26. Flacco
27. tannehill
28. Allen
29. The broncos guy
30. Dak
31. Beatherd
32. Winston

This is truly embarrassing

I would move Bortles down to the bottom, Tannehill right above him, Allen right above him, and Winston right above Dak. Darnold is better right now but I'm not sure Rosen is yet. I think 27-28 is about right. Don't think he's a guy you can win with no matter what you surround him with.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I would move Bortles down to the bottom, Tannehill right above him, Allen right above him, and Winston right above Dak. Darnold is better right now but I'm not sure Rosen is yet. I think 27-28 is about right. Don't think he's a guy you can win with no matter what you surround him with.
Last year, in 13 games, Winston threw for 3500 yards and 19td passes, and you think dak I start better than he is? I don’t love Jameis, but if we were down 14 pts in the 4th quarter, I did take him over dak all day long.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Last year, in 13 games, Winston threw for 3500 yards and 19td passes, and you think dak I start better than he is? I don’t love Jameis, but if we were down 14 pts in the 4th quarter, I did take him over dak all day long.

Well I didn't say Dak was better than Jameis, so there is that.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Championship caliber wasn’t a good description leaving it open for criticism such as this but I certainly don’t recall Romo leading a bottom tier offense nor near the bottom of the league Qb rankings at anytime including less than great surrounding support.

Romo most seasons was a top 10-15 QB not 25th -30th.
Which matters to you? To suck or kinda suck?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Yes he was. If ******* Trent Dilfer was a championship caliber QB, then Romo was. This argument people use against Romo is absolutely laughably blind.
Win multiple playoffs, then I might say he's championship caliber. Especially when you have one of the best receivers to ever play in (TO) and a HOF tight end...

Dak sucks, but he's never had those type of weapons in their prime.

glimmerman

Reaction score
30th is a little harsh. I truly believe that if he focuses and has a little luck that he could be a 20th ranked qb.
Or if WR held on to the ball. Some of this is on Dak for sure. But some is on WR and coaching. Why did Linehan keep going between tackle when they were run blitzing all night. How about a toss or sweep.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I wouldn’t describe a mostly top 10 offense and QB as kinda sucking.
If you've been in the league 14 years, played for near 10 years and only have one play off victory, with one of the top 5 best receivers to ever play, a HOF TE, then you suck. He was a star in the regular season, and a JAG in the play offs. You can't be considered great when you falter in the play offs.

And this is where pedigree comes in. Big time, big school QBs. There's a reason they play there, and if they have success, that's even better. You need a BIG SCHOOL QB, with a nice size and a big arm, with the smarts of a natural QB. And most of all, you need a coach he will not dumb him down.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If you've been in the league 14 years, played for near 10 years and only have one play off victory, with one of the top 5 best receivers to ever play, a HOF TE, then you suck. He was a star in the regular season, and a JAG in the play offs. You can't be considered great when you falter in the play offs.

And this is where pedigree comes in. Big time, big school QBs. There's a reason they play there, and if they have success, that's even better. You need a BIG SCHOOL QB, with a nice size and a big arm, with the smarts of a natural QB. And most of all, you need a coach he will not dumb him down.
That’s totally ridiculous using your measurement as the bar for all. Lol

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
As of right now dak is a middle of the road QB (15-20) that takes care of the football. And on a run first team that is what you need.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
23rd, 27th, 30th, does it really matter? You aren't going anywhere with that.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Using the logic of those saying Romo wasn’t championship caliber, I guess Marino, fouts, Jim Kelly are also not championship Caliber.
I certainly wouldn’t place Romo at those HOF comparisons.

Those kind of comparisons do open up these unrealistic bashing.

Not only did Romo not put up those kind of numbers but he didn’t have their consistent playoff success despite not winning a championship.

Championship caliber isn’t a definte description but HOF talent is. Romo wasn’t HOF talent nor put up those type of career numbers.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
This board is bizarre to me. Romo has the 4th best passer rating all time -- all time -- and so many people hated him and thought he sucked. Now we have a QB who struggles to pass over 200 yards a games for over a season and droves of people are defending him like it's other guys fault.
Dak even has issues handing the ball off, last night another play where his exchange with Zeke looked so awkward. Sure it is only on an occassional play here and there but I cant recall any qb Ive ever seen where so often Ive thought "does he know how to hand the ball off"

Diehardblues

Reaction score
As of right now dak is a middle of the road QB (15-20) that takes care of the football. And on a run first team that is what you need.
But he’s not even that at this time.

I wasn’t attached to Romo and I’m certainly not to Dak. But I do recognize the difference in their production and the offenses effectiveness with each other under center respectively.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
That’s totally ridiculous using your measurement as the bar for all. Lol
For most. You can win with the ladder, but you need a competent front office that knows how to evaluate those types of QBs, and even better, have that type of coach to pull it out of him. We don't.