Dak is still my guy; stop blaming everything on him

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Man, 26 pages of back and forth over Dak.:facepalm:

Look, Dak is not the worst QB in the league and he is not the best QB in the league either. As with most things in life, the truth lies in the middle.

Dak is a good, not great, QB. If you surround him with enough talent, he can win you a lot of games.

The problem is that Dak is wanting to be paid like he is Mahomes when he actually is Kirk Cousins.

That is the issue here. See, you can think Dak is a good QB and at the same time think $60 million is too much to pay him, these are not mutually exclusive positions. They can both be true at the same time. I would imagine that if Dak would accept $45 a year like Cousins just signed for, the vast majority of this board would not have a problem resigning him.
wait. are you surprised? there are 1483 threads that have 183727 pages, and 42834572 comments.

it doesn't get old. same stuff. over and over. same thing. nothing new.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Man, 26 pages of back and forth over Dak.:facepalm:

Look, Dak is not the worst QB in the league and he is not the best QB in the league either. As with most things in life, the truth lies in the middle.

Dak is a good, not great, QB. If you surround him with enough talent, he can win you a lot of games.

The problem is that Dak is wanting to be paid like he is Mahomes when he actually is Kirk Cousins.

That is the issue here. See, you can think Dak is a good QB and at the same time think $60 million is too much to pay him, these are not mutually exclusive positions. They can both be true at the same time. I would imagine that if Dak would accept $45 a year like Cousins just signed for, the vast majority of this board would not have a problem resigning him.
Been saying this for years! You can be in the middle on many issues with this team and be right. There is a lot of “meh” around the squad. Good, not great

Motorola

Reaction score
wait. are you surprised? there are 1483 threads that have 183727 pages, and 42834572 comments.

it doesn't get old. same stuff. over and over. same thing. nothing new.
Been saying this for years! You can be in the middle on many issues with this team and be right. There is a lot of “meh” around the squad. Good, not great
As long as Prescott is QB for the Cowboys, there will be threads ad nauseam here at Cowboys Zone - and at all the other websites that support \ follow the team.

nobody

Reaction score
So beating the Eagles to claim the division was a "small game?" Damn near beating them AND the refs at Philly earlier in the year? The playoff game at Tampa last season was a "small game?" I know I know, we won so it couldn't have been. Same with beating Detroit to lay claim to the 2 seed. Tiny game right? Can we dispense with this "big game" nonsense once and for all. You guys classify any game we lose a "big game" and any game we win as "didn't really matter" or "the other team wasn't trying." Get the hell outta here with that nonsense. Dak has played extremely well in some big games but you people keep parroting this same tired trope about how "he never shows up in big games." It's hardly worth arguing at this point. So I won't.
Choking in the playoffs three years in a row isn't enough for proof for you. There's always an excuse. Yeah, the Tampa Game was big, but it was against a team that made the playoffs with a LOSING RECORD.. but you Dak stats fans never acknowledge that. Everyone knows Tampa wasn't the team it had been the year before.

What happens when the played the 49ers right after? oh yeah, Dak wet the bed. The defense held the prolific 49ers to 19 points that game. Tell me how many the Cowboys scored? Oh yeah, 12. 3 years in a row, man. Few people dispute Dak is a very good regular season QB. I think he excels at that. I'm talking about the playoffs....and he's a choke artist in those since his ankle injury with the only exception being against a team that had no business being in the playoffs.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
All you have to do is read the names on the left side there. You don;t even have to read the comments anymore.
we can make a spreadsheet of the names and the 5 things each of them says, over and over and over and over and over and over again. then just post it and be done with it. perhaps pin it at the top and that just saves ton of commenting.