Dak is still the best QB in the division

BKBDAD

Reaction score
Look I'm not the biggest Dak fan, you can look at my history. I think if Dallas doesn't at least reach a championship game, then Dak and this coaching staff need to go, and no I don't want Quinn as a HC either.

So back to QB
Giants- Jones will most likely not be a starter next year, Terry Bradshaw was throwing for more tds in the 70s, and I'm serious, I looked it up lol. Giants made a huge mistake in signing him

Washington - Howell is another backup, enough said

Eagles - The eagles are a talented team, had two number one receivers and a top oline and Hurts is underperforming big time, 7td and 7 ints is horrible. Yes he made it to a Superbowl, while surrounded by a better team/organization,but I don't think if we were to switch qbs that our situation would be better, matter of fact I think we have at least one more loss. Dak as a passer is better than Hurts, not impressed with Hurts 22 pass tds last season either.

Also not a popular opinion, but yea Id still take Dak over Purdy. He like Hurts, is surrounded by talent, and if they start losing that talent I do not expect Purdy to be the one to elevate that team. Still not sold on Purdy

Honestly, haven't been that impressed with Dak this season either, but I think he gives us a better chance as strictly a passer than the qbs mentioned above. Come at me bros
You’re correct, Dak is probably the best QB or at least close with Hurts. This fact however is meaningless! The Cowboys haven’t been to a Super Bowl in 27 YEARS! Even I f we had the 2nd coming of the greatest Cowboy ever, Roger Staubach, it wouldn’t mean a hill of beans unless you lead your team to the promise land! Dak is in his 8th season and in those 8 years the Cowboys have a grand total of two Wild Card playoff wins! IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT WE THINK!! I’m tired of losing & Dak has been here for 8 years. Long enough!!
Look I'm not the biggest Dak fan, you can look at my history. I think if Dallas doesn't at least reach a championship game, then Dak and this coaching staff need to go, and no I don't want Quinn as a HC either.

So back to QB
Giants- Jones will most likely not be a starter next year, Terry Bradshaw was throwing for more tds in the 70s, and I'm serious, I looked it up lol. Giants made a huge mistake in signing him

Eagles - The eagles are a talented team, had two number one receivers and a top oline and Hurts is underperforming big time, 7td and 7 ints is horrible. Yes he made it to a Superbowl, while surrounded by a better team/organization,but I don't think if we were to switch qbs that our situation would be better, matter of fact I think we have at least one more loss. Dak as a passer is better than Hurts, not impressed with Hurts 22 pass tds last season either.

Also not a popular opinion, but yea Id still take Dak over Purdy. He like Hurts, is surrounded by talent, and if they start losing that talent I do not expect Purdy to be the one to elevate that team. Still not sold on Purdy

Honestly, haven't been that impressed with Dak this season either, but I think he gives us a better chance as strictly a passer than the qbs mentioned above. Come at me bros

Swagger

Reaction score
why so much Dak Hate?....he just had a great game.....if we dont feel ourselves this week we pretty good spot....
Did you watch the Cowboys against the 49ers in the play offs over the past two years?

The Cowboys have been the far superior team over the past two games - defense dominating in particular. Any starting QB

Hurts was key to the Eagles' offense scoring 38 points with the defense giving up 31 points and completing a big comeback in the process.

He was also key to the Eagles beating the Colts this season.

Yes, he made a mistake and cost the Eagles the game against the Jets but the Jets D also did the same the Josh Allen. They are a different animal at home. The Cowboys D obliterated the Jets' D and handed the game on a plate to the offense.

Objectively speaking, the Cowboys have a stronger overall roster than the Eagles. They should win but I think the Eagles will get it done unfortunately with Hurts being the superior QB.

Before Prescott fans respond...just think about the Superbowl last season and run through the memory bank to the last time Prescott had to carry the offense in a shootout and put up 35 points in a big play off game against a quarterback like Mahomes on an explosive offense...the answer is never.

Until Prescott puts up serious numbers and beats a legit team like the 49ers in a big game in the play offs then he should pipe down and stay in his box.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Plenty of people would debate that.
What comes to mind is our D line against Philly's O line. Dak against Philly's porous secondary. If we win those matchups, and we should, we win the game.
Porous, they just made all these big trades for the defense.. they still got those names from the super bowl so let's stop the porous talk.

by the way their defensive line is better than our offensive line... by the way they're offensive line is better than our offensive line... they are playing at home they clearly are the Faves..we will have opt pay harder and cleaner to win this game. lest hope the zebras dont decide to treat us like MIA and hep the beagles!!

Swagger

Reaction score
Porous, they just made all these big trades for the defense.. they still got those names from the super bowl so let's stop the porous talk.

by the way their defensive line is better than our offensive line... by the way they're offensive line is better than our offensive line... they are playing at home they clearly are the Faves..we will have opt pay harder and cleaner to win this game. lest hope the zebras dont decide to treat us like MIA and hep the beagles!!
Cowboys have the better defense and I think by a fair margin. Take away the box score stats and actually judge it on reality (e.g., just gave up 31 points to Washington) the Philly defense has more holes in it at the back end than a lump of Swiss cheese and the pass rush doesn't always get there as evidenced in the Superbowl.

I don't think there's much between the offensive lines or # 1 wide receivers. Philly have a superior #2 WR and a better tight end at this stage in their careers. Probably give the running game to the Eagles as well.

Hurts over Prescott at QB.

It's an intriguing match up.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
diamond---were Rams bottom feeders?...Hmmm...for me it seemed they let Dak cut loose more...than the stifling Texas coast offense?....but i could be wrong?
Dak played extremely well. But the Cowboys have not beaten anyone over .500 this season. Hence, bottom feeding.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score

I haven't gotten any news that they traded for anyone besides the Texas safety? He played last week against Washington. They are still weak in the defensive secondary, and no they still don't have all those players from last year. At least 1/2 dozen of those players on defense are gone. The Washington quarterback Sam Howell looked like Troy Aikman. Wasn't he player of the week? I haven't seen any QB that Philly were very effective at stopping the last few weeks. I agree their O line is better than ours, but they aren't playing against ours. Our D line will be able to rush the passer easily. The Eagles can run the ball against us if they choose to but don't think we aren't going to hit the quarterback early and often. We certainly aren't big underdogs. A field-goal ? That should tell you something they view us as statistical ties with the Eagles. I don't view them as favorites.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Dak played extremely well. But the Cowboys have not beaten anyone over .500 this season. Hence, bottom feeding.
Don't look now but the Jets are 4-3 and would be 5-2 and being talked about in an entirely different light had they not been boat raced by the Cowboys.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Did you watch the Cowboys against the 49ers in the play offs over the past two years?

The Cowboys have been the far superior team over the past two games - defense dominating in particular. Any starting QB

Hurts was key to the Eagles' offense scoring 38 points with the defense giving up 31 points and completing a big comeback in the process.

He was also key to the Eagles beating the Colts this season.

Yes, he made a mistake and cost the Eagles the game against the Jets but the Jets D also did the same the Josh Allen. They are a different animal at home. The Cowboys D obliterated the Jets' D and handed the game on a plate to the offense.

Objectively speaking, the Cowboys have a stronger overall roster than the Eagles. They should win but I think the Eagles will get it done unfortunately with Hurts being the superior QB.

Before Prescott fans respond...just think about the Superbowl last season and run through the memory bank to the last time Prescott had to carry the offense in a shootout and put up 35 points in a big play off game against a quarterback like Mahomes on an explosive offense...the answer is never.

Until Prescott puts up serious numbers and beats a legit team like the 49ers in a big game in the play offs then he should pipe down and stay in his box.
mr Swagger--- Ok i will bite...i am in a bad mood today as far as cowboys and mgmt....i watched Cooper who in 2018 helped to turn our team from 3-5 first 8

games...7-1 last eight games and win wild card against Seahawks...just saw him fake defenders for SF out of their jocks and Cleveland handed SF 3rd straight

defeat....but so many teams getting players free agency to get better....but Nawww man...we like our players...plus its a process...if we go to Sheagle land and

hand the Sheagles a sure defeat then I will take the hits for being premature in my complaint....but if Sheagles make us c r a P the bed....then dont be suprised

how much "HATE" will swirl around here

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I haven't gotten any news that they traded for anyone besides the Texas safety? He played last week against Washington. They are still weak in the defensive secondary, and no they still don't have all those players from last year. At least 1/2 dozen of those players on defense are gone. The Washington quarterback Sam Howell looked like Troy Aikman. Wasn't he player of the week? I haven't seen any QB that Philly were very effective at stopping the last few weeks. I agree their O line is better than ours, but they aren't playing against ours. Our D line will be able to rush the passer easily. The Eagles can run the ball against us if they choose to but don't think we aren't going to hit the quarterback early and often. We certainly aren't big underdogs. A field-goal ? That should tell you something they view us as statistical ties with the Eagles. I don't view them as favorites.
mr Blue--- i like and agree with your analysis...with exception of calling eagles - beagles...they are women....some of us call them Sheagles?...just a thought?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Cowboys have the better defense and I think by a fair margin. Take away the box score stats and actually judge it on reality (e.g., just gave up 31 points to Washington) the Philly defense has more holes in it at the back end than a lump of Swiss cheese and the pass rush doesn't always get there as evidenced in the Superbowl.

I don't think there's much between the offensive lines or # 1 wide receivers. Philly have a superior #2 WR and a better tight end at this stage in their careers. Probably give the running game to the Eagles as well.

Hurts over Prescott at QB.

It's an intriguing match up.
mr Swagger-- since i can no longer post PLATS do to the 9er game in which i was so upset i told leadership to perma-ban me if i ever posted a PLAT....i am getting

this knot in stomach already do to the Sheagles....can we just beat the snot out of them this week.?..i mean put players in the hospital?....Dak has a good record

against Sheagles overrall....i hope we have the best schemes for offense and defense this week....i hope Hurts re-aggravates his knee or ankle or whatever?

i hope we leave as clear winners and no one hurt and ready to put beatdowns on any and all teams....i hope Dak has 5-straight games over 300 yds passing

and 4TD's...and our defense just hurts other offenses

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is 2 Hurts is 1….like it or not…..simple…

FVSTONE

Reaction score

So back to QB

Prescot has too much to prove before he can be considered the top dog in this division. Winning a few games against average to bottom feeder teams just doesn't reek top dog....................

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
mr Blue--- i like and agree with your analysis...with exception of calling eagles - beagles...they are women....some of us call them Sheagles?...just a thought?
You win that one. I started drifting, and thinking about hunting again. Off subject my beagles were male, and female. The female was the better rabbit dog. But that's besides the point. :)

blueblood70

Reaction score
They got two dudes from the Titans I don't know the other guy is a linebacker or something.. But I agree none of the moves made by any teams in the NFL outside of the NFC East which they weren't gonna trade us those guys anyway, it didn't move the needle for me none of them made sense all the guys that were rumored to go to us never got traded to anyone...

It's like the fan base is seems entitled they wanted a move made so they could be happy but there really wasn't anything that made sense to Jerry and I agree this time this year, hes correct..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dak is 2 Hurts is 1….like it or not…..simple…
no you are not the final say in any of this you don't break any ties you don't get to say what we feel.. Simple would be your way of thinking that's a fact.. If you look at what both teams do the activity the way they build their rosters Prescott playing behind the chains more without the same type of team he & hurts in my opinion, its a tie... I do not think if they switched places either team would miss a beat but neither team would be improved or diminished...

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
no you are not the final say in any of this you don't break any ties you don't get to say what we feel.. Simple would be your way of thinking that's a fact.. If you look at what both teams do the activity the way they build their rosters Prescott playing behind the chains more without the same type of team he & hurts in my opinion, its a tie... I do not think if they switched places either team would miss a beat but neither team would be improved or diminished...
You will agree with me and like it!