Dak led league in "tight window throws" and why this led to league high interceptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qcard

Reaction score
Lmao, Qcard!!! My orange juice just came out of my nose thinking of that (milking a rat). looool
Dak Haters are useless...now they are fixated on INTs san the context.
1. Flawed WR Scheme
2. Coaching Philosophically Clashing
3. Prescott Historical Low INT%
4. Rat Milk Constipates Dak Haters Brains
:rolleyes::lmao2::lmao2: Dak Hater are habitual Rug Pullers

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Has it been shown that Dak was ordered to be more aggressive? If so, should even have to be told that he needs to actually make some plays, like every other QB needs to do?

You're going to have to show me actual examples of a QB, especially a QB that was paid top dollar, changing his mental makeup from cautious to aggressive, successfully. It's much easier to tone down an over confident dog than to build up a dog that lacks confidence. As Cowboys fans we have seen that exact sentiment played out in front of us over the last 16 years.

For all your dramatically expressed strawman deflections, you seem to be missing the point. You seem to have an agenda. I'm not trying to prove anything. I am talking football, which involves critiquing the team, just as it has since the first two people had the first conversation about the first team sports game ever played. Why does that bother you so much?

Bonus question. Why is critiquing Dak so much of a problem when virtually every other player on the team can be criticized without getting near the amount of drama that critics of Dak get?

Very cultish behavior.
They are all Romo haters who hope and pray dak can come up big so they can continue to blame Romo. sad but true.

75boyz

Reaction score
huh? you just move the goal post. you initially talked about completion percentage is meaningless. now you are shifting to not running on certain plays and choosing to throw. btw, I have said it that some of the throws and interceptions were bad. I think about half of th 15 should not have been thrown. some of the others happened and it happens to every QB including Mahomes and others...

so all this bruh ha ha over 7 interceptions.

so he had 7 bad decisions. and I don't dismiss of those mistakes. also that he is not Elite, and as a result of not being elite, he will make mistakes. doesn't make him trash as you are attempting to make it out to be.
you want Dak to be elite. he is not. will never be and thus you are kicking and screaming why is he not elite, dump him and I want an elite QB....

so yes, there is a debate, because you are ranting and shifting and all over the place.

yeah, case closed now. more directly. you have no case until you can stick to a line of argument and not be all over the place.
If my discussion of Dak being a poor decision maker personally upsets you for some reason I am sorry.

Nothing you say here
or have said changes the fact that he remains a poor decision maker.

This fact, poor decision making alone, is the reason why he fails. Thus, the team fails.

How and why you keep circumventing this fact, you can not disprove the fact that Dak Prescott is a poor decision maker and will remain one and the Dallas Cowboys will continue to lose because of it.

Goal posts firmly planted and remain.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Dak Haters are useless...now they are fixated on INTs san the context.
1. Flawed WR Scheme
2. Coaching Philosophically Clashing
3. Prescott Historical Low INT%
4. Rat Milk Constipates Dak Haters Brains
:rolleyes::lmao2::lmao2: Dak Hater are habitual Rug Pullers
So your typical diarrhea post....at least you are consistent but you should take probiotics.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Has it been shown that Dak was ordered to be more aggressive? If so, should even have to be told that he needs to actually make some plays, like every other QB needs to do?

You're going to have to show me actual examples of a QB, especially a QB that was paid top dollar, changing his mental makeup from cautious to aggressive, successfully. It's much easier to tone down an over confident dog than to build up a dog that lacks confidence. As Cowboys fans we have seen that exact sentiment played out in front of us over the last 16 years.

For all your dramatically expressed strawman deflections, you seem to be missing the point. You seem to have an agenda. I'm not trying to prove anything. I am talking football, which involves critiquing the team, just as it has since the first two people had the first conversation about the first team sports game ever played. Why does that bother you so much?

Bonus question. Why is critiquing Dak so much of a problem when virtually every other player on the team can be criticized without getting near the amount of drama that critics of Dak get?

Very cultish behavior.
yes, straight from horses mouth. the hose being McCarthy himself saying that..... so the coach asked him to change his style and be more aggressive. its outside of his comfort zone.

example? how about Peyton Manning, after his surgery, changing his style and winning a superbowl. How about Curt Warner? how about Brett Favre actually becoming less risky and more cautious from his gun slingling days? how about Jackson focusing more on throwing than running. how about steve young, running less and passing more and finally winning a superbowl.

come on dude. I know you hate Dak and want him gone. but you keep shifting from one argument to another.

I say it again, Dak is not elite. he will make mistakes. doesn't mean he is trash and the worst ever. and if you have some one better than Dak in mind that we can have, please speak up.

its not critiquing Dak, its the pure bullshiet hatred putting a microscope to 15 throws and extraploating it into a career and a whole other thing because it looks big under the microscope, since you have an agenda to drive.

yeah, I agree on the cultish. you are one of the Bash Dak over Dallas cult members. that much is obvious

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If my discussion of Dak being a poor decision maker personally upsets you for some reason I am sorry.

Nothing you say here
or have said changes the fact that he remains a poor decision maker.

This fact, poor decision making alone, is the reason why he fails. Thus, the team fails.

How and why you keep circumventing this fact, you can not disprove the fact that Dak Prescott is a poor decision maker and will remain one and the Dallas Cowboys will continue to lose because of it.

Goal posts firmly planted and remain.
why would I be upset. you keep grasping at straws. I clearly stated. Dak is not elite, he will make mistakes. but you just ignored that.

and like I said, you are focused on 15 throws out of 400. and of those 15, 7 were stupid throws as I have said..... and then you took the 7, put it under microscope, extrapolated it into an entire career of 7 years.

and lets kick Dak to the curb. I really want that to happen. give me someone who is better...and guarnatee me he will be better.

no, goal post you planted is in sand, and you keep pulling it every which way looking for something.

again, Dak is not elite. he is not perfect. he will make mistakes. so who you got? give me someone better.

75boyz

Reaction score
why would I be upset. you keep grasping at straws. I clearly stated. Dak is not elite, he will make mistakes. but you just ignored that.

and like I said, you are focused on 15 throws out of 400. and of those 15, 7 were stupid throws as I have said..... and then you took the 7, put it under microscope, extrapolated it into an entire career of 7 years.

and lets kick Dak to the curb. I really want that to happen. give me someone who is better...and guarnatee me he will be better.

no, goal post you planted is in sand, and you keep pulling it every which way looking for something.

again, Dak is not elite. he is not perfect. he will make mistakes. so who you got? give me someone better.
He will continue to make the critical bonehead decisions in real time that he has repeatedly shown and the results will be losses.

Your shtick of this perfect plan of improvement at the QB position is juvenile and Jones like.

So you're saying you are so risk averse to QB change that you would rather remain at your proven one and done playoff ceiling rather than attempt improving via draft, FA or trade. Isn't that how your shtick goes?

Well,
that will get ya weak division banners and possibly a wildcard win.

Dak Prescott as a decision maker will never win the 3-4 consecutive playoff games required to win a trophy.

People like you are okay with this form of Cowboy relevance and are what keeps Jerry's marketing PR bonanza rolling.

Don't settle. Aim higher.
No risk no reward.
The poor decision maker is NOT the answer.
That's been proven.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
There are certainly factors that combine, however, the final decision is always on the QB, therefore he can't be absolved as the final reckoning's on him.
Completion ratio is not a reliable indicator of accuracy as it doesn't factor in difficulty. I can pace off fifteen feet and throw an axe into a tree with a 100% completion percentage. If I start throwing from random distances and/or the tree starts running and/or the squirrels start throwing nuts at me, and/or my wife starts pestering me as to why I'm messing around with an axe when I should be mowing the lawn, my comp% will go way down.

Dak clearly tried to step up and respond to the criticisms that have been expressed about him since day one and which went to another level after the disappointing performance in the playoffs. He had a running game that took a lot of pressure off him and a defense that did the same, so he got away with it against teams like the Bears. When the running game tailed off, or when the defense had a hiccup, like against the Jags, his turnovers cost games. Against top level defenses he falls apart.

Last year wasn't a fluke. It was a representation of what Dak is when he steps outside of his "cautious Dak" comfort zone and tries to play like the QB he was paid to be.
It was a fluke. There’s no actual evidence to say it wasn’t a fluke. Your opinion and projection is not enough proof…sorry.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
When you have one of the worst receiving corps in the league it shows. We had a 1 and 2 4s.
This ^^^^

Very simple and obvious to everyone. Thank you for being honest. Wish the Dak critics would simply admit this. They would be taken more seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.