Dak is still my guy; stop blaming everything on him

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
leave-him-alone-chris-crocker.png

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Early in his career they were saying he was better than Brady and already approaching GOAT status. They deny it now .... but it was prevalent when they could excuse away everything.
Do you remember what was being said when Dak was injured back in 2020? He was on pace for the greatest season EVER !! Like he was really going to keep up that pace after the cupcake schedule they had for the first 4 games.

Interesting tidbit from the 2020 season - guess who Andy Dalton beat 41-33 on December 20? The SF 49ers. Dallas hasn't beaten them since.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
As respectfully as possible, I just can't understand anyone watching him play for 8 years and not realizing how flawed he is as a QB. To say he's only behind Mahomes & Burrow ....... is mind boggling.
I don’t think it’s about his play at this point. His play is impossible to defend 8 years in.

It’s more about refusing to admit you were wrong when you’ve spent so much time and energy thinking you were right. They’re in too deep to turn back now. They are committed to going down with the ship.

And OPs avatar says they’re a Dak girl. So maybe OP thinks he’s cute and that outweighs the suck.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Let's observe what occurred in 2022 vs San Fran.

Yes, Dak threw a costly 2nd interception and that sucked (and I was even about to give up on him at that moment) but then so did Mahomes in the Super Bowl. And got stopped on 4th and inches from his own 10.

On those 2 drives almost looking surely like SF could've blew the game open....KC defense allows 0 points.

Cowboys defense played well overall vs SF but Mahomes and Dak had basically the same game against SF outside of the final OT drive. It was against the same team too. This should tell you everyone struggles against SAN Francisco at this critical moment of the season.

The issue was more on SFs only TD drive, things fell apart on that drive. Defense overall played well, but we had ultimate selfish me-me Diggs letting that INT fall right thru his breadbasket - and his nonchalant, non self chastising attitude afterwards like he doesnt care as long as hes paid. He could've knocked the Kittle catch loose, but he didn't even try. Why not get a McDuffie or Snead who are cheaper, better coached, and make critical plays at critical times? If you let SF have 2 extra opportunities, you get exactly what you deserved.

Fastforward 2023. Vs Green Bay at 14-0 fine. But the 3rd TD should've been stopped. Gilmore looked like he didn't know who he was supposed to cover on that 3rd TD given up. That should've been 3 instead of 7...you don't give up plays that easily. Bland gave up some dumb routes. Bell hasnt looked the same since the Buffalo game, like the wind got knocked out of his sails. Clark is just an average LB and you can't roll into the playoffs with such paltry linebackers. I get it Overshown and Vander Esch were injured, but where was the healthy Parsons? A step short and a 2nd late. Would anyone still take Parsons over Chris Jones? Everytime I open a Parsons thread here before January, people say Parsons is better. You watched the 2 Super Bowls vs San Fran and the Championship game against the Bengals.....and you'd still take Parsons??? Lol.

The defense did not improve in the 2nd half. So yes, I blame very little of Green Bay on Dak. The defense was never gonna stop sucking in order for an comeback to materialize.

In '22 you can blame a lot of it on Dak and I agree he needed one more drive and that didnt happen, but overall hes still a Top 3 QB in the league. I'm taking him over everyone except Mahomes and Burrow. Lots of sites have him in the Top 3. Certainly Top 5 based on last year. Why should I not believe what I see? Why should I not trust official publications? Why should I listen to loudmouth fans instead?
he's YOUR GUY, doesn't mean that he has to be OUR guy!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I laugh when they call this Trash QB a leader of men.
He gets beat down twice vs the Niners in back-to-back years in the playoffs and then goes to SF and instead of motivating and leading his men for some payback gets beat down again 42-10.
Leader :muttley: .............................of ineptness at its finest!!!
I wish you would stop bashing Dak, you never change your position its obvious you don't like him, you're so negative, how could you continue to bash our savior of men, our king, our prince of men?? He has great STATS every year, and you and the others bash him, you never Love on him, or bring him flowers!!

All this bashing, and "who are we going to replace him with???" (I hear this in my sleep daily!) lol

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I wish you would stop bashing Dak, you never change your position its obvious you don't like him, you're so negative, how could you continue to bash our savior of men, our king, our prince of men?? He has great STATS every year, and you and the others bash him, you never Love on him, or bring him flowers!!

All this bashing, and "who are we going to replace him with???" (I hear this in my sleep daily!) lol
That's it, we're done with Pappy. OFF WITH HIS HEAD !!!!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I called a truce between me and Dak right before the 1st Niners playoff loss.
He failed to live up to his side of the bargain year after year after year, after year.
See the PAPPY ain't impressed with wins against dog teams (like his Dakdavidians) the PAPPY wants SB # 6 or at least to compete and not the DEER in the Headlights dance of shame from him esp against real teams.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s about his play at this point. His play is impossible to defend 8 years in.

It’s more about refusing to admit you were wrong when you’ve spent so much time and energy thinking you were right. They’re in too deep to turn back now. They are committed to going down with the ship.

And OPs avatar says they’re a Dak girl. So maybe OP thinks he’s cute and that outweighs the suck.
I didn't pay any attention to the avatar. Good catch.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I called a truce between me and Dak right before the 1st Niners playoff loss.
He failed to live up to his side of the bargain year after year after year, after year.
See the PAPPY ain't impressed with wins against dog teams (like his Dakdavidians) the PAPPY wants SB # 6 or at least to compete and not the DEER in the Headlights dance of shame from him esp against real teams.
But..he was gold against the bucs in that one playoff game. Soooo....

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s a team game. If we lose in playoffs it’s Daks performance. If we win the SB then it’s a team game. Some people don’t care for Dak as our QB. Was the same with Romo. Will be the same with the next QB. Until this TEAM wins a SB it won’t stop. I want to win a SB. Watching the team play with Dak in his rookie year I saw a talented player that could get it done. It’s taken a few years after a nasty injury to look like he is ready to run with the ball again. Not as effective and he doesn’t have the same O-Line he had in 2016. Nor does he have the run game. He is a QB that needs perhaps more talent around him than others. There are very few brady type QBs that can strap a team to his back and win.
Im still trying to find even just one person that blames only dak.

I dont get why some people have to make up lies.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Let's observe what occurred in 2022 vs San Fran.

Yes, Dak threw a costly 2nd interception and that sucked (and I was even about to give up on him at that moment) but then so did Mahomes in the Super Bowl. And got stopped on 4th and inches from his own 10.

On those 2 drives almost looking surely like SF could've blew the game open....KC defense allows 0 points.

Cowboys defense played well overall vs SF but Mahomes and Dak had basically the same game against SF outside of the final OT drive. It was against the same team too. This should tell you everyone struggles against SAN Francisco at this critical moment of the season.

The issue was more on SFs only TD drive, things fell apart on that drive. Defense overall played well, but we had ultimate selfish me-me Diggs letting that INT fall right thru his breadbasket - and his nonchalant, non self chastising attitude afterwards like he doesnt care as long as hes paid. He could've knocked the Kittle catch loose, but he didn't even try. Why not get a McDuffie or Snead who are cheaper, better coached, and make critical plays at critical times? If you let SF have 2 extra opportunities, you get exactly what you deserved.

Fastforward 2023. Vs Green Bay at 14-0 fine. But the 3rd TD should've been stopped. Gilmore looked like he didn't know who he was supposed to cover on that 3rd TD given up. That should've been 3 instead of 7...you don't give up plays that easily. Bland gave up some dumb routes. Bell hasnt looked the same since the Buffalo game, like the wind got knocked out of his sails. Clark is just an average LB and you can't roll into the playoffs with such paltry linebackers. I get it Overshown and Vander Esch were injured, but where was the healthy Parsons? A step short and a 2nd late. Would anyone still take Parsons over Chris Jones? Everytime I open a Parsons thread here before January, people say Parsons is better. You watched the 2 Super Bowls vs San Fran and the Championship game against the Bengals.....and you'd still take Parsons??? Lol.

The defense did not improve in the 2nd half. So yes, I blame very little of Green Bay on Dak. The defense was never gonna stop sucking in order for an comeback to materialize.

In '22 you can blame a lot of it on Dak and I agree he needed one more drive and that didnt happen, but overall hes still a Top 3 QB in the league. I'm taking him over everyone except Mahomes and Burrow. Lots of sites have him in the Top 3. Certainly Top 5 based on last year. Why should I not believe what I see? Why should I not trust official publications? Why should I listen to loudmouth fans instead?
Post of the year..