Dak is still the best QB in the division

LysleE

Reaction score
Stats don’t win Division or Conference championships; or even Super Bowls for that matter. The bottom line is that both players have played in an NFC championship with Hurts playing in the Super Bowl within their first 3 years in the NFL. Dak hasn’t even come close to an NFC championship game…Dak has been in the league for 8 years and sniffed a couple of wild-card games.
Having playmakers around the QB is but only one component…the QB still has to make the right reads and place the ball on-time and on target…play smart and consistent football. Thus far Dak has been unable to do this…and he has had talent around him as well: Zeke, Witten, Cooper, Lamb with good o-lines.

shabazz

Reaction score
Church of Hurts fans coming out of the woodwork now. :laugh:
The Church of Rayne requires that one cannot appreciate another teams skill players.

a gentle reminder that this isnt the 2021 season anymore…..since than one of them has been an MVP candidate and been to a SB, while the other has regressed to lead his team to the currently 17th ranked offense

Guess which quarterback leads his team to the currently #2 ranked offense……yup, Hurts.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Hurts is still the best Qb in the division and no HONEST person wouldn’t want to swap the two if they're a Cowboys fan
Believe me no Cowboy fan would pay Hurts 200 million guaranteed so I totally disagree. Hurts like Dak was great on a rookie salary but I can tell you right now his contract is a big mistake that the Eagles will regret.

shabazz

Reaction score
Believe me no Cowboy fan would pay Hurts 200 million guaranteed so I totally disagree. Hurts like Dak was great on a rookie salary but I can tell you right now his contract is a big mistake that the Eagles will regret.
Time will tell but just Hurts ability to move the ball with his legs is a far superior asset than we have here.

To put it into context, he would be the best rusher here if we signed him. He has shown that he can pass and that he is DURABLE…..at least so far

His ceiling is higher that our 40 million dollar man’s

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Time will tell but just Hurts ability to move the ball with his legs is a far superior asset than we have here.

To put it into context, he would be the best rusher here if we signed him. He has shown that he can pass and that he is DURABLE…..at least so far

His ceiling is higher that our 40 million dollar man’s
So you want your quarterback to be a running back? :huh:

Canada180

bannedontherun88
Reaction score
I would take Dak over Hurts as well. Hurts has so many players around him enabling him... league's best OL, top 5 WR AJ Brown, Devonta Smith, Goedert....

If you put Dak on the Eagles, he would pillage and burn. If you put Hurts in this Madden Easy Mode offense, he would be a league average QB at best.

Daniel Jones is a Dalton Line QB, where you are terrified to pay him but don't know who you would replace him with. His nonfunctional OL is making him look worse than he is, but he's still not good. Howell is trash.

Dak at this point is very similar to Purdy. They're both immobile, low-velocity pocket QBs who rely on pre-snap smarts and accuracy to win. Purdy has some gamer in him though, whereas Dak has got very conservative and gun shy around pressure. I don't know who I'd pick there, but I am leaning towards Purdy.
Dak...pre snap smarts and accurate. Hmmmmm

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Church of Rayne requires that one cannot appreciate another teams skill players.

a gentle reminder that this isnt the 2021 season anymore…..since than one of them has been an MVP candidate and been to a SB, while the other has regressed to lead his team to the currently 17th ranked offense

Guess which quarterback leads his team to the currently #2 ranked offense……yup, Hurts.
So I thought it was a team that reaches the SB. Guess the only players that can do that is a QB. 29 other QB's must have sucked as well along with ours.
Then oh, wait, hurts lost, so he sucks as well. I seen it many times on here. You are only good if you win a SB.

I am not defending Dak, as I am not 100% in on him. But he is our QB, so I will root for him. I am team over players. Would I want a change at QB, in the back of my head, yeah. But I am not going to be hate Dak root for losses over team either.
But I sure as hell don't want Hurts either as QB.

shabazz

Reaction score
So I thought it was a team that reaches the SB. Guess the only players that can do that is a QB. 29 other QB's must have sucked as well along with ours.
Then oh, wait, hurts lost, so he sucks as well. I seen it many times on here. You are only good if you win a SB.

I am not defending Dak, as I am not 100% in on him. But he is our QB, so I will root for him. I am team over players. Would I want a change at QB, in the back of my head, yeah. But I am not going to be hate Dak root for losses over team either.
But I sure as hell don't want Hurts either as QB.
I’m not sure what you don’t appreciate about Hurts? we all thought he couldn’t pass and then he proves all of us wrong by doing so when he received some good weapons.

As for a team getting him to a SB, he was a front runner for the MVP last year which is only about the player and not the team. Purdy is an example of a team rather than a Qb leading the way.

Even if we want to take last seasons performance away, Hurts is ahead of Dak in almost every conceivable quarterback metric. He’s just a more effective quarterback at this point in time.

In 2021, I’ve said that Dak was better but the season after that Hurts got weapons and became an effective passer to match his elite running .

Just an difference of opinion

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
lets see how Purdy does without McCaffrey after a few games. Purdy is good, but he is also a system QB, that relies on strong running game setting up passes. if the threat of run game is not there, teams will drop more into coverage and it makes it harder for him. so not judging, but against cleveland he folded.
The lack of a running game could affect his play. More of the load he has to shoulder could expose some of the flaws in his game.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not sure what you don’t appreciate about Hurts? we all thought he couldn’t pass and then he proves all of us wrong by doing so when he received some good weapons.

As for a team getting him to a SB, he was a front runner for the MVP last year which is only about the player and not the team. Purdy is an example of a team rather than a Qb leading the way.

Even if we want to take last seasons performance away, Hurts is ahead of Dak in almost every conceivable quarterback metric. He’s just a more effective quarterback at this point in time.

In 2021, I’ve said that Dak was better but the season after that Hurts got weapons and became an effective passer to match his elite running .

Just an difference of opinion
It is not that I don't appreciate Hurts and his play. I just think he is a little over rated. Put him on not such a talented team, offense and defense. He can't carry the team like many act like he can.
We know Dak can't, as his talent gets over rated all the time. I mean they have talent. But still lack something as a team. We have no one that can come up big when really needed consistently.

Nav22

Reaction score
our defense gave up 42 to Purdy but holds Herbert to 10 if it weren't for a flukey muffed punt.

Who in their right mind takes Purdy over Herbert?
Purdy's better than Herbert and will have the better career.

Write it down.

Nav22

Reaction score
Very first time I’ve ever replied to one of my posts. :oops: I’ll argue with myself. If you put Justin Herbert on the 49ers, maybe he’s lighting it up even better than Purdy. If you put more talent around Herbert, the wins will likely come or so you would think. If Brock Purdy was the QB of a lesser team than San Francisco, such as the Chargers maybe he would have been exposed and benched. The 49ers have a system that seems to work with multiple QBs. Even Trey Lance was 2-2 in his only starts. Matt Stafford couldn’t win anything in Detroit but during his very first season on a loaded Rams team, he wins the Super Bowl. Practically everyone has Justin Herbert as one of the top five QBs in the league, but again it’s based on his numbers and big arm. It would be an interesting poll to see what QB fans would take Brock Purdy, or Justin Herbert, based off the past two seasons. We’ll have to stay tuned to see if last week’s poor performance by Purdy exposed him and he starts looking like Mr. irrelevant or he gets back on track.
The supporting cast argument is a weak one, unless you're ready to dismiss the careers of Joe Montana and Troy Aikman entirely.

"Even Trey Lance went 2-2" - this actually kills your argument.

Lance was the #3 overall pick. If "anyone" could thrive in Shanahan's system with all these great players, why couldn't Lance???

And if "anyone" could do it, why did the 49ers even feel the need to trade up for a QB like Lance???

The QB's #1 job is to make the right decision with the football. Period.

Herbert has good talent around him as well. He's still the least clutch QB in football and his million dollar arm comes with a 10 cent brain. Give me Purdy over him every single day.