Dak, Kellen, and selfish play

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
This is a winning league. If a team has 5,000 passing yards and doesn’t score points and ends up with a 7-9 or 8-8 record it does not get credit for being successful.

Obviously their plan didn’t work. Doesn’t mean it wasn’t their plan. And anyone could have told you going into this season that Zeke and a robust ground game is the recipe for winning games

Why did they go away from that again? In a contract year for Dak? In Kellen’s first year as OC?

cern

Reaction score
Poorly coached team.
An owner the players wish would just shut up
No tackles on defense. Worse yet, d-line poorly coached. O-line seems to have forgotten how to run block. Plenty of blame to go around. I do not agree with op's assertions.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I don't think Prescott is that guy. He wants to win and knows stats are not more important. It's the system. It was the same with Romo.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It doesn’t mean it was their plan either. It really doesn’t make sense to think Moore and Dak didn’t go into the season with the belief Zeke was a weapon that could contribute to a strong offense, or with the understanding that an offense that is strong both running and passing is harder to defend than a one dimensional offense. What you are suggesting is Moore and Dak were too stupid to see the benefit of having the NFL rushing leader.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
This is a winning league. If a team has 5,000 passing yards and doesn’t score points and ends up with a 7-9 or 8-8 record it does not get credit for being successful.

And yet, that's exactly the way it appears this season is going to end for our team and the only thing anyone is talking about is how much is Dak going to get paid

Seems to me it's working out just how the original poster said

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And yet, that's exactly the way it appears this season is going to end for our team and the only thing anyone is talking about is how much is Dak going to get paid

Seems to me it's working out just how the original poster said
You think this season is going to end with the team, players and coaches being considered successful? Really?

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And the threads just keep on coming, now it's Moore and Prescott conspiring to inflate his stats for a new contract at the detriment of the team.

Beauty man, Zone insight rising to yet another level.
Ya, it’s getting scary/pathetic.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
IMO... I think Dak and his buddy Kellen Moore prioritized getting gaudy passing stats this year in order to strengthen Dak’s bargaining position.

Of course— they assumed the wins would flow if he threw the ball well.

So— they have tried to make this “Dak’s” team and have not relied as much on Zeke. We have won when we have run the ball well. That is who we are.

Instead of doing what is best for the team in 2019 and building this identity around Zeke— I believe Dak and Kellen wanted to showboat and showcase their “awesome” passing attack to leverage better contracts for themselves.

Speculation of course— and yet, human nature being inherent selfish, and the results and stats being what they are— I think this is the kind of “hero” ball that has sabotaged this season
I think your assessment is spot on. Zeke has been way underutilized this season.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
This locker room is clearly divided. Stories from the defense being divided (Richard philosophy vs Marinelli philosophy), conspiracies about the O-line purposefully run blocking badly for Zeke due to him holding out, now conspiracies on Dak and Kellen trying to get his stats up to make him look better than what he is. If all of this is true, blow it all up. This team is selfish and arrogant as can be.
PROVE IT..........what stories? OL "blocking badly"? Is "badly" a word? Who stated the OL blocked poorly for Zeke?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
IMO... I think Dak and his buddy Kellen Moore prioritized getting gaudy passing stats this year in order to strengthen Dak’s bargaining position.

Of course— they assumed the wins would flow if he threw the ball well.

So— they have tried to make this “Dak’s” team and have not relied as much on Zeke. We have won when we have run the ball well. That is who we are.

Instead of doing what is best for the team in 2019 and building this identity around Zeke— I believe Dak and Kellen wanted to showboat and showcase their “awesome” passing attack to leverage better contracts for themselves.

Speculation of course— and yet, human nature being inherent selfish, and the results and stats being what they are— I think this is the kind of “hero” ball that has sabotaged this season
:huh::eek::thumbdown:

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
PROVE IT..........what stories? OL "blocking badly"? Is "badly" a word? Who stated the OL blocked poorly for Zeke?

badly- adverb, in an unsatisfactory, inadequate, or unsuccessful way.
badly- adjective, guilty or regretful.

My English is fine, thanks for the concern. I'd be more concerned for your English considering I said CONSPIRACIES as well. Meaning they are mere theories not meant to be taken as truths. You're ignoring words in my posts.

By the way, the conspiracy comes from this thread: https://cowboyszone.com/threads/a-different-take-on-the-run-game.445884/

Seven

Reaction score
P
badly- adverb, in an unsatisfactory, inadequate, or unsuccessful way.
badly- adjective, guilty or regretful.

My English is fine, thanks for the concern. I'd be more concerned for your English considering I said CONSPIRACIES as well. Meaning they are mere theories not meant to be taken as truths. You're ignoring words in my posts.

By the way, the conspiracy comes from this thread: https://cowboyszone.com/threads/a-different-take-on-the-run-game.445884/
Prove it........who said it.

Stop posting like your spurrned mother. TMZ exists because of ladies like you.

People like you ruin legit MB's.........but I'm sure you know that.

Get a J.O.B.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
P

Prove it........who said it.

Stop posting like your spurrned mother. TMZ exists because of ladies like you.

People like you ruin legit MB's.........but I'm sure you know that.

Get a J.O.B.

Eh. I'm not concerned about a person that resorts to personal attacks in order to "win" an argument. Have a nice day.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You guys don't get it. At all. Wow.

Hello???

It all starts with the Oline. How the Oline goes, this Offense goes.

Seven

Reaction score
Eh. I'm not concerned about a person that resorts to personal attacks in order to "win" an argument. Have a nice day.
I am concerned with Mrs. Cravitz, sticking her nose into fallicies and spreading them like Gospel.

Pssssst.....WWF is fake.

A WIN........? You're pathetic. "Win" in your regurgitation of a lie?

Yah.......... where's my blue ribbon? Jesus.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Poorly coached team.
An owner the players wish would just shut up
No tackles on defense. Worse yet, d-line poorly coached. O-line seems to have forgotten how to run block. Plenty of blame to go around. I do not agree with op's assertions.

Happy to agree to disagree... respect your opinion. Lots of issues on this team— totally agree. I am looking at Dak and Kellen and their offensive approach this year specifically in this thread.

Honest question: Do you think it is possible that Dak has been distracted or hyper- focused on his contract in any way during this season?

Put yourself in his shoes. Cheap rookie contract. Lots of haters in the media saying you are no better than a bus driver. Lots of people— including Stephen Jones— are on the record saying Zeke is the straw that stirs the drink and sign him to a huge deal this offseason. You are in the midst of negotiations that could result in you possibly making upwards of 150-200 million dollars over the life of the contract (not to mention even more sponsors).... and this is the most important season to “make your case”.

Is it not possible that Dak circled this season with his friend Kellen Moore— and placed his pursuit of good personal performances ahead of what is best for the team? Everyone knows we win when Zeke gets 20+ carries and goes over 100 yards— but If we win because of Zeke— why pay Dak?

There is a lot at stake personally for Dak this season... and I think that has affected the way he and Kellen have approached the way they try to win games

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
wow, just wow. The offensive line is not the problem. Three guys to the pro bowl and the fourth playing at a high level. smh