you misspoke. You said MVP is most valuable player on the team. In this case, don't you mean MVP of any player in the league to their team? Otherwise there would be 32 MVPs.

Don't get me wrong, Dak's making a huge case for himself and deserves credit
I mean most valuable player on an actual contender. I’d honestly say CMac is more important than Purdy right now.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Fair enough. I'm happy for Dak if he wins it, but it's not important to me. I'm a Cowboys fan first. Him winning it doesn't help them get a SB. Fortunately it seems like things have changed and we're seeing a focused Dak and team. If anything, him winning it will hurt the team. How often do MVP QB's win the SB in the same year? Add in the upcoming contract negotiation. But the man is balling out and deserves the props.
Baby steps though lol. I’d take a conference championship and if Dak wins MVP that tells me he’s peaking at the right time.

plasticman

Reaction score
Purdy and Dak are ranked #1 and #2 in just about every category.

Which one had the greater challenge?

plymkr

Reaction score

Actually as hard as I have been in Dak I’m really hoping he gets it. He’s been playing really well since the bye.

I’m cautiously optimistic he can be the playoffs MVP. If he does that we can win it all. I really believe if Dak plays at this level in the playoffs we can go toe to toe with anyone, including the “invincible” 49ers.

plymkr

Reaction score
Baby steps though lol. I’d take a conference championship and if Dak wins MVP that tells me he’s peaking at the right time.
I think that’s an important point. Dak has traditionally peaked in the early to middle of the season and fallen off in December and especially in the playoffs. I think he might be peaking at the right time, December and January. This could be huge. If he went through his slump part of the season were he looks lost and confused and overwhelmed in September and October. And to be fair he did look lost and overwhelmed at that time. If he flips his slump time of year to the beginning and his peak to now then we’re in really good. I feel the staunchest Dak “hater” has to admit that he is lit right now and a force to be reckoned with. I hope and believe he’s going to keep this up.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Dak should be MVP. Purdy is close, but Dak is much more valuable.

Also, Dak has been the best player on the field in every game since the Charger game. And it isn't really all that close. He has been incredible. Much deserved by the way- Dak has been an awesome QB for a long time and about time people are realizing.

Swagger

Reaction score
The two key games look to be 49ers vs Ravens and Cowboys vs Bills.

silvernblu

Reaction score
It is like a light bulb went off now that we have a real offense.

I apologize to Dak for being critical. It wasn’t his fault.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean here. Are you suggesting i am not that smart?
If you can't figure that out then maybe you aren't. Sometimes it's better to remain silent when among people who think you are dumb rather than opening your mouth and removing all doubt. ;)