Dak is still my guy; stop blaming everything on him

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Let's observe what occurred in 2022 vs San Fran.

Yes, Dak threw a costly 2nd interception and that sucked (and I was even about to give up on him at that moment) but then so did Mahomes in the Super Bowl. And got stopped on 4th and inches from his own 10.

On those 2 drives almost looking surely like SF could've blew the game open....KC defense allows 0 points.

Cowboys defense played well overall vs SF but Mahomes and Dak had basically the same game against SF outside of the final OT drive. It was against the same team too. This should tell you everyone struggles against SAN Francisco at this critical moment of the season.

The issue was more on SFs only TD drive, things fell apart on that drive. Defense overall played well, but we had ultimate selfish me-me Diggs letting that INT fall right thru his breadbasket - and his nonchalant, non self chastising attitude afterwards like he doesnt care as long as hes paid. He could've knocked the Kittle catch loose, but he didn't even try. Why not get a McDuffie or Snead who are cheaper, better coached, and make critical plays at critical times? If you let SF have 2 extra opportunities, you get exactly what you deserved.

Fastforward 2023. Vs Green Bay at 14-0 fine. But the 3rd TD should've been stopped. Gilmore looked like he didn't know who he was supposed to cover on that 3rd TD given up. That should've been 3 instead of 7...you don't give up plays that easily. Bland gave up some dumb routes. Bell hasnt looked the same since the Buffalo game, like the wind got knocked out of his sails. Clark is just an average LB and you can't roll into the playoffs with such paltry linebackers. I get it Overshown and Vander Esch were injured, but where was the healthy Parsons? A step short and a 2nd late. Would anyone still take Parsons over Chris Jones? Everytime I open a Parsons thread here before January, people say Parsons is better. You watched the 2 Super Bowls vs San Fran and the Championship game against the Bengals.....and you'd still take Parsons??? Lol.

The defense did not improve in the 2nd half. So yes, I blame very little of Green Bay on Dak. The defense was never gonna stop sucking in order for an comeback to materialize.

In '22 you can blame a lot of it on Dak and I agree he needed one more drive and that didnt happen, but overall hes still a Top 3 QB in the league. I'm taking him over everyone except Mahomes and Burrow. Lots of sites have him in the Top 3. Certainly Top 5 based on last year. Why should I not believe what I see? Why should I not trust official publications? Why should I listen to loudmouth fans instead?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Yes, Dak threw a costly 2nd interception and that sucked (and I was even about to give up on him at that moment) but then so did Mahomes in the Super Bowl. And got stopped on 4th and inches from his own 10.

On those 2 drives almost looking surely like SF could've blew the game open....KC defense allows 0 points.

Cowboys defense played well overall vs SF but Mahomes and Dak had basically the same game against SF outside of the final OT drive. It was against the same team too. This should tell you everyone struggles against SAN Francisco at this critical moment of the season.

The issue was more on SFs only TD drive, things fell apart on that drive. Defense overall played well, but we had ultimate selfish me-me Diggs letting that INT fall right thru his breadbasket - and his nonchalant, non self chastising attitude afterwards like he doesnt care as long as hes paid. He could've knocked the Kittle catch loose, but he didn't even try. Why not get a McDuffie or Snead who are cheaper, better coached, and make critical plays at critical times? If you let SF have 2 extra opportunities, you get exactly what you deserved.

Fastforward 2023. Vs Green Bay at 14-0 fine. But the 3rd TD should've been stopped. Gilmore looked like he didn't know who he was supposed to cover on that 3rd TD given up. That should've been 3 instead of 7...you don't give up plays that easily. Bland gave up some dumb routes. Bell hasnt looked the same since the Buffalo game, like the wind got knocked out of his sails. Clark is just an average LB and you can't roll into the playoffs with such paltry linebackers. I get it Overshown and Vander Esch were injured, but where was the healthy Parsons? A step short and a 2nd late. Would anyone still take Parsons over Chris Jones? Everytime I open a Parsons thread here before January, people say Parsons is better. You watched the 2 Super Bowls vs San Fran and the Championship game against the Bengals.....and you'd still take Parsons??? Lol.

The defense did not improve in the 2nd half. So yes, I blame very little of Green Bay on Dak. The defense was never gonna stop sucking in order for an comeback to materialize.

In '22 you can blame a lot of it on Dak and I agree he needed one more drive and that didnt happen, but overall hes still a Top 3 QB in the league. I'm taking him over everyone except Mahomes and Burrow. Lots of sites have him in the Top 3. Certainly Top 5 based on last year. Why should I not believe what I see? Why should I not trust official publications? Why should I listen to loudmouth fans instead?
This might be brilliant satire.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score

I won't blame everything on him. But alot. It's not about that one game. it's about the last 7 years (not counting his rookie year). He's definitely not my guy. Not since the KC game '21. There are way too many other bus drivers out there who could get us a winning season and a one and out in the play offs. Don't need a 50+mil guy for that.

And don't you forget what you've said here, if they do advance further into the play offs for a change. It was the team then. He just drove the bus.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

In the GB game dak gave up 14 points on int's, and only scored 3 points in 1st half.
The defense was not good, but neither was dak and the whole offense.

So basically your saying dak is the guy, the qb good enough to get to a SB?
But if he needs a better roster to do that, the irony is he wants so much money they can never afford to do that !
So that leaves you with a 60 mil per year qb, who cant get it done without a outstanding roster, which they cant afford to give him, as he wants too much $ !! lol

What you dont understand is many of us dont think dak is a bad qb, he just wants too much money.
There are other cheaper options which are the smarter option.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak was annihalated by the 49ers THIS year and had loads of practice against them. Instead of taking the next step, he sucked even more.

The last two drives against SF, Mahomes leads the 49ers to a FG to tie the game and then has a game winning TD in OT, AFTER the 49ers scored a FG. He went 7-7 and had a 19 yard scramble that was insane. The Chiefs were down 10-3 and Mahomes led them 22 points in the second half. Unless Dak is playing out in front, he’s contributing by throwing pick 6s.

Mahomes was the MVP of the playoffs and is either in the conference championship or SB every year. He’s won with mediocre defenses and great defenses.

Please never post again.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Dak was annihalated by the 49ers THIS year and had loads of practice against them. Instead of taking the next step, he sucked even more.

The last two drives against SF, Mahomes leads the 49ers to a FG to tie the game and then has a game winning TD in OT, AFTER the 49ers scored a FG. He went 7-7 and had a 19 yard scramble that was insane. The Chiefs were down 10-3 and Mahomes led them 22 points in the second half. Unless Dak is playing out in front, he’s contributing by throwing pick 6s.

Mahomes was the MVP of the playoffs and is either in the conference championship or SB every year. He’s won with mediocre defenses and great defenses.

Please never post again.
How did he have loads of practice against the 49ers? He just asks them to come over and practice and theyll oblige him and give him a real time football experience? You're speaking thru your nose LOL.

And dont condescendingly tell me not to post again.

Mahomes and Dak are not comparable overall. But Mahomes has a far far superior defense. 6 points until 2:30 left in the 3rd quarter....I guess that jarring statline does nothing for you. Nothing you can do about a biased Dak hater.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

This post is a perfect example of what happens when you watch games with blinders on your head.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Listen to your hero tell it like it is bud................
GD2pNvFbcAAF9LF

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
As someone whose both defended dak a lot and given him blame when it’s due, a suggestion is to never start a post that defends him with comparisons to mahomes.

Mahomes is one of one.
I've had some people here tell me Dak was better than Mahomes last year because stats. It's like a cult, rational thought is not going to work.