Dak is the MVP case closed

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Dak would've been the MVP easily if he didn't fail so hard against Arizona, San Fran, and the Bills. If Dak plays those games like the first Eagles game (even if we lose) he probably STILL is easily MVP.

While Lamar ended the season putting on a clinic against San Fran (at San Fran) and against the Dolphins.

It's more than just stats.

Kingofholland

Reaction score

There's really no clear cut choice this year and its quite muddy in the selection even though Vegas thinks Lamar is the front runner. Lamar's season wasn't all that impressive among QB history, but his team is rolling into the playoffs as the number 1 seed and he's played well down the stretch to get there.

Personally, if I was making the decision I would give the award to McCaffrey who's had an outstanding year and perhaps the 1 guy at any position you would get a consesus on who's the best player across their position. However, since he's not a QB that knocks him back in voting which is a bummer for RBs.

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score
Dak would've been the MVP easily if he didn't fail so hard against Arizona, San Fran, and the Bills. If Dak plays those games like the first Eagles game (even if we lose) he probably STILL is easily MVP.

While Lamar ended the season putting on a clinic against San Fran (at San Fran) and against the Dolphins.

I don't even think the Arizona and San Fran games mattered. If he would have won those but lost to the Bills and Dolphins he would have a lost the award because of recency bias.

Reactions: CWR

BobSacamano

Reaction score

MVP is not for a month of the season. Generally it’s cumulative.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The MVP isn’t all about stats. Jackson has played steady all season and came up big in huge games late in the season against San Francisco and Miami, which pretty much locked up MVP.

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score
MVP is not for a month of the season. Generally it’s cumulative.
not true. The MVP is won at the end of the season. Dak was the favorite then lost to the Bills then Purdy was the favorite than lost to Lamar who became the favorite. If Ravens lost to the Dolphins, Dak would have probably won it. They have their favorites going into the last stretch and then the rankings become like College Football.

erod

Reaction score
You can't crap the bed completely in multiple games, then point to stats.

Jackson didn't get to play the Giants, Eagles, and Commodes defenses twice, plus the Jets, Patriots, Cardinals, Chargers, Pantgers, and Seahawks.

Dak rolled up the trash defenses, then went limp against the big boys.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

I'm glad I don't get to be part of the voting. I'm certain there are a few members here at CZ who would go nuts.