Dak is still my guy; stop blaming everything on him

blueblood70

Reaction score
if you want my attention, be interesting.
Well therein lies the problem, I am not a sheep, I am not joining your team ,

I am not trying to impress you nor trying to be interesting...

I'm telling you the truth, I'm giving you facts, you don't like it because I'm not on board with your little torch and pitchfork crowd that just want to be negative about your team..

no I'm not on that train, I will discuss and debate results, not opinions..

THE results will end in February, they don't end two weeks into free agency,

so why don't you take your egomaniacal personality somewhere else you don't impress me at all I don't need or want your attention...

Last edited:

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

I'm telling you the truth, I'm giving you facts, you don't like it because I'm not on board with your little torch and pitchfork crowd that just want to be negative about your team..

so why don't you take your egomaniacal personality somewhere else you don't impress me at all I don't need or want your attention...
then why do you keep replying when i keep telling you i don't read your drivel?

im telling YOU the truth and you don't like it so you rant and rave about how evil i am.

great. im evil. im whatever you need me to be.

move on.

blueblood70

Reaction score
then why do you keep replying when i keep telling you i don't read your drivel?

im telling YOU the truth and you don't like it so you rant and rave about how evil i am.

great. im evil. im whatever you need me to be.

move on.
yup moved on...lmao

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
That is the shortest post you have ever made.
I doubt that there's a handful there just straight up emojis... But yes when it's an ending and putting somebody on ignore yeah it just needed to be short...lol

RonnieT24

Reaction score
That was a group of morons organized by a loudmouth radio host who wanted them to draft Ricky Williams. The vast majority of Eagles fans see McNabb for what he was, a great QB who couldn’t get it done. Even when he had TO he still choked in the end. You can convince yourself that Dak just needs better this, better that, in the end he’ll do the same.
This isn't fair because McNabb had to play the Super Bowl run mostly without T.O. and the version of T.O. that came back for the Super Bowl was simply not as good as the one who had played the regular season because of the injury. The same thing happened to him and Romo in '07. T.O.'s bum wheel probably cost the Cowboys a Super Bowl trip that year.

But to your point about Dak maybe never getting it done. You may be right.. but I think Dak has two advantages over McNabb.. 1) He's a more consistently accurate passer and 2) He's mentally tougher. At least I think he is but I do wish he would quit sitting on the sideline all cool and calm while the team is crapping the bed.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score

Ironic coming from the guy who writes novels based on his opinions.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Funny how these multiple thread pages go.

There will be five pages of arguments debunking one thing, the next five debunking another....and then in the same thread on like page 15 it starts back with arguments using points that have been debunked already in the first 10 pages of the same thread.

Just a trashy cycle.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
For the sake of this board...I hope Jerry hires Big Bill next offseason.

I like MM a lot, too.

Hiring Bill will leave the negative crowd with absolutely nothing left to gripe about if Cowboys fail.

Bill is the Drill Sargant this board creams for.

Bill has like 50 years experience.

Bill is considered a Defensive Guru.

Our Defense would/should be running optimally due to Bill's input. The offense should have a lot of kinks removed due to Bill's knowledge.

Bill seems to play the game the way all these posters hate on Jerry for not doing. It would be the perfect OK Coral scenario for which school of thought is best.

Unfortunately this is all by design so the system wont create that situation...it needs to have an out so it can keep being negative.

shabazz

Reaction score
For the sake of this board...I hope Jerry hires Big Bill next offseason.

I like MM a lot, too.

Hiring Bill will leave the negative crowd with absolutely nothing left to gripe about if Cowboys fail.

Bill is the Drill Sargant this board creams for.

Bill has like 50 years experience.

Bill is considered a Defensive Guru.

Our Defense would/should be running optimally due to Bill's input. The offense should have a lot of kinks removed due to Bill's knowledge.

Bill seems to play the game the way all these posters hate on Jerry for not doing. It would be the perfect OK Coral scenario for which school of thought is best.

Unfortunately this is all by design so the system wont create that situation...it needs to have an out so it can keep being negative.
If it means that a pedestrian team like the Cardinals won't run all over us for 225 yards, so be it

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's not true Danny white had an upside down touchdown interception ratio in the playoffs pretty close to even in the regular season he wasn't that good he was picked up by a team the team choked along with Prescott they did not bring a strong run game they did not have a physical offensive line did not have a great defense they have nothing in these games we're losing we're losing as a team it's not who he is it is a fact that there's a lot of moving pieces in the NFL it only takes a couple to ruin the game not doing their jobs like 14 penalties...

Interceptions happen Matthew Stafford led the league in interceptions his Super Bowl year with the Rams he had two interceptions in the Super bowl he explained how they won the game??

I literally saw Troy throw interceptions a lot in the playoffs and in regular season games we don't remember them because the team picked him up and they won despite the quarterback not playing perfectly....

I've seen this so many times I don't know how people are so blind to it you can I suck Tom Brady throw 3 interceptions in the NFC championship games in his first year with the Buccaneers guess what they won the game they didn't cry about the quarterback making mistakes and that he had to be perfect or they were going to give up power and lose the game...

How about the 49ers the exact same playoff series they literally were down at halftime much like the Cowboys they had a terrible first half what their defense special teams and overall team do they stepped up big game Brock Purdy in that offense time to catch up they came back from their deficit what did our defense do they gave up three straight touchdowns to start the second-half you're asking your quarterback to play a perfect game to win is the problem that's what fans expect that they want him to not make a mistake in order to win and I get it we hope to limit the mistakes but quarterbacks are human just like all the other parts of the team when they don't block well when they don't run well when they don't pass rush well you know like we don't see some of our biggest names getting sacks in the biggest moments where are all these interceptions that we were getting in the regular season from these guys like diggs and bland but they're not getting them when they hit him in the hands in the playoffs they drop them!!!

. I mean 2 playoffs ago we saw Josh Allen have 3 turnovers 1 fumble rolled out of bounds he would have had four and they won that game we watched Trevor Lawrence throw 4 interceptions in a game in the playoffs and the team found a way to win the game not have their fan base and their teammates turn on them and say we're just gonna let you drown and we're gonna leave you on an island and make you look like the person who lost the game...

If you look at it with an open mind and a lot of perspective you'd see we're losing these games because the rest of the team breaks down and you're expecting your quarterback to play perfectly that's not how it works.../ I would love Prescott to have a run game and an offensive line like Troy and Roger had Troy and Roger were never asked to carry a team and yet they threw a lot of interceptions yes in the playoffs they threw a lot of interceptions and Danny white was even worse I've never seen him man be propped up because he went to three straight NFC championship games and lost his stats were terrible... And yet I see a post on here a few weeks ago about Danny white being underrated really he was one of the reasons they lost the games he threw a lot of interceptions ohh and it's Prescott they blame him when it's Danny white they find excuses for him... I will take Prescott and Romo over Danny white any day of the week and I don't think Danny white was a bad quarterback but he is overrated he's literally wasn't the reason they were making NFC championship games they were covering up his mistakes because he was on a great team...

In the playoffs Tony Romo and Prescott's teammates have played some of their worst games... That's a fact I haven't seen one game where you can go look and say the rest of the team played really good and well enough to win but Prescott lost the game no this last game they started out down seven points because their defense looked like that from the first snap to the last what if this defense would have finally got it figured out made enough stops and let them try to make a comeback much like the 49ers did yes they were down by the same score at halftime they were playing just as bad in the first half and their team found a way to turn it around that would be team spelled TE AM not spelled quarterback...
pnzJTq3.gif

blueblood70

Reaction score
Ironic coming from the guy who writes novels based on his opinions.
For the 100th time, I do not type I use Talk to text, and for the thousandth time if any of you believe any of my stuff even becomes anywhere near novel levels,

you have never read a book!!! maybe you ought to go pick a real book or hell even an e-book type in novel and let me know how many pages it is,,

the stuff I write would barely be the first page of a novel, if that...

I realize that most of y'all have the attention span of a Gnat and even though this isn't Twitter, and this is not Facebook, it's a full forum ,

where lots of people write longer than normal social media responses you still have a problem you think it's a novel and IM I'm saying it's a long thought...

I get it, in the future I'll try to use more emoticons, drawings ,and memes... so you understand better ,i know you need help.:muttley::facepalm::lmao:.

nobody

Reaction score
This isn't fair because McNabb had to play the Super Bowl run mostly without T.O. and the version of T.O. that came back for the Super Bowl was simply not as good as the one who had played the regular season because of the injury. The same thing happened to him and Romo in '07. T.O.'s bum wheel probably cost the Cowboys a Super Bowl trip that year.

But to your point about Dak maybe never getting it done. You may be right.. but I think Dak has two advantages over McNabb.. 1) He's a more consistently accurate passer and 2) He's mentally tougher. At least I think he is but I do wish he would quit sitting on the sideline all cool and calm while the team is crapping the bed.
I think your mentally tougher argument strains credulity...because Dak's choked in the playoffs three years in a row. That doesn't show mental toughness. He WAS mentally tougher until his ankle injury. Now? He's a basket case in most big games.

vig454

Reaction score
Let's observe what occurred in 2022 vs San Fran.

Yes, Dak threw a costly 2nd interception and that sucked (and I was even about to give up on him at that moment) but then so did Mahomes in the Super Bowl. And got stopped on 4th and inches from his own 10.

On those 2 drives almost looking surely like SF could've blew the game open....KC defense allows 0 points.

Cowboys defense played well overall vs SF but Mahomes and Dak had basically the same game against SF outside of the final OT drive. It was against the same team too. This should tell you everyone struggles against SAN Francisco at this critical moment of the season.

The issue was more on SFs only TD drive, things fell apart on that drive. Defense overall played well, but we had ultimate selfish me-me Diggs letting that INT fall right thru his breadbasket - and his nonchalant, non self chastising attitude afterwards like he doesnt care as long as hes paid. He could've knocked the Kittle catch loose, but he didn't even try. Why not get a McDuffie or Snead who are cheaper, better coached, and make critical plays at critical times? If you let SF have 2 extra opportunities, you get exactly what you deserved.

Fastforward 2023. Vs Green Bay at 14-0 fine. But the 3rd TD should've been stopped. Gilmore looked like he didn't know who he was supposed to cover on that 3rd TD given up. That should've been 3 instead of 7...you don't give up plays that easily. Bland gave up some dumb routes. Bell hasnt looked the same since the Buffalo game, like the wind got knocked out of his sails. Clark is just an average LB and you can't roll into the playoffs with such paltry linebackers. I get it Overshown and Vander Esch were injured, but where was the healthy Parsons? A step short and a 2nd late. Would anyone still take Parsons over Chris Jones? Everytime I open a Parsons thread here before January, people say Parsons is better. You watched the 2 Super Bowls vs San Fran and the Championship game against the Bengals.....and you'd still take Parsons??? Lol.

The defense did not improve in the 2nd half. So yes, I blame very little of Green Bay on Dak. The defense was never gonna stop sucking in order for an comeback to materialize.

In '22 you can blame a lot of it on Dak and I agree he needed one more drive and that didnt happen, but overall hes still a Top 3 QB in the league. I'm taking him over everyone except Mahomes and Burrow. Lots of sites have him in the Top 3. Certainly Top 5 based on last year. Why should I not believe what I see? Why should I not trust official publications? Why should I listen to loudmouth fans instead?
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Dak sucks and we all know it. He can't win big games.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score

Yes, Dak threw a costly 2nd interception and that sucked (and I was even about to give up on him at that moment) but then so did Mahomes in the Super Bowl. And got stopped on 4th and inches from his own 10.

On those 2 drives almost looking surely like SF could've blew the game open....KC defense allows 0 points.

Cowboys defense played well overall vs SF but Mahomes and Dak had basically the same game against SF outside of the final OT drive. It was against the same team too. This should tell you everyone struggles against SAN Francisco at this critical moment of the season.

The issue was more on SFs only TD drive, things fell apart on that drive. Defense overall played well, but we had ultimate selfish me-me Diggs letting that INT fall right thru his breadbasket - and his nonchalant, non self chastising attitude afterwards like he doesnt care as long as hes paid. He could've knocked the Kittle catch loose, but he didn't even try. Why not get a McDuffie or Snead who are cheaper, better coached, and make critical plays at critical times? If you let SF have 2 extra opportunities, you get exactly what you deserved.

Fastforward 2023. Vs Green Bay at 14-0 fine. But the 3rd TD should've been stopped. Gilmore looked like he didn't know who he was supposed to cover on that 3rd TD given up. That should've been 3 instead of 7...you don't give up plays that easily. Bland gave up some dumb routes. Bell hasnt looked the same since the Buffalo game, like the wind got knocked out of his sails. Clark is just an average LB and you can't roll into the playoffs with such paltry linebackers. I get it Overshown and Vander Esch were injured, but where was the healthy Parsons? A step short and a 2nd late. Would anyone still take Parsons over Chris Jones? Everytime I open a Parsons thread here before January, people say Parsons is better. You watched the 2 Super Bowls vs San Fran and the Championship game against the Bengals.....and you'd still take Parsons??? Lol.

The defense did not improve in the 2nd half. So yes, I blame very little of Green Bay on Dak. The defense was never gonna stop sucking in order for an comeback to materialize.

In '22 you can blame a lot of it on Dak and I agree he needed one more drive and that didnt happen, but overall hes still a Top 3 QB in the league. I'm taking him over everyone except Mahomes and Burrow. Lots of sites have him in the Top 3. Certainly Top 5 based on last year. Why should I not believe what I see? Why should I not trust official publications? Why should I listen to loudmouth fans instead?
Dak is still your top guy because you are now

Yeah whatever. The only reason Dak is still your top guy is because you are immune to mediocrity.

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, how is Dak mentally tougher than McFlabb?
Yeah, such a weird comment to make considering Dak looks completely lost and starts sweating like a pig the second he's facing a good defense. And as we all know, it gets even worse in the playoffs -- terrible body language, deer in the headlights look, costly mistakes, no composure whatsoever. Guy's a mental midget through and through.