Dak led league in "tight window throws" and why this led to league high interceptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dak has a limited skill set. No back shoulder touch pass and the worst deep ball I’ve ever seen
true, but if managed right by a decent experienced playcaller, he can be very good. We saw this in 2016. Dak didnt just forget how to throw accurately. He in fact was in the top 2 in the entire league in 2016 with his accuracy. We called the right plays at the right time.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Those interception on Gallup’s comeback routes were not tight windows. Just bad decision making
Not bad decision making if you're used to making such non-looking throws for years with that same WR. The problem was Gallup was still not fully recovered from a torn ACL, thus it hampered his route running, cutting, separation and comeback abilities like it did on that play. Cowboys were in a bind having no choice but to play Gallup because our backups plain sucked. The blame falls squarely on our front office.

Rayman70

Reaction score
aint it funny how the TV experts and many radio guys in Dallas think KM is the best thing since Don Shula after he left Dallas? While he was here, they trashed him. Now hes their darling.Thats why media cant be trusted.

irishline

Reaction score

That I can agree with. Here is my question, are those throws into tight windows solely because receievers aren't getting separation, or is there some forcing the ball to someone who isn't open and/or not seeing wide open receivers in your progressions and throwing into coverage going on? Pretty sure there is more than enough of both.

In other words, throwing into tight windows too much isn't always a sign that the receivers aren't getting separation. It can also show an issue on the QB himself not reading the defense properly and/or going through his progressions adequately. Simply an observation, not an indictment.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Did Dak take more chances, or did he HAVE to take more chances since guys like Noah Brown and Gallup couldn't get separation?

Just some food for thought.
Cowboys were bottom part of the league in 3rd and long situations. Which was caused featuring a has been slow back like zeke.

Most of daks picks were on 3rd and long.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
:lmao:…….the lame excuses never can seem to make us forget who led the league twice in fumbles and last season in interceptions.

I like the ”tattoo thread” better
Dak is not a high interception qb throughout his career. Those are the facts, last years picks were an anomaly.

facts are stubborn things. :lmao::lmao2:

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Maybe he should’ve brown them zeke crocodile tears for Amari before he kicked him off the team? He lost his safety blanket and he wet the bed ;p

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I hope he's even worse this season.

It appears to be clear that as long as he's good enough to get embarrassed in the playoffs then he's good enough to be on this roster.

Therefore it's time to hope he's so bad that the playoffs isn't even a question.

It's what'll be best for the Cowboys in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.