Dak is still the best QB in the division

jwitten82

Reaction score
Look I'm not the biggest Dak fan, you can look at my history. I think if Dallas doesn't at least reach a championship game, then Dak and this coaching staff need to go, and no I don't want Quinn as a HC either.

So back to QB
Giants- Jones will most likely not be a starter next year, Terry Bradshaw was throwing for more tds in the 70s, and I'm serious, I looked it up lol. Giants made a huge mistake in signing him

Washington - Howell is another backup, enough said

Eagles - The eagles are a talented team, had two number one receivers and a top oline and Hurts is underperforming big time, 7td and 7 ints is horrible. Yes he made it to a Superbowl, while surrounded by a better team/organization,but I don't think if we were to switch qbs that our situation would be better, matter of fact I think we have at least one more loss. Dak as a passer is better than Hurts, not impressed with Hurts 22 pass tds last season either.

Also not a popular opinion, but yea Id still take Dak over Purdy. He like Hurts, is surrounded by talent, and if they start losing that talent I do not expect Purdy to be the one to elevate that team. Still not sold on Purdy

Honestly, haven't been that impressed with Dak this season either, but I think he gives us a better chance as strictly a passer than the qbs mentioned above. Come at me bros

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Look I'm not the biggest Dak fan, you can look at my history. I think if Dallas doesn't at least reach a championship game, then Dak and this coaching staff need to go, and no I don't want Quinn as a HC either.

So back to QB
Giants- Jones will most likely not be a starter next year, Terry Bradshaw was throwing for more tds in the 70s, and I'm serious, I looked it up lol. Giants made a huge mistake in signing him

Eagles - The eagles are a talented team, had two number one receivers and a top oline and Hurts is underperforming big time, 7td and 7 ints is horrible. Yes he made it to a Superbowl, while surrounded by a better team/organization,but I don't think if we were to switch qbs that our situation would be better, matter of fact I think we have at least one more loss. Dak as a passer is better than Hurts, not impressed with Hurts 22 pass tds last season either.

Also not a popular opinion, but yea Id still take Dak over Purdy. He like Hurts, is surrounded by talent, and if they start losing that talent I do not expect Purdy to be the one to elevate that team. Still not sold on Purdy

Honestly, haven't been that impressed with Dak this season either, but I think he gives us a better chance as strictly a passer than the qbs mentioned above. Come at me bros
You trying to stoke the fire of the fake Cowboys/Eagle fans? Don’t talk about Jalen.:angry:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
our defense gave up 42 to Purdy but holds Herbert to 10 if it weren't for a flukey muffed punt.

Who in their right mind takes Purdy over Herbert?
Purdy was 10-0 until the loss last week. He’s put up slightly better numbers than Justin Herbert and he wins games unlike Herbert who’s 27-27 as a starting QB. I think Herbert is overrated based on his numbers and big arm. No one has to be crazy to take Purdy over Herbert based off what we’ve seen of the two QBs the past season and a half. Granted Herbert has a better pedigree, but the wins aren’t coming with him.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Purdy was 10-0 until the loss last week. He’s put up slightly better numbers than Justin Herbert and he wins games unlike Herbert who’s 27-27 as a starting QB. I think Herbert is overrated based on his numbers and big arm. No one has to be crazy to take Purdy over Herbert based off what we’ve seen of the two QBs the past season and a half. Granted Herbert has a better pedigree, but the wins aren’t coming with him.
Very first time I’ve ever replied to one of my posts. :oops: I’ll argue with myself. If you put Justin Herbert on the 49ers, maybe he’s lighting it up even better than Purdy. If you put more talent around Herbert, the wins will likely come or so you would think. If Brock Purdy was the QB of a lesser team than San Francisco, such as the Chargers maybe he would have been exposed and benched. The 49ers have a system that seems to work with multiple QBs. Even Trey Lance was 2-2 in his only starts. Matt Stafford couldn’t win anything in Detroit but during his very first season on a loaded Rams team, he wins the Super Bowl. Practically everyone has Justin Herbert as one of the top five QBs in the league, but again it’s based on his numbers and big arm. It would be an interesting poll to see what QB fans would take Brock Purdy, or Justin Herbert, based off the past two seasons. We’ll have to stay tuned to see if last week’s poor performance by Purdy exposed him and he starts looking like Mr. irrelevant or he gets back on track.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I would take Dak over Hurts as well. Hurts has so many players around him enabling him... league's best OL, top 5 WR AJ Brown, Devonta Smith, Goedert....

If you put Dak on the Eagles, he would pillage and burn. If you put Hurts in this Madden Easy Mode offense, he would be a league average QB at best.

Daniel Jones is a Dalton Line QB, where you are terrified to pay him but don't know who you would replace him with. His nonfunctional OL is making him look worse than he is, but he's still not good. Howell is trash.

Dak at this point is very similar to Purdy. They're both immobile, low-velocity pocket QBs who rely on pre-snap smarts and accuracy to win. Purdy has some gamer in him though, whereas Dak has got very conservative and gun shy around pressure. I don't know who I'd pick there, but I am leaning towards Purdy.

Last edited:

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
I would take Dak over Hurts as well. Hurts has so many players around him enabling him... league's best OL, top 5 WR AJ Brown, Devonta Smith, Goedert....

If you put Dak on the Eagles, he would pillage and burn. If you put Hurts in this Madden Easy Mode offense, he would be a league average QB at best.

Daniel Jones is a Dalton Line QB, where you are terrified to pay him but don't know who you would replace him with. His nonfunctional OL is making him look worse than he is, but he's still not good. Howell is trash.

Dak at this point is very similar to Purdy. They're both immobile, low-velocity pocket QBs who rely on pre-snap smarts and accuracy to win. Purdy has some gamer in him though, whereas Dak has got very conservative and gun shy around pressure. I don't know who I'd pick there, but I am leaning towards Purdy.
Best post here hands down

btgboys41

Reaction score
NFL Executives rate Hurts higher. Did I do it right?

Hurts is better in my opinion. Dak is better than Howell clearly but I’d take Howell with the Cowboys at that salary over Dak at his if McCarthy plans to keep Dak in a training bra.

Dak blows the doors off of Jones. He sucks.

Jipper

Reaction score
I'd take Hurts over dak - this whole argument of he has more around him is fair but only to a point. Dak makes bad decisions and has been unable to get the team over the hump, hurts on the other hand had the eagles pretty close to another superbowl win.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Get real. Until he’s better than 31 other QBs, he’s a scrub.

cowboybish

Reaction score

So back to QB

Purdy is a better decision maker than Dak or Hurts or Herbert

blueblood70

Reaction score

So back to QB

well, you can use stats to back your points as bad as fans make it seem wit this new offense and all they talk about is RZ stats etc its all false league wide RZ scoring is down FGs are up

Daks overall stats are either better or stack up to any of those names you brought up including the 4-2 record not far off and yes they have far more talent. Proof they lose few of that talent and LOST!!

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'd take Hurts over dak - this whole argument of he has more around him is fair but only to a point. Dak makes bad decisions and has been unable to get the team over the hump, hurts on the other hand had the eagles pretty close to another superbowl win.
you mean the eagles GM loaded the team and got them closer to another super bowl...apparently you missed the point swing and miss! the Gm/ownership are far more aggressive and spend heavy than the DC and that's why they are SLIGHLY more successful, Proof took few of those off the team last week and both LOST!

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Daks overall stats are either better or stack up to any of those names you brought up including the 4-2 record not far off and yes they have far more talent. Proof they lose few of that talent and LOST!!
Will those stats matter when Dak and the rest of the team is sitting at home watching the NFCCG and super bowl again? I shouldn't have to question what the team is supposed to be playing for, but it seems some people think stats are more important than winning.