Dak is the 30th best starting QB in the NFL

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Credit where credit is due: Dak is an NFL level QB.

That level is career back-up. A guy that can win you a few games should your starter go down. In that regard, he has a solid future. That's a nice paycheck.

Unfortunately, I don't think that can be here in Dallas after his epic flameout, even though I do think our fans would accept him in that role.

Well he won 13 games when the starter went down in 2016. 9 more the next year.

But yeah....Just a few huh?

DFWJC

Reaction score
1. Brady
2. Rodgers
3. Brees
4. Ben
5. Wilson
6. Mahomes
7. Goff
8. Wentz
9. Cousins
10. Luck
11. Rivers
12. Cam
13. Stafford
14. Ryan
15. Dalton
16. Mayfield
17. Carr
18. Trubisky
19. Watson
20. Carr
21. Bortles
22. Marriotta
23. Darnold
24. Rosen
25. Eli
26. Flacco
27. tannehill
28. Allen
29. The broncos guy
30. Dak
31. Beatherd
32. Winston

This is truly embarrassing
Not to nitpick, but you dont really think Dak is better than Winston, do you?

Sydla

Reaction score
As of right now dak is a middle of the road QB (15-20) that takes care of the football. And on a run first team that is what you need.

If the QB can’t threaten the intermediate and deep areas of the field, you get what you saw last night. A team shutting down our run first offense by stacking the line and not worrying about exposing their young and pretty mediocre secondary.

Dak’s not good enough. At least as he is playing right now.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
We'll have to agree to disagree

It's interesting that the Lack of talent around him excuse is used to justify Daks atrocious performances, but Romo for long stretches was surrounded by worse and still became the all time leading passer in franchise history, yet gets little respect.

We've gone from Romo getting hammered for "blowing" the Denver game in 2013 on a 500 yard 5 TD performance, to Dak getting zero blame for averaging 172 yards a game with the league's leading rusher standing behind him

It's actually quite humorous to watch
I think he had superior talent to Dak in the passing game. Don't know what more you need.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
If the QB can’t threaten the intermediate and deep areas of the field, you get what you saw last night. A team shutting down our run first offense by stacking the line and not worrying about exposing their young and pretty mediocre secondary.

Dak’s not good enough. At least as he is playing right now.

Exactly what I said last night, and any DC that deviates from that going forward for the remainder 11 games deserves to be fired on the spot when the clock strikes triple zeros.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Well he won 13 games when the starter went down in 2016. 9 more the next year.

But yeah....Just a few huh?

He needs to rally, and quickly to save his career.

I don't think there's any question about that at this point. This offense is frozen solid with him under center right now. I know it's not all his fault, but just when you think he's going to make a play, he's throwing worm burners or airmailing it over wide open receivers heads at present.

He needs to get his act together immediately.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We'll have to agree to disagree

It's interesting that the Lack of talent around him excuse is used to justify Daks atrocious performances, but Romo for long stretches was surrounded by worse and still became the all time leading passer in franchise history, yet gets little respect.

We've gone from Romo getting hammered for "blowing" the Denver game in 2013 on a 500 yard 5 TD performance, to Dak getting zero blame for averaging 172 yards a game with the league's leading rusher standing behind him

It's actually quite humorous to watch

Romo was an infinitely better player than Prescott but he never had worse weapons than this. Sounds nice but not true. Our WRs are journeymen and our TEs belong in the new XFL. This is crap. It compliments the QB well.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
No way Romo lost that Denver game, Heck he outplayed the papa johns pizza guy. Our D sucked then and all you have to remember about that game is, when Manning runs a TD against you, that is a bad D. He could not out run my Grandmother and she is dead. That D sucked.

Dwight

Reaction score
Just imagine if Dak didn't have Zeke; his stats and rating would be rock bottom.

Jerry Jones should be proud of himself for putting this on the field. 20 plus years and counting.

The best owner/general manager in the football.