Dak isn’t the Problem Jerry Is

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
The eagles have slightly better players because they make trades and draft well. Jerry never goes all in. The Eagles go all in then blow it up and start over. Jerry doesn’t do that and hasn’t since we found Romo.
Jerry is happy being relevant.
He won't take big risk anymore.
Stephen's influence?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
That sound so stupid especially if you watched the game. We beat ourselves and NOT because Philly beat us with better players.
The Eagles don’t draft any better than the Cowboys. Some of their trades work out well, but they all don’t. They simply make more deals than Dallas. It’s the shotgun approach. They do, however, make their OL and DL the priority. That masks a lot of personnel mistakes they otherwise make. They are not as good as Baltimore, Kansas City, Cincinnati. They are trying to be that good, though. Jerry is trying to be as good as Philadelphia. If the Eagles come up short, the Cowboys come up short.

plymkr

Reaction score
That sound so stupid especially if you watched the game. We beat ourselves and NOT because Philly beat us with better players.
Jerry not holding the players or coaches accountable is the reason we beat ourselves. I don’t feel the Eagles have a significantly better roster than us. Or even a better roster than us. They have a better organization and that was the difference of the game. We’ve been beating ourselves with penalties and coming out flat. When that’s a frequent occurrence then that’s an organization issue.

cristglo

Reaction score
Spot on.

What's sad is that the O-line was a lesson Jerry learned in the Romo years. He seems to have forgotten that lesson, sadly. What's even sadder is that it's basic football 101. The lines (both defense and offense) control the game. I think he was sold the idea of analytics so much that he and his fellow front office people believed every position could be filled with "diamonds in the rough" that analytics said would work. That on top of the weak, soft culture he promotes (The Jerry way) gives us what we see all of the time. Flashes of good followed by utter weakness and softness. But they stay "relevant" which is most important to him.

His lies about the SB being the most important goal. That is a fantasy only the truly stupid believe and the results say otherwise. If the SB were the actual goal, things would actually change. They'd make trades when needed and not way after the fact if at all. They're always too reactionary and too late. But you have some people on this board (very few) that somehow and inexplicably think Jerry is doing a good/great job GMing...even if we have 27 years of the same soft thing. Collapsing when it matters most and almost always in the exact same ways. Different players, different coaches, different schemes, but same culture and undermining GM/owner.
We all have to face it. jerry sold his soul to win those Super Bowls, and let me add. He paid for them in an era where salary cap-didn’t exist. now that all teams are pretty much on the same level playing system Jerry can’t do nothing. He hasn’t made a wise decision when it has come to trading for players and paying players.he did good with Amari Cooper then turned around and gave him away for nothing and as you said he’s not addressed anything that’s needed. It’s like he wants to prove that he’s smarter than the rest of the GM’s, and he just looks foolish.
Jerry has us all fooled and he’s a liar
Remeber him saying, he would give a blank check if it meant winning another Super Bowl yeah right

Loso86

Reaction score
Jerry not holding the players or coaches accountable is the reason we beat ourselves. I don’t feel the Eagles have a significantly better roster than us. Or even a better roster than us. They have a better organization and that was the difference of the game. We’ve been beating ourselves with penalties and coming out flat. When that’s a frequent occurrence then that’s an organization issue.
You all entitled to your own opinion but at the end if the day the players gotta play and the coaches have to coach. I'm not blaming the owner of my job everyday that my coworkers come to work lazy or messing up ALL the time

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Ignored the OL? They have drafted multiple OL every year (I think, too lazy to look it up) and brought in UDFA's. If Waletzko, Richards & Bass can contribute, the situation going into next season isn't as dire as it currently looks. If they don't pan out, then we missed but we didn't ignore.

Now, choosing an inferior player at a position you already had covered over Torrence was a mistake.

CCBoy

Reaction score
With all due respect, this contradicts itself…..Jerry picks the roster, he doesn’t play or coach
Not even this. He signs off on the developments brought together by the coaching staff and scouting departments. He oversees, not conducts the process. Big difference. The complete staff accepts their job and where the team is and going is on THEIR shoulders. I'm not crying about either this coaching staff or the scouting department as to their skills. Then, it's football, not Jerry to blame.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I wouldn't say the Eagles have a better roster overall....I just think they have a more wisely constructed roster and team building philosophy....which was instilled by Andy Reid, and taken as gospel by their owner ever since.

In this day and age....you can't be good everywhere, due to salary cap. You have to prioritize. Andy is famous for saying "Give me a Quarterback 1st. Then give me TWO offensive tackles. Then give me TWO pass rushers. I'll fill in everywhere else as we go"

Over the years...Philly always lived by that...and now the Chiefs. Philly went the extra mile to always make sure they had a Top 3 OLine at all positions for last 20 years...and dumped tons of resources into DLine... Chiefs too.

Then when it comes to LB or RB or secondary.....they find bargains, and hope their superior lines cover them up. Right or wrong...they have a plan....supported by their owner.

We are more scattershot: Hey LB in rd1 this year, RB in rd1 next year, Wr rd 1 next year...then CB....then guard...etc. it's kinda random.

Philly will spend a rd1 pick on an OTackle, a Dlineman, a QB, occasionally a WR....and that's it. So their talent is same as ours...but it's concentrated in the most high impact areas: on the lines, QB, receiver.

Ours is more spread out. I think how they constructed their team gives them slight advantages over similarly talented teams that have more random team building philosophy...as evidenced by the fact that they've now only lost 3 games in the last 2 seasons combined ,including playoffs and superbowl, that they've tried to win when hurts played.
Bet...explain just how the comparison on a position against position analysis between Dallas and Philadelphia exactly are...can you? Prove your stuff now.

blueblood70

Reaction score
How come their secondary still has a lot of problems straight up their middle and they made a last minute pickup at safety? Show, go ahead, how Jerry is dumb measuring for future top dollar contracts on their top defensive and offensive producers...go ahead and don't imply, prove that fails with naming your whipping boy used Jerry.

Use the usual excuse of not understanding English as well... :popcorn:
exactly

even after all of our issues and mistakes in execution, we nearly beat the eagles on their turf with little help from the officials. some bad breaks but saw nothing that says the eagles are Better than us just luckier ie 3 fumbles all bounced back to them and the little edge from the zebras only reason they beta MIA as well.....

i don't think this clown realizes we could have kicked 3 field goals and won the game.. just daks toe on the 2 pnt conv was unlucky.. 1inch for schoon etc etc we beat ourselves played better IMHO and lost..

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry Jones's decisions isn't the root cause of the problem.

The real problem is that Jerry Jones is making decisions.
^ This.

Jerry Jones is not the first and will not be the last owner who exempts himself from proper job evaluation. He made himself general manager. He would have been fired decades ago based on his managing the team IF he were any other person holding the position.

By definition, Jones is a leader of the team. Being the general manager makes him a significant leader of the team. It can be argued that combining the attributes of being a significant leader with his particular personality makes Jones' decisions and actions exceedingly influential over other team leaders such as his head coach.

Win or lose, sports teams adopt the characteristics of its head coach, manager, etc. This can be a good or bad thing depending on the coach's leadership style but that defining quality is diminished or almost nullified in Dallas because of the huge self-serving shadow Jones casts over everyone beneath him.

Bill Parcells was the last head coach that the team remotely embodied as its unquestioned leader. Jones fashioned himself into that capacity in every other instance in the post-Jimmy Johnson era. His form of leadership is not conductive for inspiring a team to be the best it can be game-in and game-out.