Dak is still my guy; stop blaming everything on him

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I laugh when they call this Trash QB a leader of men.
He gets beat down twice vs the Niners in back-to-back years in the playoffs and then goes to SF and instead of motivating and leading his men for some payback gets beat down again 42-10.
Leader :muttley: .............................of ineptness at its finest!!!

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
He gets beat down twice vs the Niners in back-to-back years in the playoffs and then goes to SF and instead of motivating and leading his men for some payback gets beat down again 42-10.
when he gets his masters in workforce leadership you'll change your mind. go dakie

khiladi

Reaction score
How did he have loads of practice against the 49ers? He just asks them to come over and practice and theyll oblige him and give him a real time football experience? You're speaking thru your nose LOL.

And dont condescendingly tell me not to post again.

Mahomes and Dak are not comparable overall. But Mahomes has a far far superior defense. 6 points until 2:30 left in the 3rd quarter....I guess that jarring statline does nothing for you. Nothing you can do about a biased Dak hater.
Far superior defense?

The Eagles put up 35 the year beside against the Chiefs 16th ranked defense. They allowed 36 against the Bills the year prior and 27 against the Bengals. They allowed 31 against TB in the SB the year prior, when Mahomes lost his LT in the playoffs. They allowed 37 to the Patriots on Mahomes first SB. Guess what? There are going to be multiple games when shoot-outs happen and the QB has to go toe-to-toe with his opponent under center on the other side. That’s what the greats do year in and year out. Beating up on teams with Daniel Jones under center with an awful OL is the height of Dak’s accomplishment..

Dallas had the numbers 1 ranked scoring defense and 1 ranked TO defense the last years before this season, when they were 5th.

Dak has lost to the 49ers and Purdy 3 times runninh and the last time he played them, they got walloped just as bad as they did by the Packers.

Now tell me, how many yards rushing did Pacheco get against them 49ers defense? And what is Dak’s record when his rushing game doesn’t notch at least 100 yards a game? And where does Mahomes lie in that category of QBs when his rushers don’t notch 100 yards?

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
Looked like a deer in the headlights when they Packers took away Lamb and Lamb was sitting there looking at his QB like he was an idiot…

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak was incredible once gb back ups entered the game
Which proves the exact opposite of what his fanboys think about him:

He should have been out the game, for his backup. But he wanted to pad his stats against back-ups playing simplified defenses, not the schemes that the first team defense was playing, to make his awful game look more respectable. Then France can point to his QB rating during contract negotiations.

Last edited:

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Let's observe what occurred in 2022 vs San Fran.

Yes, Dak threw a costly 2nd interception and that sucked (and I was even about to give up on him at that moment) but then so did Mahomes in the Super Bowl. And got stopped on 4th and inches from his own 10.

On those 2 drives almost looking surely like SF could've blew the game open....KC defense allows 0 points.

Cowboys defense played well overall vs SF but Mahomes and Dak had basically the same game against SF outside of the final OT drive. It was against the same team too. This should tell you everyone struggles against SAN Francisco at this critical moment of the season.

The issue was more on SFs only TD drive, things fell apart on that drive. Defense overall played well, but we had ultimate selfish me-me Diggs letting that INT fall right thru his breadbasket - and his nonchalant, non self chastising attitude afterwards like he doesnt care as long as hes paid. He could've knocked the Kittle catch loose, but he didn't even try. Why not get a McDuffie or Snead who are cheaper, better coached, and make critical plays at critical times? If you let SF have 2 extra opportunities, you get exactly what you deserved.

Fastforward 2023. Vs Green Bay at 14-0 fine. But the 3rd TD should've been stopped. Gilmore looked like he didn't know who he was supposed to cover on that 3rd TD given up. That should've been 3 instead of 7...you don't give up plays that easily. Bland gave up some dumb routes. Bell hasnt looked the same since the Buffalo game, like the wind got knocked out of his sails. Clark is just an average LB and you can't roll into the playoffs with such paltry linebackers. I get it Overshown and Vander Esch were injured, but where was the healthy Parsons? A step short and a 2nd late. Would anyone still take Parsons over Chris Jones? Everytime I open a Parsons thread here before January, people say Parsons is better. You watched the 2 Super Bowls vs San Fran and the Championship game against the Bengals.....and you'd still take Parsons??? Lol.

The defense did not improve in the 2nd half. So yes, I blame very little of Green Bay on Dak. The defense was never gonna stop sucking in order for an comeback to materialize.

In '22 you can blame a lot of it on Dak and I agree he needed one more drive and that didnt happen, but overall hes still a Top 3 QB in the league. I'm taking him over everyone except Mahomes and Burrow. Lots of sites have him in the Top 3. Certainly Top 5 based on last year. Why should I not believe what I see? Why should I not trust official publications? Why should I listen to loudmouth fans instead?
Well you’re gonna be crying into a beer listening to “Neon Moon” pretty soon. I feel for you, man.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Let's observe what occurred in 2022 vs San Fran.

Yes, Dak threw a costly 2nd interception and that sucked (and I was even about to give up on him at that moment) but then so did Mahomes in the Super Bowl. And got stopped on 4th and inches from his own 10.

On those 2 drives almost looking surely like SF could've blew the game open....KC defense allows 0 points.

Cowboys defense played well overall vs SF but Mahomes and Dak had basically the same game against SF outside of the final OT drive. It was against the same team too. This should tell you everyone struggles against SAN Francisco at this critical moment of the season.

The issue was more on SFs only TD drive, things fell apart on that drive. Defense overall played well, but we had ultimate selfish me-me Diggs letting that INT fall right thru his breadbasket - and his nonchalant, non self chastising attitude afterwards like he doesnt care as long as hes paid. He could've knocked the Kittle catch loose, but he didn't even try. Why not get a McDuffie or Snead who are cheaper, better coached, and make critical plays at critical times? If you let SF have 2 extra opportunities, you get exactly what you deserved.

Fastforward 2023. Vs Green Bay at 14-0 fine. But the 3rd TD should've been stopped. Gilmore looked like he didn't know who he was supposed to cover on that 3rd TD given up. That should've been 3 instead of 7...you don't give up plays that easily. Bland gave up some dumb routes. Bell hasnt looked the same since the Buffalo game, like the wind got knocked out of his sails. Clark is just an average LB and you can't roll into the playoffs with such paltry linebackers. I get it Overshown and Vander Esch were injured, but where was the healthy Parsons? A step short and a 2nd late. Would anyone still take Parsons over Chris Jones? Everytime I open a Parsons thread here before January, people say Parsons is better. You watched the 2 Super Bowls vs San Fran and the Championship game against the Bengals.....and you'd still take Parsons??? Lol.

The defense did not improve in the 2nd half. So yes, I blame very little of Green Bay on Dak. The defense was never gonna stop sucking in order for an comeback to materialize.

In '22 you can blame a lot of it on Dak and I agree he needed one more drive and that didnt happen, but overall hes still a Top 3 QB in the league. I'm taking him over everyone except Mahomes and Burrow. Lots of sites have him in the Top 3. Certainly Top 5 based on last year. Why should I not believe what I see? Why should I not trust official publications? Why should I listen to loudmouth fans instead?
Enjoy your last season of Dak as a Cowboy.

May you follow him to his new team next season.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak still playing down 40 something to 16 with like 6 minutes to play in the game, after getting absolutely annihilated, tells you all you need to know about him…. The fact he started “throwing accurately” and moving the chains proves nothing was “wrong with him”.

The guy is a pretender that only knows how to play when things are going perfect.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Well you’re gonna be crying into a beer listening to “Neon Moon” pretty soon. I feel for you, man.
I'm just a guy with my own points of view, man. Dont make a big deal out of it.

This board seems to be a clique of all band around and knock the QB but reality doesnt follow this board. Irl there are still tons of Dak fans left. Altho they've been lessening more and more after the last 2 playoff games. But still, even if they're not Dak fans, they nowhere near come up with the kinda crap i read here. or they're just lazy internet comments most of which are just stupid.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m almost certainly convinced that all of these “Dak-excusers” must be Dak/family/friends and/or those dependent on his effectively exorbitant compensation.
Some are paid employees of Todd France's PR. Dept.
Gotta be...........others well it's not football that concerns them other factors are in play there.
They have till December and then most will be leaving us to wherever their man crush ends up.

khiladi

Reaction score
Some are paid employees of Todd France's PR. Dept.
Gotta be...........others well it's not football that concerns them other factors are in play there.
They have till December and then most will be leaving us to wherever their man crush ends up.
"I'm excited to see it, honestly," Prescott said. "I don't know. I can't say I've had talks with him about what is all-in and how he plans on making those moves, but, yeah, let's see and I'm excited for it."

https://amp.foxsports.com/stories/n...tract-situation-with-cowboys-will-be-resolved

Let’s be real. Is this how a FO talks to an actual elite QB? Is this the type of relationship they develop with them?

“We don’t care about your opinion enough to ask you..”

Havic

Reaction score
Which proves the exact opposite of what his fanboys think about him:

He should have been out the game, for his backup. But he wanted to pad his stats against back-ups playing simplified defenses, not the schemes that the first team defense was playing, to make his awful game look more respectable. Then France can point to his QB rating during contract negotiations.

Even though that’s true it looks even worse to sit your qb in a playoff game

Cmac

Reaction score
I love how easy these folks make the block list. Dak is not entirely to blame but he is the first piece of trash that needs removal for this team to improve. Can't prop him up with an undeserved albatross contract.
There it is......a Fall Guy criteria......player gets paid. CeeDee & Parson will soon make the Fall Guy list, if they don't get out of here. Wait for it.

khiladi

Reaction score
Even though that’s true it looks even worse to sit your qb in a playoff game
Not really, as you are acknowledging the game is over and if he was truly your franchise QB, you’d want to protect him from potential injury in, what has now become meaningless minutes. Especially when the opposing team has pulled all their starters.

Staley was slammed for keeping Herbert, with his rib cartilage fracture, in the game in a blowout loss to the Jaguars this year.

glimmerman

Reaction score
It’s a team game. If we lose in playoffs it’s Daks performance. If we win the SB then it’s a team game. Some people don’t care for Dak as our QB. Was the same with Romo. Will be the same with the next QB. Until this TEAM wins a SB it won’t stop. I want to win a SB. Watching the team play with Dak in his rookie year I saw a talented player that could get it done. It’s taken a few years after a nasty injury to look like he is ready to run with the ball again. Not as effective and he doesn’t have the same O-Line he had in 2016. Nor does he have the run game. He is a QB that needs perhaps more talent around him than others. There are very few brady type QBs that can strap a team to his back and win.

Redline360

Reaction score
If you blame very little on Dak for that GB loss you can't be taken seriously....

Gave them 14pts off his INTs
Took Dallas out of FG range since he never throws the ball away.

(IF) the defense holds out in the best case scenario it could have been 13-10 at halftime. Completely different game. But lets be real the way the defense was playing let's just assume GB scores one more time if there was no turnovers. Could have been 20-10 at worse.

Now our 40m quarterback could have turned around and scored on our opening drive also. Dallas forced a punt next GB series and we have the opportunity to take the lead or at least put 3 fn points on the board. Slows the momentum greatly or we take the lead and it's completely different game.

Now look at his post season history losses.
GB vs Dallas 2016: Down two scores or TD + 2pt conversion at half. Down 3 scores entering the 4th....Defense was bad but typical Dak did work in the 4th when game was already out of hand. Had one good series in the first 3 quarters. Team played like crap overall

Rams...he played decent overall but we got gashed so bad in the run game it became laughable.

Niners games....Defense did its job and the offense failed miserably

GB....see above. Everyone sucked

Every playoff loss we have been down at half and entering the 4th sometimes by multiple scores. He's been historically bad

Last edited: