Dak is the man!

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Dak is only the 4th player in history with a perfect passer rating on 30+ attempts.

Dak Prescott 9/8/19
25 of 32 405 yd 4 td 0 int 158.3

Jared Goff 9/27/18
26 of 33 465 yd 5 td 0 int 158.3

Kurt Warner 10/1/00
24 of 30 390 yd 4 td 0 int 158.3

Ken O'Brien 11/2/86
26 of 32 431 yd 4 td 0 int 158.3

aria

Reaction score
I agree he did everything we could have asked him to do but let’s keep it real, that’s not saying much against that Giants defense. I think they had something like 7 rookies starting and a couple washed up vets.

Just for perspective, most rankings have the first 3 teams we play (NY, Washington and Miami) as 3 of the bottom 4 in the league and so far they all played like it. Baltimore put up 42 points in the first half for c sake and Lamar Jackson had a 158 QBR with 5 TD passes.

I like Dak and hope he keeps up the great work, which I expect he will do, but I’m not getting hyped up about beating these teams. I also think he’s shown enough to be paid and he actually shows up to work so I’m all for him but today’s game didn’t change my opinion of whether he is better or worse than what I thought before starting the season and the next two games likely won’t either unless he lays an egg in one of them.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s funny how the haters like @Risen Star @PAPPYDOG @slydia @acr731 @tyke1doe @mattjames2010 etc never congratulated the Cowboys or Dak on a well played game. Because they hate Dak and they hate the Cowboys and they should all be banned.

Dak played well probably against one of the worst defenses in the NFL.
Are you happy now......lol

Heard he even read a book back there as he had so much time to throw today ;)

IceBowler

Reaction score
Mechanics are dramatically improved, Drop is much quicker and it appears he’s seeing the field much better. Of course, the OL is back and afforded him the time to do what is necessary..

DallasInDC

Reaction score
The Dak haters will be quiet for at least a week until his next poor pass.

Unfortunately I think you're wrong... I expect to read a lot of but, but, but, this was the Giants, but this was just one game, but he can only do it with the most talented team around him, but what about 2017, yadda, yadda, yadda. As far as I am concerned, let spout that noise. They will be eating crow all season long.

Dak may not have a game THIS good for the rest of the season, but he will have a ton of great games, a few good games, and a couple of bad games and that is good enough for me.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Our young stud QB put the team on his shoulders, took the game over early, and never let up. He was dropping dimes and shredding the Giants’ defense all afternoon. 4TDs and over 400 yards. A perfect passer rating of 158.3. Led the team to 5 straight TDs for the first time in nearly two decades. Kellen Moore did a great job calling the plays and unleashing Dak.

Pay the man Jerry, while you can still afford him.
I think Kitna has had a great impact on him. What I wanted to see from him is improvement in his mehanics, better feet and throwing from the pocket and more accuracy (not completion percentage). he seemed to set his feet much much better and and he was following through with a consistent release point. much more accurate even from the pocket. now, he didn't face much pass rush today and the OL gave him all day to throw, but he looked good and improved.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Like I have said before Dak should get paid more than Wentz and a little less than Goff. Any argument that he should not be paid more than Wentz is stupid because Dak is available. Now if he wants to bet on himself and take the Cowboys to the SB this year he should be paid more than Goff. I just hope that he is signed to a reasonable and fair deal for both sides and hope he stays as our Qb for years to come. I like him not only as a QB but also as a human being. He is good role model.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Excuses are like *******s. Every one has one and they all stink.

SlimBig

Reaction score
Unfortunately I think you're wrong... I expect to read a lot of but, but, but, this was the Giants, but this was just one game, but he can only do it with the most talented team around him, but what about 2017, yadda, yadda, yadda. As far as I am concerned, let spout that noise. They will be eating crow all season long.

Dak may not have a game THIS good for the rest of the season, but he will have a ton of great games, a few good games, and a couple of bad games and that is good enough for me.
You're probably right. :(

Blake

Reaction score
This is the year, he bet on himself. I love it because I've been backing him since his first preseason game against Seattle. I told everybody it's a scheme it's what we do not necessarily what we can do. And he proved today what he can do

Same. That first preseason game in Seattle he showed me the "it" factor. I knew right then we had a franchise QB.

tyke1doe

Reaction score

:laugh:
Me think someone has a man crush on the Dakster. ;)

davidariust24

Reaction score
Dak showed that he has put in work. Not just on his mechanics but the timing and relations with his receivers. It was like pick your poison. It's easy to see that the Cowboys have weapons and that we have as many as anyone. We are eye to eye with any team. The Eagles , Rams , Saints, Vikes, Pat's you name the team and we can match. Dak looked good and he carried this team today. The Commanders will be a little harder but just a little because of their D line. Big respect to Dak

NumOneQB

Reaction score
He was impressive today. Made all the throws, scanned the field well, checked off when needed, etc. etc. The last time I felt this good about a QB after watching a Cowboy game, ol’ #8 was the Field General. Coincidentally, #8 was behind center the last time Dallas went to the NFC title game. Not trying to get too far into the blue koolaid just yet, but.....