Dak Just Got Dissed big Time On NFL Live!

Zman5

Reaction score
Voltaire once said: Opinion has caused more trouble on this little earth than plagues or earthquakes.

Wait. Are you sure he didn't say "Opinions are like bunghole. Every one has one."

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Jimmy Garoppolo over Dak? Heck, I wouldn't even take Deshaun Watson over Dak, and I would have to think very hard about taking Lamar Jackson over him.
Showed his true colors when they finally played a team over .500 (Seahawks) and lost. Nothing special there. They'll be one and done in the playoffs.

CB61

Reaction score
Soooo,

NFL Live just did a segment where co-host and former DL Rob Ninkovich from the Hatriots gave his "TOP 5 QBS Under Age 30". Here they are, in order of Ninkovich's preference, with #1 being his top QB:

1. Patrick Mahomes
2. Deshaun Watson
3. Lamar Jackson
4. Kyler Murray
5. Jimmy Garoppolo

Is there anyone who would seriously take Kyler Murray or Jimmy Garoppolo over Dak? Heck, I wouldn't even take Deshaun Watson over Dak, and I would have to think very hard about taking Lamar Jackson over him.
I would agree as far throwing the ball
Soooo,

NFL Live just did a segment where co-host and former DL Rob Ninkovich from the Hatriots gave his "TOP 5 QBS Under Age 30". Here they are, in order of Ninkovich's preference, with #1 being his top QB:

1. Patrick Mahomes
2. Deshaun Watson
3. Lamar Jackson
4. Kyler Murray
5. Jimmy Garoppolo

Is there anyone who would seriously take Kyler Murray or Jimmy Garoppolo over Dak? Heck, I wouldn't even take Deshaun Watson over Dak, and I would have to think very hard about taking Lamar Jackson over him.
I think that's because they make more happen on offense by taking off and running Jimmy Garoppolo no the others probably for that reason, that doesn't mean Prescott can't be that is he going to be as fast is Lamar Jackson? No, but I wish they would start using him more like that in some designed runs when they have done this he's had a lot of success

HungryLion

Reaction score
Just FYI, it's the best QB play evaluating tool out there outside of EPA.
And more advanced NFL analysts easily "worth their salt" value it. So very wrong.

I do love that argument though. QBR is worthless. But you know what is more valuable? The random fan on cowboyszone and their eye test. That’s much more valuable than any type of analytic.

CB61

Reaction score
I would agree as far throwing the ball

I think that's because they make more happen on offense by taking off and running Jimmy Garoppolo no the others probably for that reason, that doesn't mean Prescott can't be that is he going to be as fast is Lamar Jackson? No, but I wish they would start using him more like that in some designed runs when they have done this he's had a lot of success
This offense needs to be more versatile and they need a good swift kick in the you-know-what and I think that would jump start it every time we have used him in the running game we seem to light up defenses or at the very least move the ball well on a consistent basis

CB61

Reaction score
This offense needs to be more versatile and they need a good swift kick in the you-know-what and I think that would jump start it every time we have used him in the running game we seem to light up defenses or at the very least move the ball well on a consistent basis
I think they are trying to make him more of a pocket passer and they are wasting his natural talents which in fact I believe would build more confidence when he throws the ball he's made great strides in that

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I do love that argument though. QBR is worthless. But you know what is more valuable? The random fan on cowboyszone and their eye test. That’s much more valuable than any type of analytic.
Both of those things are a type of analytic. It's perfectly reasonable to think that one is garbage. Especially one that is passed off as a "stat" or fact. At least with an eye test, everyone is fully aware, it is someone's subjective opinion.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Disagree. It's subjective crap.
It's not. There's literally one subjective thing in the plethora of evaluating tools within the formula. Throwing out the most advanced evaluating tool because 1% of it can be left open to interpretation is silly.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
It is what it is.

If they would rather use something that assigns the same value to a 5 yard completion on 3rd and 12 to a 5 yard completion on 1st and 10, instead of using a stat that determines whether a player dropped a ball or not. Which one of those instances occurs multiple times in a series, while the average team probably drops 2 passes per game. Then you let that person use the stat they want. You wont convince them otherwise.

But to call it garbage is completely ignorant. .

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Watson is not a fad. He runs because he has a poor offensive line. Give that kid protection, and he'll kill you in the passing game. I thought Dabo was blowing smoke when he compared Watson to Michael Jordan. But seeing Watson play, he is more talented and more gifted than I gave him credit for.
Jackson is likely to have a short career, ala, Slash/Kordell Stewart. He won't be able to run like that for many more years. Either he's going to have to develop throwing from the pocket, or I'm giving him 3 more years of running as a quarterback - MAX! But maybe the Ravens think they'll get a Super Bowl out of him, which may be worth it.
Yeah Watson is for real.

As for Jackson, here’s some trivia
He has far more yards and a much higher passer rating while throwing from the pocket
His passer rating throwing from the pocket is near the top of the NFL

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Line up every quarterback in the NFL and Dak is right there with the top ones. He's not elite yet. But he is at times elite. Even the top level feeders have bad games as in Brady-Rodgers and Mahomes. Dak just needs to take more control of the offense and be more of a vocal leader. In that I mean he needs to make his linemen and receivers more accountable as Troy did. Dak IMO just seems to home boyish with his team mates. Versus chewing them out when needed.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
It's not. There's literally one subjective thing in the plethora of evaluating tools within the formula. Throwing out the most advanced evaluating tool because 1% of it can be left open to interpretation is silly.
It's not 1%. The entire concept is based on subjectivity.

exciter

Reaction score
Jackson and Watson is a fad that will end soon, see RG3,. If they don’t become better passers they won’t last long. Murray is a bit different because in that system he gets rid of the ball super fast. Jimmy G is horrible, after Monday night most of the football world who doesn’t think he is bad is on drugs. Mahomes is great but his body will most likely fail him. None of these guys have the frame of Dak. I’d take Mahomes over him and that’s it but I’d know it was a 2-3 year investment and no more!!!
Garofalo looked like a deer in headlights Monday night. In fact the one that just turned around and ran into my truck didn't look nearly as incompetent!

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Soooo,

1. Patrick Mahomes
2. Deshaun Watson
3. Lamar Jackson
4. Kyler Murray
5. Jimmy Garoppolo

Just a hot take to get people buzzing. Move along, nothing to see here.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
There’s a reason this guy did it. To get attention. It’s what every other sportscaster does. Use the cowboys to gain attention. That’s why I don’t know why people are so triggered by what Steven a does. He does it for views... for followers. Say something controversial involving the cowboys and you get instant followers.

that’s why I don’t trust any media in any realm. They only care about they’re only bottom line.

I would venture to say that 50% of the opinions in the media are formulated by what causes the most buzz rather than true feelings